The OCZ Agility 4 Series provides leading performance over a broad spectrum of applications, making use of asynchronous MLC NAND to offer an excellent cost per gigabyte. Agility 4 SSDs are innovatively engineered to deliver excellent file transfer rates and superior system responsiveness, all while providing a more durable, reliable, and energy efficient storage solution compared to traditional hard drives.
256 GB Agility 4 SATA III 2.5-Inch SSD
At a Glance
- Up to 420 MB/s sequential reads and 410 MB/s of sequential writes
- Up to 48,000 random read IOPS and 85,000 random write IOPS
- Access latency as low as 0.02
- Strong performance at lower queue depths
- Compatible with Windows-, Mac- and Linux-based systems
- Backed by 3-year limited warranty
Designed to take full advantage of the SATA III interface, the Agility 4 unleashes ultimate productivity, gaming, and multimedia applications for users seeking both stand-out speeds and exceptional value. This model of the 2.5-inch Agility 4 SSD (AGT4-25SAT3-256G) offers 256 GB of storage capacity, a 410 MB/s maximum sequential write speed, and up to 85,000 random 4k write performance. It's backed by a 3-year limited warranty.
Excelling in Performance, No Matter the File Type
Mirroring real-world performance scenarios over a broad spectrum of consumer desktop and mobile applications, Agility 4 SSDs are designed to provide a superior user experience and extreme performance over the other current solutions available on the market.
With the cutting-edge Indilinx Everest 2 platform, Agility 4 is optimized for consistently high speeds with the complete spectrum of file types and sizes including both compressible and incompressible data for balanced performance like no other drive you've experienced.
No Compression-Related Performance Limitations
Better performance with "real world" data streams of varying "compressibility" as well as fully incompressible data such as videos and multimedia files, encrypted data, archive files such as .ZIP files, and software.
Indilinx Infused Everest 2 Platform
Its leading-edge, dual-ARM controller architecture enables faster performance like nothing else you've experienced.
Fast Boot Times and Ultra-Low Latency
Boot up in as little as 9 seconds, and industry-low latencies of .04 reads and .02 writes enable superior multitasking and flawless performance.
Ndurance 2.0 Technology
Advanced suite of NAND Flash management to increase durability and reliability to expand the NAND's lifespan.
Which OCZ Agility 4 SSD is Right for You?
| ||AGT4-25SAT3-64G ||AGT4-25SAT3-128G ||AGT4-25SAT3-256G ||AGT4-25SAT3-512G |
|Capacity ||64 GB ||128 GB ||256 GB ||512 GB |
|Sequential Reads ||300 MB/s ||420 MB/s ||420 MB/s ||420 MB/s |
|Sequential Writes ||200 MB/s ||300 MB/s ||410 MB/s ||410 MB/s |
|Random 4k Read ||46,000 IOPS ||58,000 IOPS ||48,000 IOPS ||48,000 IOPS |
|Random 4k Write ||47,000 IOPS ||72,000 IOPS ||85,000 IOPS ||85,000 IOPS |
|NAND Components ||2Xnm Asynchronous Multi-Level Cell (MLC) |
|Interface ||SATA III / 6 Gbps |
(backwards compatible with SATA II / 3 Gbps)
|Form Factor ||2.5-inch |
|NAND Controller ||Indilinx Everest 2 |
|DRAM Cache ||Up to 1 GB |
|Dimensions ||99.8 x 69.63 x 9.3mm |
|Weight ||83g |
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF): 2 million hours
- Data Path Protection: ECC corrects up to 78 random bits/1KB
- Data Encryption: 256-bit AES-compliant, ATA Security Mode Features
- Product Health Monitoring: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (SMART) Support
- Serial ATA (SATA): Fully compliant with Serial ATA International Organization (Serial ATA Revision 3.0) and ATA/ATAPI-8 Standard Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- Operating System: Windows XP 32-bit / 64-bit; Windows Vista 32-bit / 64-bit; Windows 7 32-bit / 64-bit; Linux; Mac OS X
- Performance Optimization: TRIM (requires OS support), dynamic and static wear-leveling, background garbage collection, Indilinx nDurance 2.0 Technology to extend SSD lifespan
- Other Performance Features: Ndurance 2.0 Technology (reduced write amplification without compression, advanced multi-level ECC, adaptive NAND flash management)
- Service & Support: 3-year warranty, toll-free tech support, 24 hour forum support
The SSD Advantage
Whether you're refreshing an older laptop or trying to maximize the potential of the latest platform, SSDs provide substantial benefits over traditional hard drives.
Solid State Drives feature a non-mechanical design of NAND flash mounted to circuit boards, shock resistant up to 1500g. Hard disk drives consist of various moving parts making them susceptible to shock and damage.
SSDs have 100 times greater throughput and instantaneous access times for quicker boot-ups, faster file transfers, and overall snappier performance than hard drives. HDDs can only access the data faster the closer it is from the read/ write heads, while all parts of the SSD can be accessed at once.
Less Power Consumption, Silent Operation, and Lightweight
SSDs use significantly less wattage at peak load than hard disk drives--less than 2W versus 6W for an HDD--delivering longer battery life in notebooks, less power strain on system, and a cooler computing environment. With no moving parts, SSDs run virtually silent in your notebook or PC case to eliminate distracting noises during gaming or entertainment. And SSDs won't weigh down your laptop, netbook, or tablet PC when you're on the go.
SSDs run much cooler than hard disk drives...
...and much quieter, too.