OCZ Technology 240GB Agility 3 SATA 6Gb/s 2.5-Inch Midrange Performance Solid State Drive (SSD) with Max 525MB/s Read and Max 85K IOPS- AGT3-25SAT3-240G
Designed and built to provide an exceptional balance of performance and value, the OCZ Agility 3 SATA III Series solid state drive implements the cutting-edge SATA 6 Gbps interface to deliver excellent sequential and random data transfer rates, significantly improving your computing experience over hard drives.
This model of the 2.5-inch Agility 3 (AGT3-25SAT3-240G) offers 240 GB of storage capacity, a 500 MB/s maximum write speed, and up to 45,000 random 4k write performance. It's backed by a 3-year limited warranty.
Superior PC Experience
In addition to maximum performance, an Agility 3 upgrade promotes cooler, quieter, and more energy efficient conditions compared to traditional mechanical hard drives. With no moving parts, SSDs provide peace of mind with their superior durability and reliability. Read more about SSDs below.
240 GB Agility 3 SATA III
At a Glance
- Up to 525 MB/s maximum reads and 500 MB/s of maximum writes
- Up to 35,000 random 4K reads and 45,000 random 4K writes
- SandForce 2281 NAND controller
- Compatible with Windows-, Mac- and Linux-based systems
- 3-year limited warranty
Which OCZ Agility 3 SSD is Right for You?
| ||AGT3-25SAT3-60G ||AGT3-25SAT3-90G ||AGT3-25SAT3-120G ||AGT3-25SAT3-180G ||AGT3-25SAT3-240G ||AGT3-25SAT3-360G ||AGT3-25SAT3-480G |
|Capacity ||60 GB ||90 GB ||120 GB ||180 GB ||240 GB ||360 GB ||480 GB |
|Maximum Reads ||525 MB/s ||525 MB/s ||525 MB/s ||525 MB/s ||525 MB/s ||525 MB/s ||525 MB/s |
|Maximum Writes ||475 MB/s ||500 MB/s ||500 MB/s ||500 MB/s ||500 MB/s ||495 MB/s ||410 MB/s |
|Random 4k Read ||10,000 IOPS ||20,000 IOPS ||20,000 IOPS ||35,000 IOPS ||35,000 IOPS ||35,000 IOPS ||35,000 IOPS |
|Random 4k Write ||50,000 IOPS ||50,000 IOPS ||50,000 IOPS ||50,000 IOPS ||45,000 IOPS ||25,000 IOPS ||22,000 IOPS |
|Max Random 4k Write ||80,000 IOPS ||85,000 IOPS ||85,000 IOPS ||85,000 IOPS ||85,000 IOPS ||85,000 IOPS ||30,000 IOPS |
|NAND Components ||2Xnm Multi-Level Cell (MLC) |
|Interface ||SATA III / 6 Gbps |
(backwards compatible with SATA II / 3 Gbps)
|Form Factor ||2.5-inch |
|NAND Controller ||SandForce 2281 |
|Dimensions ||99.8 x 69.63 x 9.3mm |
|Weight ||77g |
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF): 2 million hours
- Data Path Protection: ECC corrects up to 78 random bits per 1 KB sector (BCH)
- Product Health Monitoring: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (SMART) Support
- Serial ATA (SATA): Fully compliant with Serial ATA International Organization (Serial ATA Revision 3.0) and ATA/ATAPI-8 Standard Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- Operating System: Windows XP 32-bit / 64-bit; Windows Vista 32-bit / 64-bit; Windows 7 32-bit / 64-bit; Linux; Mac OS X
- Native TRIM support (requires OS support)
- Shock resistant up to 1500G
- Low power consumption (2.7W active, 1.5W idle)
- Service & Support: 3-year warranty, toll-free tech support, 24 hour forum support
The SSD Advantage
Whether you're refreshing an older laptop or trying to maximize the potential of the latest platform, SSDs provide substantial benefits over traditional hard drives.
Solid State Drives feature a non-mechanical design of NAND flash mounted to circuit boards, shock resistant up to 1500g. Hard disk drives consist of various moving parts making them susceptible to shock and damage.
SSDs have 100 times greater throughput and instantaneous access times for quicker boot-ups, faster file transfers, and overall snappier performance than hard drives. HDDs can only access the data faster the closer it is from the read/ write heads, while all parts of the SSD can be accessed at once.
Less Power Consumption, Silent Operation, and Lightweight
SSDs use significantly less wattage at peak load than hard disk drives--less than 2W versus 6W for an HDD--delivering longer battery life in notebooks, less power strain on system, and a cooler computing environment. With no moving parts, SSDs run virtually silent in your notebook or PC case to eliminate distracting noises during gaming or entertainment. And SSDs won't weigh down your laptop, netbook, or tablet PC when you're on the go.
SSDs run much cooler than hard disk drives...
...and much quieter, too.