Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OCZ Technology 100 GB Vertex 2 Series SATA II 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive (SSD) OCZSSD2-2VTX100G
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 19, 2010
I installed this drive via cloning to a DELL Latitude D600 laptop.
It is like the first time I got myself an air-conditioned car, it is a revolution!

I am software engineer, and happen to be an very active developer, too.
In this laptop, there are legacy development environments like Visual Studio 6,
along with Visual Studio 2008 and also Netbeans and Eclipse for J2EE projects.

Along with these development environments, the laptop runs MSDE 2000, MSSQL 2008 Express,
and MySQL 5.0.

It is a dual core, 3 GB 667 Mhz device and with this SSD, everything is almost like instant.

I used Acronis 2010 Trial for cloning win xp pro, but the cloned drive was not aligned, so
I used Paragon Alignment Tool 2.0 ( is free while I am writing this) to align my primary
partition to get the most speed I can.
on February 26, 2011
I purchased this drive back in Sept of 2010, installed flawlessly in my Dell M4400 (QX9300 extreme dual core, Win. 7 pro 64-bit). I routinely run the full line of Adobe applications (DW, Photoshop, Flash etc), SQL server, MS Office 2010, Logos, and CAD software (Solidworks). I thought this machine was a workhorse and fast before I got this drive; I'll always install SSD's from now on. The load times of all the software decreased significantly (Especially Photoshop and Logos) as did the load times and save times of massive files. If you want to speed up your system, an SSD is the way to go.

Unfortunately early Feb. 2011 the drive died while I was working on a project (I typically work locally). Screen went blue and kaboom. Computer tried to reboot but no drive was found. I pulled the drive and tested it on two other computers, took it to Best Buy and they said it would make a good coaster. It didn't even power up. So I contacted OCZ and three weeks later I had a new drive in-house. While OCZ's service was good, it was certainly not fast! OCZ, you guys need to fix this. I was down 3 weeks!! Not cool. (My old trusty homebuilt computer to the rescue, while slow, it works...it's been chuggin on 6 yrs now!)

Fortunately I keep all major files on a separate drive that's backed up but I had not imaged the drive...it takes me several days to reconfigure the system and install all the software. So word of caution, image your drive after getting it the way you want it.

I've had the replacement drive a couple of weeks now and it's running great, but I will image it soon after I finish installing everything. Lets see if this one lasts. I should note that this can and has happened with regular drives in the past so to bag on SSD's and OCZ would be unfair. If it happens twice though, I'll be looking elsewhere for another SSD.
on July 23, 2010
I have it installed since 2 months and it works flawlessly with my macbook. The speed is astonishing.

The temperature-readings constantly show 128°C, but I would not worry, it's just a bug in the sensor/sensor-reading. The actual temperature stayed at hand-warm at all times.
on June 30, 2010
I am a technology enthusiast. I use this SSD to host an SQL Server Database, and the performance has been outstanding! 4 weeks, heavy use, no problems to report.

UPDATE: Purchased this back in May. I've been using it under heavy load, 24/7, and it's been performing flawlessly all this time. No problems to report!
on July 19, 2010
Not much more to say! My PC speeds have increased dramatically since installing this SSD. I HIGHLY recommend one.
on October 29, 2011
Nothing negative to say except that the 100GB in retrospect was too small because Windows wants to install everything by default to C: drive so my main drive is over 2/3 full. Superfast, just up for the larger capacity SSD.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2010
It is a very expensive SSD, but if you're planning not to change your system drive too soon, this SSD performances will take you all the way.
I'm glad I bought it.