OCZ Vertex 3 2.5 SSD SATA 3 - 6Gb-s Sandforce2281 2X NM MlC Nand - 60GB
Unleashing the performance potential of the SATA 6 Gbps interface, OCX leads the speed revolution with the next-generation Vertex 3 Series solid state drive. As the first SSD to feature the latest Sandforce controller design, OCZ created the Vertex 3 to push the limits in both sequential and random read/write rates to blaze past the competition when every MB/s matters.
With incredible random 4k file writes up to 60,000 IOPS, this SSD takes productivity, gaming, and multimedia applications to the next level to work in perfect symmetry with the latest enthusiast platforms. This model of the 2.5-inch Vertex 3 (VTX3-25SAT3-60G) offers 60 GB of storage capacity and a 480 MB/s maximum write speed.
Built with the quality, reliability, and durability that lives up to the OCZ name, the Vertex 3 Series easily integrates into today's mobile and desktop platforms, and it features TRIM support to optimize performance over the drive's lifespan as the ultimate Windows 7 companion. It's backed by a 3-year limited warranty.
The OCZ Vertex 3 2.5-inch SSD with included adapter (view larger
Superior PC Experience
In addition to maximum performance, a Vertex 3 upgrade promotes cooler, quieter, and more energy efficient conditions compared to traditional mechanical hard drives. With no moving parts, SSDs provide peace of mind with their superior durability and reliability. Read more about SSDs below.
60 GB Vertex 3 SATA III
At a Glance
- Up to 535 MB/s maximum reads and 480 MB/s of maximum writes
- Up to 12,000 random 4K reads and 60,000 random 4K writes
- SandForce 2281 NAND controller
- Includes 3.5-inch desktop adapter bracket
- Compatible with Windows-, Mac- and Linux-based systems
- 3-year limited warranty
Which OCZ Vertex 3 SSD is Right for You?
| ||VTX3-25SAT3-60G ||VTX3-25SAT3-90G ||VTX3-25SAT3-120G ||VTX3-25SAT3-240G ||VTX3-25SAT3-480G |
|Capacity ||60 GB ||90 GB ||120 GB ||240 GB ||480 GB |
|Maximum Reads ||535 MB/s ||550 MB/s ||550 MB/s ||550 MB/s ||530 MB/s |
|Maximum Writes ||480 MB/s ||500 MB/s ||500 MB/s ||520 MB/s ||450 MB/s |
|Random 4k Read ||12,000 IOPS ||20,000 IOPS ||20,000 IOPS ||40,000 IOPS ||50,000 IOPS |
|Random 4k Write ||60,000 IOPS ||60,000 IOPS ||60,000 IOPS ||60,000 IOPS ||40,000 IOPS |
|Max Random 4k Write ||80,000 IOPS ||85,000 IOPS ||85,000 IOPS ||85,000 IOPS ||40,000 IOPS |
|NAND Components ||2Xnm Synchronous Multi-Level Cell (MLC) |
|Interface ||SATA III / 6 Gbps |
(backwards compatible with SATA II / 3 Gbps but optimized for SATA 6 Gbps)
|Form Factor ||2.5-inch |
|NAND Controller ||SandForce 2281 |
|Dimensions ||99.8 x 69.63 x 9.3mm |
|Weight ||77g |
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF): 2 million hours
- Data Path Protection: ECC corrects up to 55 random bits per 512 byte sector (BCH)
- Product Health Monitoring: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (SMART) Support
- Serial ATA (SATA): Fully compliant with Serial ATA International Organization (Serial ATA Revision 3.0) and ATA/ATAPI-8 Standard Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- Operating System: Windows XP 32-bit / 64-bit; Windows Vista 32-bit / 64-bit; Windows 7 32-bit / 64-bit; Linux; Mac OS X
- Native TRIM support (requires OS support)
- Shock resistant up to 1500G
- Low power consumption (3W active, 1.65W idle)
- Included 3.5-inch desktop adapter bracket
- Service & Support: 3-year warranty, toll-free tech support, 24 hour forum support
The SSD Advantage
Whether you're refreshing an older laptop or trying to maximize the potential of the latest platform, SSDs provide substantial benefits over traditional hard drives.
Solid State Drives feature a non-mechanical design of NAND flash mounted to circuit boards, shock resistant up to 1500g. Hard disk drives consist of various moving parts making them susceptible to shock and damage.
SSDs have 100 times greater throughput and instantaneous access times for quicker boot-ups, faster file transfers, and overall snappier performance than hard drives. HDDs can only access the data faster the closer it is from the read/ write heads, while all parts of the SSD can be accessed at once.
Less Power Consumption, Silent Operation, and Lightweight
SSDs use significantly less wattage at peak load than hard disk drives--less than 2W versus 6W for an HDD--delivering longer battery life in notebooks, less power strain on system, and a cooler computing environment. With no moving parts, SSDs run virtually silent in your notebook or PC case to eliminate distracting noises during gaming or entertainment. And SSDs won't weigh down your laptop, netbook, or tablet PC when you're on the go.
SSDs run much cooler than hard disk drives...
...and much quieter, too.