Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Movember Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on DOTD

Size: One SizeColor: Gray/ElectricChange

on July 15, 2015
OK maybe I'm just picky, but I'm reading all the reviews I read on this bag before I bought it and all I can think is the reviewers must not ever actually use this bag for more than a trip to the gym. I use my bag every single day for work. I travel quiet a bit and travel out of town every day. As a gym bag this is a great buy. The handles/shoulder straps are not really good as either. They are very thin with almost no padding to speak of. So if you have the bag packed heavy, the handles are thin enough that its uncomfortable to carry in the hand and as a backpack the shoulder straps dig in pretty sharply. Ten minutes into a walk with it as a backpack had both of my hands going numb.

So if you want a good gym bag, this is IT. It is well organized and seems to be of good build quality. But as a heavy duty back pack with carry handles it leaves a bit to be desired. Just be sure to set your expectations accordingly.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2014
Great bag, nothing else in the marketplace comes close to quality and good engineering. Holds an amazing amount of stuff without seeming bulky. Shoulder straps are great, but not so great for hand carrying. Still best bag I've ever bought.
on September 9, 2015
I purchased the Ogio 9.0 Duffel for use as a triathlon transition bag. I needed a bag to carry all of my race day gear as well as all my gear for travel by plane. For this purpose, it is wonderful! It fits everything I need and more in individual compartments and pockets. .

As a gym bag, I can't imagine using it. It's HUGE!

Big pluses of the bag...
1. It's HUGE! It fits everything you need on race day (except the bike).
2. The zippers are incredibly smooth! I have zero fear of opening-closing-opening-closing the compartments and overusing the zippers. They will hold!!
3. Pockets and compartments for days. You are more likely to forget things in this bag. Everything gets it's own little compartment.
4. Very sturdy construction yet able to be compacted for tighter spaces (overhead compartment on the plane!).

The only downsides to the bag are as follows...
1. The straps (for use as a backpack) are a bit thin. For extended use, more cushion would have been preferred, but I don't carry it for long at any one time.
2. The straps do not hide away. I use this bag as a carry on, but if I was asked to check it, I would be fearful of the straps getting caught and damaged.
3. The size is clearly over the limit for carry on dimensions. I haven't had a problem yet (2 flights in), but until it arrived, I was not aware of really how large it was. This is also a plus since for race day, it carries EVERYTHING you need.
on May 5, 2015
Awesome bag for raceday and keeping all your gear in one place to get to your items for every day training quickly! No more searching all over the place for stuff. Doubling as a back-pack and/or duffle bag has also been great for race day when you have to move locations/tents. However, I must say that you shouldn't expect to lug this bag all day though. The straps are a little flimsy on the padding but I don't think it was meant to be worn for long periods (so just a consideration). However, everything (and the kitchen sink) fits in there and is easy to sling on your back on the bike! I've even used it as a weekend bag for 2-day races and it had room for 3+ sets of clothes, 2 race kits, 2 helmets (another one can fit in the zippered compartment right behind the external helmet strap and vault box!), 2 pair of cleats, nutrition, toiletries and misc. tools! If you expand the wet/dirty clothes compartment, I'm sure you could fit another set of clothes or other items for another day or two! Did I say it was an awesome bag??!!
on August 18, 2014
Awesome bag. Fits everything I need for a multiple workout day. Straps do not have padding but not a complaint, just an FYI.
on November 12, 2013
The bag is a 5 star event! However, the back pack straps vs. the OGIO handles I was expecting were a let down.
on March 9, 2015
Great bag!!!! Very practical for not just tri use but all sports. I had purchased the 8.0 prior, but had to return it because it was a tad to small when I put my shoes into it, BUT I have size 15 feet so if your on the smaller side, you should be okay. However, if your also like me and taller then 6 feet. Putting the wetsuit into the 'wetsuit' compartment is a tad snug. It's okay for going to and from events, yet, you wouldn't want to leave it that tightly folded for an extended period of time. The only reason why I did not give it 5 stars is that the straps force you to use the bag as a backpack. Ogio should have made the straps with the capability to zip together as single strap. Regardless, great bag and I would highly suggest it to any of my friends.
on September 16, 2015
This is proving to be a solid bag, with lots of good storage. I train Jiu Jitsu and was looking for a water proof vented pocket to store my
Wet Gi following training and keep it separate from other clothes and materials I transport. Typically I have at minimum 1 Gi, a couple pair of shorts,
Towel, fresh underwear and several shirts along with Water, some food, shoes or slippers, tape, my iPad and a DSLR. and I have plenty of room to spare.
- only 2 fairly small disappointments, I wish the main compartment zippered on the opposite side.
- I wish there was a single handle at the top and the ability to hide or remove the shoulder straps
on July 23, 2015
I was looking for a bag that I could keep all my road bike and mountain bike gear in and this one works great. I had one bag for each before and would always forget to transfer something from one bag to the other before going out. This bag works great. I like the straps that allow me to carry as a backpack. Storage area for sunglasses is also a nice feature I really like. I don't use the compartment on the bottom but it would be great for triathlon athletes.
on April 28, 2014
Only complaint is that the bottle holders don't hold my bottle all that well but I could use a smaller bottle.