on September 24, 2009
Verified Purchase
I've had this bag for a couple months now, and use it several times a week at the gym. On the whole I think it's a very good bag that delivers what it promises. The positives:
--Slim enough to fit easily in the lockers at 3 different locations I go to, which have pretty standard-sized half-length lockers.
--The interior and most compartments are easily accessible when in the locker, which frees up space on the bench in front of the locker. For me that alone makes the bag worth it because now I don't have to jockey for space to sit or for my stuff when the locker room gets crowded.
--Interior volume is spacious--I can fit my workout shoes, hand towel, shower towel, shorts, shirt, socks, and underwear and still have room left.
--Shoe "compartment" works well; even large shoes easily fit due to the extra pop-out section in the back of the bag.
--The "door" has enough pouches to hold deodorant, shampoo & soap containers, and a couple other items.
--Construction is solid, yet surprisingly light, with lots of venting to help dry out sweaty clothes and keep down odors.

OK, but there are a few negatives, which IMHO could be solved with a few design tweaks:
--Because it is so lightweight the bag easily tips over. Not a problem when it's in the locker, but if you set it on the bench or floor you've got to be careful. This is especially true when the door swings open--it acts to pull the bag over, especially if it's weighted by bottles of shampoo, deodorant, etc.
--The door has a single zipper, which opens from top to bottom along the side of the door. To open the door you have to completely unzip it (over the top, down the side, and under the door). This is my biggest complaint about the bag--it is a hassle to run the zipper along the underside of the door if the bag is in your locker or on the floor. You have to lift up the bag to accomplish the final stretch under the door, which often causes the bag to tip over (see point above). If you set the bag slightly out of the locker to more easily unzip the door, then it tends to tip forward out of the locker as the door opens, due to the lightweight design, potentially spilling your stuff.
--The "wet" compartment at the back of the bag is nice, but my old duffel-style Oggio bag had two wet compartments; one I used for dirty clothes, and the other for my shower sandals. The wet compartment on this bag isn't large enough to fit my shower sandals, nor will they fit in the shoe area along with my workout shoes. So I put the shower sandals in the large "magazine" pouch on the side of the bag--which works well unless you want to actually use it for magazines, etc. Fortunately for me my Kindle fits perfectly in the compartment on the front of the door.
--Because the bag is taller than typical duffels it leaves less room to hang your street/work clothes in the locker, as they'll drape over the bag, especially if you want to hang both a shirt and slacks. (This is of course only an issue with typical half-length lockers. If your gym has full-length lockers you're golden).

The first two issues above could be solved by adding weights to the bottom of the bag (I may try this myself), and by adding a second zipper to the door, so you could leave just the underside unzipped if you prefer. If they made those changes this bag would be nearly perfect. As it is I still think the pros far outweigh the cons, and the bag delivers where it needs to: it keeps my stuff organized & accessible, and makes changing & cleaning up after a workout a bit easier and more efficient.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 8, 2007
This bag is simply amazing! I go to the gym 4 times per week and often go directly from work so I needed a bag that would hold everything I needed to workout and clean-up afterwards. The Ogio Locker Bag does it all: it's got a special compartment for my gym shoes and a shelf to separate them from my towel and workout gear. It fits perfectly in just about any gym's locker (I go to Bally's) and with its front-opening door, you can access everything you need while your bag is IN the locker! I love the fact that it comes with containers for my toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, soap) and also with a comb, brush, and mirror. To top it off, it's light-weight, sturdy, and even comes with a built-in vent so that your wet/sweaty clothes don't get too ripe! LOL! : ) I couldn't be happier with my purchase! GET THIS BAG!! You won't be disappointed!
on May 27, 2011
I have wanted an OGIO brand locker bag for a long time. They look really cool and I prefer the locker bag shape over a traditional gym bag since I workout at the YMCA and keep all my stuff in a locker.

I remember when these were about $100 and I'm glad to see the price has dropped considerably over the years. I've had mine for about 2 years.

Pros:
1. Looks - Its a great looking bag (I have the black/red design). I still have people at the gym who ask me about it.
2. Quality - Very good build quality. I usae mine 5 times a week and it still looks new and the zippers and fabric are holding up well. Not to mention its rigid enough it keeps its shape all the time empty or full - unlike cheaper knock-offs.
3. Locker Design - This is the main reason I wanted one of these. Tall narrow lockers are a pain and this design works well in a locker and makes it easier to get to my stuff.
4. Lots of Pockets - This thing has a place for everything. It has a front pocket for misc., a main compartment for your clothes, a rear pocket that is sealed for wet items and two side narrow pockets (I use them for my iPad, workout schedules, etc). Not to mention all the toiletry pockets for shampoo, deodorant, etc.
5. Shoe Divider - I love that there is a shelf keep my tennis shoes away from my clothes. You never know what you're stepping on and I don't want it on my clothes.

Cons:
1. Single Zipper - The three main compartments all have only one zipper each. To me this is a cheap design and really hurts the brand. There should be two zippers on each compartment, if for no other reason than to allow the owner to put a small suitcase lock on and secure your items inside from others. As it is now, you cannot lock any compartment.
2. Hanging in Locker - You can sit this bag on the floor of a locker, but that means you have to bend over to get anything in or out. I like to hang my bag up higher. To do this you have to use the shoulder strap. It works okay, but is not ideal and puts unnecessary wear on the strap. I'd suggest a sewn in s-hook or similar on the back or middle of the bag. This would let you hang it either from a coat hook or cross bar that are in most lockers.
3. Carabiners - I wish this product came with a way to more easily hang Carabiners from the bag. Often I have water bottles, wet sacks, etc. that come with a Carabiner for attachment.
4. Water Bottle Holder - There really is no dedicated elastic water bottle pocket and there really should be on either the front, back or sides.

Overall I really like this bag, but it lacks some obvious amenities to be a 5-star quality bag worth $50+ dollars.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 2, 2007
This bag is very well designed - it is perfect for the gym locker, with handy compartments and the ventilated top. However, my huge running shoes barely fit in the shoe area (women's size 12.5, men's size 10.5)

The only other negative is the frame of my bag warped when left in my hot car all day. I decided to go ahead and replace it for the winter because it is that great a bag, but need to come up with a solution for next summer.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 1, 2011
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
Had one of these for 10 years and loved it-no probs. Bought a new one 4 months ago- ...2 breakages so far. First, the connecting clasps for the strap (metal) broke and it was unusable...Ogio responded immediately to the email and replaced it with no problems and no questions. But..now after 4 months the grommet connecting the frame to the exterior popped out- all on its own- no pressure..not used heavily. Both times the metal connectors just broke. After several back and forth with customer service, they say we'll replace it, you pay to ship it back and get it here in 2 weeks or the authorization expires..Guess Ill Fedex it for $50 to get a $50 replacement bag!...Really not very customer oriented..This isnt the Old Ogio- the quality is definitely not like it was and the service policy is poor compared to some of the best in the industry. Maybe theyre cutting corners on quality? The bag is really nicely designed but...if you are looking for something to last, this right now probably isnt it.Gave it a 2 only because the design is really great and will be worthwhile if they improve their quality issues.

The grommets inside the bag have quickly rusted and stain clothes, The plastic covering of the inside shelf split open and is now duct taped together...Ogio...take a good look at your quality control processes and suppliers...this isnt the old high quality ogio.
on December 7, 2011
Verified Purchase
I have been using this very convenient locker bag for a few weeks now and as someone who belongs to a busy gym, with a busy locker room I have put this bag through its paces. I had seriously considered purchasing a Glo Bag because it is made in America and over concern that my size 12 shoes might not fit in the OGIO bag. However, the style of the Glo Bag when considered with the price ($99), prompted me to buy the red accented OGIO Locker Bag. I am glad I did. I really love this bag because it fits so easily into a locker and with people standing on either side of you it is so easy to get your clothes and items in and out of this bag. It takes a lot of stress out of having to find enough room to change in a crowded locker room since you only need the spot in front of your own locker. When placed inside a typical half-size locker, there is plenty of room to spare above it to hang your coat or other items. My size 12 shoes/sneaks fit easily inside, unlike the comments from some other reviewers. The rear of the bag at the bottom has an extension permitting my shoes to fit in nicely. This extension is visible in the photo. Perhaps this was a change to the bag in response to complaints by the big foots out there. I have used several different water bottles which easily fit in the top rear mounted pocket, lined with plastic to prevent absorption of bottle sweat into the bag. I can fit my Droid, glass case and wallet in the front mounted zipper pocket. The bag is sturdy, strong and although "hard" shelled, is not heavy. It comes with a nice and wide removable shoulder strap, which is the preferable way to carry it to keep your hands free. Although there is a side pocket advertised for tennis racquets, my paddle (platform) tennis racquet is a snug fit. I am not sure how a bigger full court traditional racquet would fit. Certainly one would prefer not to have the racquet head sticking up and out of the bag, which would be awkward. I wish I had found this bag a long time ago. It looks great too.
on April 18, 2012
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
This is the second Locker Bag that I've bought at a good savings on Amazon. Overall these bags are very good to great. I've had 4 in the last 20 years. They're extremely convenient and well organized, and minimize my time getting ready to work out or getting ready to leave the gym/fitness facility. However, over time they have developed several weak points that are worthy of note. The handle, the inside "shelf," and the main front flap zipper are weak points and require extra care and/or attention. These are best reinforced and/or modified when the bag is new to preclude their premature failure. Wrap a handle cover or reinforcing tape around the handle as the handle has a tendency to fray and/or split. The vinyl covered cardboard inside shelf should be taped (Gorilla tape) at the front edge to preclude the vinyl splitting at the front edge seam, and care should be taken to prevent overloading and bending, creasing, or breaking the cardboard. Finally, never force the front door flap zipper or it will quickly break. The zipper is fairly resilient, but taking a moment to align the flap and zipper will insure long use. Other than these things the bag is good if not great, and these few "quirks" do not and should not overshadow the bags terrific utility, efficiency, and convenience.
on January 9, 2007
Color Name: Chiaro
I actually purchased this locker gym bag for my husband for a Xmas present. We had looked at several stores in our area and no one carried them, so I ordered this one. The colors are great - very bright and vibrant, and the size is great for doing what it says - fitting into a gym locker. Matter of fact, another guy at the gym commented to my husband that he was looking for a bag like that and asked where he got it.
on October 3, 2007
Verified Purchase
This bag is made for gym lockers. I only wish it were taller to accomodate more things! It is all the product description is and more. I only wish I had bought another color than black - everyone who has one looks like mine.
on February 10, 2009
Verified Purchase
I am satisfied with this product. It is sturdy. It fits nicely in a locker. I just wish it were slightly large (taller). But over all, it holds my towel, swimsuit, diving shoes, toiletries and a waterproof compartment for a swimsuit... plus extras, so I use it every day! Just remember, if you want a really big gym bag--one of those huge suckers, like a duffel type bag or giant sports bag, this ain't it. But it's great for conveniently sliding into a small locker.

See 1 answered question