Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on December 6, 2012
I was enticed to buy this product for the price; so I tried to have reasonable expectations when it arrived. I bought to mount my Samsung 55 inch flat screen to the wall. It's a newer and much lighter model(about a inch and a half think); so I was comfortable in trying this mount out.

Like other reviewers have said; the installation instructions are lacking. It's as if someone decided it would be fun to only communicate with poorly draw pictures and vague one liners. I didn't bother watching the video; fearing more of the same.

I've installed these things before and was confident winging it. If you are a beginner, I would recommend going with a different mount simply for better directions; this set is darn confusing.

The quality of this item is decent; the center mount plate comes in two pieces that fit together with 4 small screws (this might turn some folks off). The hardware is solid and once this mount is together, it holds very firm.

My major complaint is the design of the tilting function; the arms are held in place by a couple of hex nuts which are loosened and tightened using a dinky allan wrench. (you can imagine how fun this is to adjust once the tv is on the wall). I was able to get the right level of "tightness" in the hex nuts to allow for slow, constricted movement; but I doubt this will hold for long due to the design.

The same issue can be found with the fail safe locking screws that hold the tv to the bottom of the mount. These little suckers are even more difficult to get to than the hex nuts once installed!! In fact, without a super long Philips screwdriver, I can't get to them. Glad I don't have to worry about earthquakes in GA!

Thankfully, I mounted my tv about 2 feet higher than eye level to the center of the screen - this allows me to simply leave the mount in full tilt position for the optimal viewing angle.

Do I recommend this item? Yes - with exceptions. This item is best for people with experience and on a budget.

Honestly, to save some headaches, I would tell most folks to spend about 10 bucks more on a better mount that's easier to install and is better designed.
11 comment11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2012
This wall mount was very easy to install. It only took about 20 minutes and seems super sturdy. I ended up buying a few of them for different rooms. The price was great and the product seems great. I would definitely recommend.
on November 30, 2012
I bought the Ollo TH64037-3 because it is inexpensive, and thus I expected it to be less rugged than more expensive mounts. It is adequately constructed and now supports my Samsung LED 46" TV on the wall--more or less
I did not expect it to be so difficult (impossible in some respects discussed below) to install. The package included a flyer that suggested I watch a video about installing it. I visited the web site only to find a message that the video was not available. No problem, I can read. Unfortunately, there's not much to read on the single page instructions. Even the pictures were drawn incorrectly and, as is common, told me what was already obvious and ignored the hard parts.

Do not buy this mount unless you are an experienced mechanic! Fortunately, I've been a mechanic all my life.

The first real problem came when I began to screw the rails to the back of my Samsung UN46ES6003. The threaded sockets are recessed into the back, so spacers are required to go between the TV and the mounting rail. Samsung had provided the correct spacers. The mount kit includes two lengths of screws; the long ones are too long, and the short ones are too short. The kit also includes dinky little spacers, but the screws won't fit with those either.
I happen to have a metal-cutting band saw, a bench grinder, and a triangular file. With all those tools I was able to shorten the long screws and mount the rails on the TV.
No problem positioning the wall bracket and marking holes to drill, but the lag screws provided with the kit are 2-1/2" long. If I had used them, I would risk damaging a wire or pipe in the wall. Instead, I used some shorter lag screws I had.
Now to hang the TV. Our viewing room had lights that are often on while someone watches the TV. If the TV is not tilted down, one or more lamps reflect a glare from the screen. No problem: the TH64037-3 tilts. Well, yeah, it does in theory. If you hang the TV before setting the tilt, you cannot reach the screws that have to be loosened and tightened during tilting. If you tilt the TV anywhere near the maximum tilt before you hang it, the rails on the TV will not hook over the wall bracket. I left it with the rails hooked over the top of the wall bracket but susceptible to being knocked off because there's a large table below it, and no one can walk near the TV to bump it off.
Even if I had been able to get the TV rails onto the wall bracket, securing it would require one to have a very long (blade of 10" or more), flexible #2 Phillips-head screwdriver to reach in and tighten the securing screws.
The materials are sufficient; the sheet metal is neatly bent, the screws are all there and adequately sized. Why, oh why, couldn't the manufacturer have cared just a little about how it could ever be installed correctly and--here's a radical thought--easily?
on December 17, 2012
Some of the reviews almost made me back out. I have a Toshiba 46in - 46XV545U - LCD TV, its about 61.9lbs and it is completely sturdy when mounted. The plate that you hang on the wall comes in 3 pieces but once put together and hung on the wall it is more than capable of holding 100+ lbs. Took about 20 mins to set up. Longest part of the job was drilling the holes.
on June 4, 2012
I normally dont write reviews on products i buy, however i had to for this product. When i started searching for a mounting bracket i was overwhelmed with the choices and the variance in price. This bracket is all you need, easy to install, and didnt cost me 200 dollars like one retail chain wanted. I highly recommend this Ollo mount.
on February 24, 2013
PRODUCT WORKED WELL AND WAS STURDY FOR THE COST BUT FORGET THE ZINC BOLTS INCLUDED. PLAN ON SPENDING ANOTHER $10 ON BOLTS FROM HOME DEPOT SO YOU AVOID FRUSTRATION. WORKED GREAT EXCEPT THE BREAKING BOLTS. OH ALSO ADJUST TILT BEFORE LIFTING THE TV UP AS ONCE ITS ON THE WALL YOU CAN'T REACH THE ADJUSTMENTS.
on November 3, 2013
Such a simple wall mount to put up! ive purchased a different wall mount for a different room. i tihnk it was a cheetah. It wasent that strong and was a real PAIN to put up. This one was easy and has been very very stable. VERY SATISFIED BUYER!!! BUY THIS MOUNT!
on January 18, 2015
for the life of me, I can't figure out what the "patented" tilt mechanism is here. From what i can tell, and from reading the other reviews, it tilts by adjusting nuts and screws (4 PER SIDE) before mounting the tv. The hell?

I've mounted many tvs before so I knew what i was doing. But these instructions are a joke. For example, it tells you to use different drill bit sizes depending on whether you are installing on drywall or concrete. For drywall, it says to use a "2 [and then a weird symbol]" and for concrete, use a "4 [and the same weird symbol]."

There are no instructions on how to use the tilt mechanism. The instructions use a mix of words and pictures, but mostly awful pictures and non-descriptive words (such as "ok" and an arrow to the picture).

Save yourself the headache and do not buy this. I mistakenly thought the patented tilt mechanism would be something good, not freaking awful.

EDIT: So I figured out the tilt mechanism. It isn't bad. But it's locked in place and you may need to pry it out with a screwdriver the first time to get it to tilt (which is what I had to do). When I mounted the TV to the mount, one of the drawstrings (used to lock the TV to the mount) fell off. So getting the TV off was a pain (I had put it up for a test fit first). Even though the tilt is pretty good, I'm leaving my review at 2 stars because of the awful instructions, and the drawstring that fell off. Don't worry about the people who said that it's "flimsy" - they clearly have no idea how physics works. The strength of your install comes from the mounting points to your wall (i.e. the screws into your stud or concrete/brick). The "flimsy" mount isn't doing the heavy lifting.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2012
I have owned this mount for about two months. We have a 55 inch tv and the mount holds it without any problem. The mount is sturdy and easy to install and a great price!
on August 21, 2013
Just what I expected..its great fits on the wall comfortably was very easy to assemble. all the parts was there..it was what we expected.