on October 9, 2013
I am a case "nut" when it comes to my gadgets. I usually have to try several before I am pleased. I just received my latest version Paperwhite from Amazon. I was a little skeptical because of the price of this case, but thought I would give it a try. IT IS PERFECT!! The main selling point is that it is very thin and light, and adds little weight to your kindle. I got the purple which is not as bluish purple or dark as the picture, but it is still very nice. My husband bought a black one for his, also very good. It is not real leather, so if that is what you are looking for, this may not be for you. We both like ours because it has a slightly rough textured finished which does not show scratches like other kindle leather covers I have owned in the past. And, yes the auto on/off works perfectly. Very pleased on the first try!!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 26, 2013
I ordered this case with a lot of concerns. I wanted something light to make one handed reading comfortable. I wanted it to be thing so that it wouldn't bulk up my device in my hand/pocket. I also wanted something that would protect the screen if my paperwhite was stored in a pocket or a bag.

I probably changed the cases in my cart twenty times before taking a deep breath and submitting my order for this case. I kept wondering if a sleeve would be better to keep the device light for one handed reading and worried that the case would bulk it up and make it no better to hold than my android tablet (uncomfortable to grip and too heavy for reading).

All of that aside, this case exceeds all of my greatest hopes for a case. It fit PERFECTLY on my paperwhite and once I snapped it in it wasn't going anywhere. The case is incredibly light and honestly I can't tell much difference between the weight of the kindle with and without the case. This case also happens to be extremely thin. To grip it is an easy grip and thus far (2 days in) has no scratches or finger print issues whatsoever. I believe this case is the best deal out there, I shopped around a lot and this one was a tremendous bargain. Forty bucks for the official kindle case made by amazon is crazy! This case has the magnet for auto shutoff when closed just like the amazon one for a fraction the price.

I have had no issues with this scratching my kindle as another reviewer noted and the delivery by Dealbarn was quick and nicely packaged. They were friendly and sent a thank you email offering to assist with any issues and I have none thus far.

Pros:
-Very light, harldy noticeable
-doesn't look cheap at all, but a very good deal
-nice and thin
-simple and elegant design
-auto off when closed works great

Cons:
-nothing so far

In closeing this case is worth every dollar and you will be suprised by the qualtiy you get for such a good deal.

Edit: a year in and I have been thrilled with this case. I bought it for a Christmas present and have recommended it to many friend who have been pleased with it as well. And it saved my precious paperwhite's life! I have dropped it on concrete twice and the case protected it from breaking, I know this case is NOT designed for this sort of impact, but it protected it nonetheless.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 10, 2014
When I first purchased this case, I thought it was great and was going to post a 5 star review, but I decided to keep using it for a few days to see if I noticed any areas that it could improve on. Overall, I would definitely recommend the case if you like the official $40 amazon one, but think that buying a $40 case for a $120 device doesn't make sense (which is why I bought this one.) I've listed pros and cons below and compared it to the official cover which I've tried in person where relevant.

Pros
- Relatively light - I think this cover is a fraction lighter than the official leather one, but not much. You definitely notice that it's heavier than the kindle itself if you've been reading without a cover, but it's still fine for one handed reading.
- Cheap - As I said, I wanted to buy the regular case, but the $13 definitely makes it worth it. (If you don't care about the money though, buy the official amazon one.)
- Seems pretty secure in the case. I haven't ever thought it was going to fall out of the case
- Microfiber-esque interior of the cover. I don't know if it's real, but it seems safe for the screen and I haven't seen any smudges/marks from it.
- Thin - As there isn't anything that wraps around and covers the front of the kindle, this is about as thin a cover as you can get, probably about the same as the official cover.

Cons
- Occasionally, the auto sleep/wake function doesn't work. I experimented with this a bit and I am pretty sure it is because the magnet is relatively small in the cover and doesn't always reach the Kindle's sensor. I've only had this problem if you don't close the case with the spine of the cover pressing up against case. As long as it's fully closed with the flip cover pulled the farthest to the right it will go; you shouldn't have any issues.
- Likely wouldn't give a ton of protection in a fall. Most cases I've had that offer good fall protection have a silicon/rubber component to them that absorbs and distributes the impact. This case seems to be a hard plastic that would more likely crack than distribute the fall around the Kindle.
- Good fit, but not great. If you move it a certain way or use your thumb to press the sleep button on the bottom, you'll feel the Kindle shift up a slight amount in the case. Nothing major and could just be my case, but worth mentioning.

Neutral
- The official cover's has a nice rubber gasket around the edge which I think makes it look a little cleaner, but this one is fine, especially for the price.
- Other reviews say it's hard to remove or that it may scratch your Kindle. I haven't tried to remove it, but I can definitely see both of those statements being true as it's a hard plastic case. I don't think the official one would scratch anything given the rubber seal it has, but I've heard it's hard to take off as well.
- "Leather" is cheap, probably PU, and still had a little smell to it after a week, but I knew that going in. You can only smell it if you actually sniff the case in my experience after the first day.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 27, 2013
The Omoton Kindle Paperwhite case is basically an affordable version of the official Amazon case constructed out of cheaper materials that are lighter and still provide adequate protection. Having owned both the official case and this one, I prefer the Omoton. It is much lighter, which is very important for a lightweight reading experience (if you purchase a heavy case you erase one of the main benefits of an e-reader like the Paper white), and the fit/styling is nearly identical.

If you like the look of the official case but think it is too heavy or too expensive and want something similar, I say go with the Omoton.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 23, 2014
I like this case a lot. Although not clear from the official product photos, the case has a front and back and the Kindle perfectly snaps into the back. It's very secure and even though it's thin it feels very sturdy and seems to protect my Kindle well.

It is comfortable to read and the front is not at all obstructed. Neither are any of the buttons. The front does fold back perfectly resulting in a profile that is only slightly wider than the Kindle alone.

Note that the case is plastic with some fiber inside the cover. I don't know why they say leather. It's not at all leather. If you must have leather, don't buy this case.
review image review image review image review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 27, 2014
The outside of this case is made of a hard textured plastic. It is not anything that resembles synthetic leather and can definitely not be considered soft.

However, the case would be good if you want a minimalist case for your Kindle Paperwhite. The Kindle snaps securely into the back of the case and the cover turns on/off the Kindle. The inside of the case is soft with a microfiber cloth texture. It has a very thin profile when open and folded back, which would be good for small hands.

I ended up returning the Omoton case and instead buying the MoKo Synthetic Leather case for Kindle Paperwhite (http://www.amazon.com/MoKo-All-New-Paperwhite-versions-Display/dp/B0062IPIPQ/), which is much softer and feels more like leather. It is thicker and easier to grasp when open and has a magnet to hold the cover of the case folded back, which the Omoton case does not have.
2222 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 28, 2013
I really like this cover. It is sturdy enough to protect, and very thin. Fits easily in my purse. The PaperWhite snaps very tightly into the back. No worry about it slipping out. I would give it 5 stars if there was a magnet in the back to hold the front cover closed across the back when it is open to read.
on January 3, 2014
Very thin and paperwrite fits tightly. Take up very little space in my bag so easy to take everywhere. Excellent deal for price.only issue I have is not very comfortable in my hand while holding to read.UPDATE since uncomfortable to hold for me I purchased a different case and found very difficult to remove kindle from this case. Scratch my paperwrite after the removal struggle with case . It holds it very tight ,would not of dropped out for sure, but I don't recommend it if you plan on ever wanting to change case.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 11, 2015
I ordered the roocase (too thick/padded leather for my taste), finitie (thin like omoton and liked colors but cover fit slightly crooked, cover folds back easily, but not as easily as the omoton) the navy blue omoton and the mint green. The navy is darker than pictured, closer to black and the mint green is softer than pictured. These cases are slim, fit perfect, and fold back easily enough to do one handed. I highly recommend! Photo of mint green on Manila mailer and white print paper for reference. (Please excuse typos, on my phone!)
review image
on November 26, 2014
Fits my paperwhite perfectly. Not too tight...just perfect! The auto on/off works perfectly. Slim nice looking and protective. Nice texture makes this reasonably priced case look higher end I ordered purple and it looks like the same shade of purple that the picture depicts. Will definitely order this brand again!
review image