Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on March 9, 2013
Initial Impressions: The rubber feels and smells like good quality rubber -- not like the cheap stuff you'd find on a cheap-o set of combat boots from the surplus store (that leave marks on anything they touch!). Just the right amount of stiff-ness and yield to be comfortably flexible. Use will indicate how well they shed mud/dirt - but I'll try to come back and update this to reflect it. There was nothing in the overall impression to make me feel as though I had over-paid.

The sole appear to be a slightly different composition -- tougher than the material above for greater durability. Dividing line is right above the heel-lug. Feels like a good solid bond between the two, if they are indeed different materials.

Fit: I wear a size 12 shoe, and got the size 12 --- and the fit was *right on*. Not too big, not too small. There would be room for wearing larger socks, if need be, or putting in Dr. Scholl's footpads if neccessary - although there is already a pad in place in the boot that is pretty good already (appears to be held in place by adhesive?). Snug for working in, but easy hands-free removal with the heel lugs when you need it.

Durability: I just got them, so I'll give them a few weeks/months, and come back to this review (hopefully!). My initial impression is that $23 was a steal for this quality of boot, and steel-toe! I wouldn't be surprised if it is years before I'd need another pair.

I'd recommend them for anyone who is going to be working out in the garden, or in wet conditions.

They were initially out of my size, but I'd say it's worth the wait. Good old USA-made boots that will last you for years!

*** - June 2013: The boots have continued to make me glad I purchased them. They have held up well, they continue to be comfortable, and the fit is perfect. They stand up on their own (they don't flop over), making it easy to get in them -- and they have taken abuse in the garden, plus heavy use of jumping on shovels to dig into the Texas clay. I'm very happy with the purchase -- months into my use, I would happily recommend them to others.
on July 27, 2014
I work in the oil field and bought these to save my expensive boots. They are comfortable if you put a good set of insoles in. I wear these for 12+ hours a day and have to issues. They grip well on the slick surfaces and keep my get dry. They aren't heavy at all and come just below the knee. The size is true and they are U.S.A. made. Can't beat them for the price. I will buy another pair IF these ever wear out. Highly recommend.
on June 21, 2014
I bought them for my husband...These are his first Steel Toe rubber boots...He loves them and wears them when cutting the grass and doing outside work, because he is diabetic. he complaints they are heavy and run large but still wears them almost every day when he's outside, hence my 3 star rating..I wouldn't know with what to compare them to.
on February 2, 2013
These boots are very comfortable and still made in the USA ! They were shipped very fast the price was the lowest I have seen. If you need rubber steel toe boots you will like these . I wear them on concrete floors ad they do well.
on August 27, 2014
These are nice steel toed rubber boots with good traction soles for mud. They seem to be of good quality, but have not been put to the test yet.

They do run a little large in sizing in my opinion. I am actually a 12.5 and can rarely find footwear in this size, so I am usually forced to buy 13's. It feels to me like a 13 in this boot may actually be closer to a 13.5.

The standard width is D and that feels accurate in this case.

The material is substantial and heavy and the safety toe adds weight, so do not expect them to feel like light basketball shoes on your feet.

They have a thin comfort lining but no insulation, so you'll need something additional for winter. Some good insoles are also recommended if you are going to be wearing them for several hours at a time.

I have not yet run them through the muck, but if I come up with additional relevant data, I'll update this review at that time.
on January 3, 2014
Exactly what I needed, and even better than I expected. Tough durable PVC, solid steel toes and high on the leg. The price point of fifteen and change is/was outstanding.

I am confident the steel toe in this boot will give me good protection from my tiller blades and chain saw, while keeping mud and dirt out. However, be warned, the boots are heavy, so you will get a workout when wearing through mud, and, or, just wearing for long periods.

I wear long heavy work socks with them, so ordered my normal shoe size. If you will wear a regular thickness sock, my recommendation is order a half size smaller.
on March 22, 2016
I bought these for yard/garden work. It took a bit to figure out what my size (woman) was in men's shoe sizing, but after 2 tries, I got it. I thought the steel toe may be too heavy for my intent but it is not. I've had several pairs of wellie type rainboots but as cute as they are, they split the seam down the back if I use them for "work" and you can feel every pebble through the sole. I'm very happy with these boats. I would say to Onguard, to sell them in women's sizes and maybe a few colors.
on November 27, 2013
These boots are incredible, and for the price the best for what I was looking for. They are very durable shoes, and are water tight. The cam fast and were packaged greatly. I've been using them daily, and also have great traction. I look forward everyday to wearing these boats, for their durability, but also their comfort on your foot. I would recommend these boot to everyone, and I look forward to many more great years of use with these.
on October 7, 2015
I love these Steel Toe Rain Boots they come up to almost my knees and I have had these for over 2 years now and they still look as good as they did when I first bought them. Amazing product and the price as even better!
on October 15, 2014
Locally I could not find a pair of rubber knee boot for less than $60. I couldn't believe that I wasn't able to find a simple pair of these anywhere. All the stores wanted me to by expensive "muck" boots, insulated work boots, etc. You can't beat these in terms of value. The steel toe was a bonus for me as I didn't require it but after jamming my foot into some rocks I'm glad I have it. I would not recommend ordering a size up as some folks have said. I consider myself a size 11 to 11.5 and the 12's were too big even with bulky socks and pants stuffed in them. These were so inexpensive I just gave them to my dad and ordered a size 11 which fit great with everything stuffed in there. I highly recommend these!