This product is simple to install, simple to use and offers tremendous functionality to my use of both the iPod and the home theater system. Having most of my music on the iPod means that my family can now take full advantage of the iPod's playlists and hierarchichal database (you can find what you want -- and quickly!).

I'm absolutely thrilled with this...
Published on September 3, 2005 by G. Fishman

2.0 out of 5 stars Exactly WHY do you need this??
This retails at around $99. If you use a remote and you can't view the song tracks on the screen, so you would have to get up and walk across the room to look anyway!

Published on January 27, 2007 by Bryan Grant

5.0 out of 5 stars Onkyo RI Dock for iPod is a "must have" for home entertainment, September 3, 2005
This review is from: ONKYO Remote Interactive (RI) Dock for iPod (Electronics)

I'm absolutely thrilled with this purchase and believe that it is a must have for any iPod user's home entertainment system.

4.0 out of 5 stars Onkyo Ipod Cradle W/ Remote, December 15, 2005
This review is from: ONKYO Remote Interactive (RI) Dock for iPod (Electronics)
Onkyo product performs as predicted.

Make sure you have an Onkyo RI compatible receiver (look for the RI connection in the back). The RI connection (only available on Onkyo receivers) allows the IPOD to be controlled by your Onkyo remote. If you run into problems with you remote not working, make sure you download the latest software update for your IPOD!

You may notice a slight sound improvement using audio cables over the headphone spliter some of you may have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable!, February 10, 2006
This review is from: ONKYO Remote Interactive (RI) Dock for iPod (Electronics)
What a pleasure it is to listen to music for a long period of time and not have to worry about changing CDs. I set it in the dock, turn on my receiver and press play from my remote. The Nano is easily controlled from the Onkyo remote. Works well on my old Onkyo TX-DS575X receiver and my new Onkyo TX-SR803.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, January 31, 2006
This review is from: ONKYO Remote Interactive (RI) Dock for iPod (Electronics)
This is fantastic. Installed into an Onkyo HTS780 Home Theater system in a few seconds. Supports the video (5G) iPod and outputs great sound and picture to our system. I'd recommend it any day.

--mco

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful product, July 30, 2006
This review is from: ONKYO Remote Interactive (RI) Dock for iPod (Electronics)
I was hesitant to buy this product as my experience with IPOD accessories in the past hadn't been good. I tried several FM transmitters and none of them worked right. I bought Onkyo receiver a few months ago and heard about Onkyo RI dock for IPOD but I thought it might yet another product trying to cash in on IPOD's popularity. This one is different. I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of sound.It's a great product. Ability to use receiver's remote to control the IPOD is really cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!, January 11, 2007
This review is from: ONKYO Remote Interactive (RI) Dock for iPod (Electronics)
I love this Dock. I am not super techno savvy and this was plug and play. It works great and now I can play all my music through my entire house. It is also small and not at all offensive to leave sitting out all the time. Buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars DS-1 works good, January 4, 2007
This review is from: ONKYO Remote Interactive (RI) Dock for iPod (Electronics)
The dock works well with my ipod and works seamlessly with the onkyo receiver and its remote control.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, January 3, 2007
J. Margheim (DeBary, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ONKYO Remote Interactive (RI) Dock for iPod (Electronics)
This is a great accessory for my ipod and Onkyo receiver. The RI remote works great and it sounds awesome. I'm using the 5G video ipod, and the S-video connection displays the video and photos on my TV. I wish it was able to display menu navigation on the TV as the ipod screen is hard to see from across the room. Also, it is tricky figuring out which remote buttons perform which function, but once that is learned it is a great item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Item, August 13, 2006
This review is from: ONKYO Remote Interactive (RI) Dock for iPod (Electronics)
This is perfect for adding Ipod music to your home stereo system. It was easy to hook up with the included instructions. It sounds great.

2.0 out of 5 stars Exactly WHY do you need this??, January 27, 2007
Bryan Grant "bmgatl" (Atlanta GA USA/Earth/Sol/Cygus/Milky Way) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ONKYO Remote Interactive (RI) Dock for iPod (Electronics)

The VIDEO iPOD (80gb) supports direct RCA connections thru the headphone jack for VIDEO and AUDIO. You do need to use the Apple cable for $20. Generic 3 way RCA to 8mm cables don't insert deep enough into the iPOD to get the video connection. Using Handbrake on Mac, I can then take my DVD's with me on the road with the master copies safe and sound at home. It is like a TiVo in my pocket.

Also, using the Onkyo, you give up your s-Video port. Most TV's only have one. Also, they could have simply used the component video lead (yellow RCA) direct to the AMP, and reduced the complicated wiring.

Ah well.