Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: O'Neill UV Sun Protection Men's Basic Skins Tee Rashguard, Royal, Large
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 12, 2012
Like most have said, definitely order up one size. I wear a 46 jacket and a normal XL t-shirt fits me nicely. I do not wear "athletic fit" clothing. I wear middle-aged man clothing. (i.e., spare tire fit.) I bought an XXL in this shirt. The shirt is not baggy, but is comfortable and will definitly cover up my farmers tan and keep me from bursting into flames at the beach or on the river. If you really want baggy, go up two sizes. I would have given the shirt four stars, but I realized that the snug fit in the middle was caused by Milwaukee, St. Louis or Golden Colorado (take your pick,) not O'Neill.
88 comments| 167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2011
Good high quality swim shirt. I ordered an XL which fits more like a size L slightly loose fitting shirt and long enough for a tall 6'2".
on November 11, 2012
The quality of this rash tee is above average. It looks good so long as you are fine with the giant O'Neil logo (which you should be since it's clearly shown in the photos). One downside is that this is labeled as a "tee" yet fits much more tightly than other rash tees. I got one of these, along with a Speedo and a Kanu, all in size large. All are rash tees. The Speedo and Kanu had a very similar fit -- slightly loose and comfortable, as you would expect for a tee shirt. The O'Neil fit more like a tight undershirt. This is something to be aware of, depending on what kind of fit you're seeking. If you want an "athletic" fit that is much like and undershirt, get your size. If you want it a little more casual and loose, order one size up. Or go for one of the other brands.
on April 12, 2012
As pointed out by other reviews, you probably want to order one size larger than what your normally wear in a t-shirt. I don't want a shirt to cling skin tight to my beer gut, so I appreciate finally finding a swim-shirt that will save me from sunburn and fits slightly looser.
This looks as presented, fits as expected, and looks and feels just like I thought it should. Purchased 3XL (NOT 5XL; won't let me change that in the review; I'm only 6'1" 305lbs ATM; 5XL is for much larger guys) and it fit/covers me perfectly. Couldn't ask for a better-looking Rash Tee for a big guy with a big chest/belly. It DOES have the loop inside the shirt to help keep it from riding up/floating in the water, contrary to what one reviewer said (they might want to look inside at the bottom front, left side; IT IS THERE), and it IS made of 93% polyester/7% elastane (like spandex). Looks and feels great. Haven't used it for surfing yet, but looks & feels great in & out of water. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
VINE VOICEon June 24, 2013
I've had this rash guard for over a year and with no special care It's held up fairly well although it's gotten a little stretched out and there's some yellowing around the collar. I wouldn't buy a white rash guard (of any brand) again because of yellowing. This rash guard is fine as a beach shirt or for casual swimming but it's not for doing laps because of it's loose fit. It fits like a t-shirt and it will drag you down. Also, loose rash guards look pretty silly when paired with a tight swimsuit. So if you want a rash guard for casual use then this is a great option but if you're going to do laps I recommend the Quicksilver All Time rash guard because it's form fitting.
on June 12, 2013
I ordered correct size and it fit as it should, tight but not constricting. My only complaint is that it is hand wash only. Hate spending all day at beach or pool and then have to hand wash.
on July 17, 2012
I am 5'9 and 195lbs, ended up getting an XL and it is very comfortable. Probably could've got a L , but it may have been a tad snug. The color and quality of the shirt are great. It feels good in the water. A must have for me, as I get sick of caking on the sunblock to protect from the Florida sun.
on August 22, 2015
These O'Neill tops are the best but can be difficult to size. I think one of the reasons reviews here vary on sizing advice is that several different O'Neill styles have been grouped together.

The solid black, white, royal blue, and graphite tees are style 3402-093 with 89% polyester and 11% elastane. As a guy with a 34" waist and 40" chest, the large royal blue was a good fit: comfortable on land, a little snug so as to hold shape in the water, but not so tight as to define every pore.

The Burgundy solid and Heathered Comp Stripe are not style 3402 but rather 4326SD-Z05 and 4326SD-B-Q76 respectively with 93% polyester and 7% elastane. They are part of O'Neill's Graphic tee line, are a little less huggy, and have a woven, synthetic feeling, quick dry texture rather than the 3402's smooth spandex one. I wear a medium in this style's burgundy and I wouldn't call it snug..

I've not ordered any composite color tees so I am not sure about them.
on September 2, 2014
This shirt saved my life.

I've been bullied by the sun most of my life. It follows me around, waiting for opportunities to exploit my weaknesses. I can't think of one day that's gone by in all my years that the sun hasn't been there, even if it was hiding behind the clouds, waiting for the right moment. It really burns me how he thinks he can get away with it all.

Then I got this shirt.

Take that, sun. I've gone on a caribbean cruise, played in the sweltering midwest US heat, and ran with teenagers at summer camp....all while laughing at the suns' lame attempts at pushing me around. I will not be bullied any longer. I will go outside and play with people who enjoy summer weather. I will not cower any longer.