5.0 out of 5 stars Best picture hanger system i have ever seen
the brand is OOKS , and i never heard of them before i went to Lowell's needing a lot of different picture hangers. i am so glad i found this.

Published on April 3, 2008 by Cherlin

2.0 out of 5 stars How can 12 hooks hang 17 frames?
Like these style hangers but assumed that the kit comes with 17 hooks, not 12. Unless you use the extra pins alone, I have no idea how 17 frames are hung... Also, hung a picture (maybe 25 - 30lbs) with a 50lb hook and the pin failed (sheared). Picture can crashing to the floor, glass all over the place, and gouged up our chair rail and base boards.
Published 21 months ago by S. Cochran

5.0 out of 5 stars Best picture hanger system i have ever seen, April 3, 2008
Cherlin "Artist" (Bristol, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OOK 50918 Professional Picture Hanging Value Pieces Kit, hangs up to 17 frames (Tools & Home Improvement)

This is a great system, all the items are fantastic quality and the nails are so sharp that you just press them in with your thumb to get them to stay then hammer the rest of the way. Each hanger is labeled for the total pounds it can hold. These hangers also come in quantities of 35 each for the 10 and 20 lb hangers. They also have a "shield" hanger that will protect the wall and holds itself in place for easier hanging. i wont ever use another brand, this one beats them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best picture hangers ever., April 20, 2011
I live in a building that was built in 1911. Our walls are plaster and lathe...and regular nail hangers pull out...or worse...damage the walls. These OOK hangers are fabulous for older walls...and work just as well in my bathroom which has modern drywall.

I have a 40lb mirror hanging up in my bedroom...that has now been up for year number four. If you get the appropriate size hanger for the weight of what you're hanging...trust me...you'll NEVER have to worry about a crash in the middle of the night.

I have occasionally had to use pliers to remove the nail/pins from the wall when removing the hangers...but otherwise...they're as easy to remove as they are to install. The hooks are large...and there's no danger of twisting or mashing them with the hanger like other nail-type hangers. And they lay really flat to the wall.

By the multi-pack. You'll want to go back and replace your existing picture hangers with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save Your Walls!, July 26, 2007
Can't believe I didn't find these sooner. We moved from our own home with walls and walls of pictures, and this pack was indispensible coming to an apartment. Neat and very sturdy. Makes correcting positioning easy and (nearly) spotless.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nail sizes, etc., November 4, 2012
I see that several people have posted that the nails that come with this product sometimes don't fit in to all the hangers. I thought the same thing, and tried multiple nails with multiple hangers to no avail. But then I tried one that DID work and discovered that the "small" size nails actually come in two very slightly different sizes, only one of which works in the smallest sizes of hangers (5-lb and 10-lb hooks). So don't despair -- keep looking for the right match!

However, I did find that the 5-lb hangers are not particularly well designed, because the nail head sticks out further from the wall than the hook part, which makes it very difficult (if not impossible, depending on what kind of hanging device your picture has) to actually hand a picture on the hook part. I had no problem with the larger hooks in the set.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Picture Hangers Ever, October 3, 2012
These really are the best picture hangers ever.

But the clamshell packaging of this kit is a great pain. I understand that they need to identify which hooks hold how many pounds, but once you cut open the plastic clamshell, all the hooks and nails roll out. This means you have to find another storage container for the pieces, and also hold on to the clamshell descriptive sheet so you can figure out what hook you need.

There's got to be a better way to package this. How about putting the pieces in a box, folding up the schematic paper of hook sizes, and then putting that into the same box. That'd be less of a hassle than this clamshell business, and it's what you end up having to create for yourself once you open the clamshell.

5.0 out of 5 stars They are strong enough!, March 23, 2011
I was so skeptical and hesitant to purchase these at Home Depot. I have a very large framed mirror that I would guess weighs 30'ish pounds and two large framed prints that weigh about 15lbs that I thought I would need to screw and anchor into the drywall.
This hanging system comes in weight measurements, like up to 50lbs or up to 100lbs. I bought the up to 25lbs set and was so surprised at how easy they were to install and when I pulled down on the hook, they felt really secure. So far nothing has come crashing down and there are just two to three nail holes in the wall instead of large holes from screws.

2.0 out of 5 stars How can 12 hooks hang 17 frames?, December 28, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, February 25, 2014
I got this kit from HD and these hanging kits work great especially if you have a variety of sizes that you need to hang. But if you have a large number of items you should probably purchase individual sizes are you tend to get more hangers for your money individually.

The OOK pro hangers are very easy to install in the wall, easy to remove, leave small holes and hold just about anything. With this kit I hung anything from small plaques and pictures to large paintings and I have never had one failure. Although I did find that I needed to get more hangers as the kit only went so far before I ran out.

My only issue with the Pro hangers is that the nail head sticks out a bit especially for smaller items and sometimes makes it difficult to hang smaller pictures depending on how the frame is made. For around 8 bucks this is a good deal but you may find like me that you need to buy set of individual OOK hangers and end up getting more for your money that way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice for hanging pics and heavy items, June 3, 2011
I bought a really large mirror that needed something sturdy to hold it to the wall. These hangers work perfect and they are sooooo easy to install that I can do it. I don't need my husband help for these. They are super soft to the dry wall also. They cling easily and looks like the drywall is talking it well. Just a pin size hole and it can hold heavy items. The best part is that, the hooks come in various sizes and weight limits, so depending on what you are hanging, you can choose the size. Excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars OOK 50918 Professional Picture Hanging Value Pieces Kit, February 3, 2013
OOK 50918 Professional Picture Hanging Value Pieces Kit:

Hanging pictures on your walls shouldn't create damage to the walls. I have many pieces of art that needed to be rearranged on the walls when I was remodeling and I wanted to find out what museums and art dealers were using for all of their art hangings. After a few stops and some consultations a type of fastener was emerging as a far and away favorite. I was looking for better hanging hardware for pictures that I had matted and framed. I bought these along with others from the same manufacturer. The ones here hold different weight limits up to 100 pounds, which is a pretty heavy picture. I used two of these hooks and spaced them apart a few inches to distribute the weight and to keep the pictures from moving. After a while, with children stomping around the house, your hanging artwork can move a bit, but with using two hooks they seem to stay where you want them.

The hooks are of a better quality and the nails have a grooved head, making it easier to move the hook when necessary. I've used these hooks to hang most anything matted and framed, large wall clocks, weather gauges, mirrors, and even wall mounted shelving. They hold fast and tight and can be easily removed if the need arises.

Some of the product features are:

* Nails when removed will leave small pin holes in wall
* Museum quality picture hangers.
* Nails are re-usable
* Holds 5-100 pounds

OOK Professional Picture Hangers are museum quality. Nails are re-usable and will not damage walls. With different sized hooks can hold from 5 up to 100 pounds. Enough to hang up 15 frames, if you use one per hanging. I bought several packages for current and future use. I'm always changing the pictures on the walls giving each room a special theme. I rotate my pictures around the house as it gives me the impression of a museum, plus I get some of the pictures out of storage and up on the walls. The nails are strong and there is little damage to the plaster or drywall walls when you remove the hooks. I've had no problems using these hooks, they hold well and the items being hung stay in place.

I am very happy with the purchase of the OOK Professional Picture Hangers and I would recommend these and buy more when need. There are a variety of sized hooks to choose from in a larger set and individually packaged sets. The hooks for larger and heavier hangings would have more than one nail holding the hook to the wall.

It is best to distribute the weight when hanging a picture and not concentrate it in a single location. This puts less stress on the wall and also distributes the weight across multiple points on the braided wire holding the picture. This makes for a more stable hanging and less movement from vibrations. After the success of the re-hangings, I proceeded to re-hang other pictures, art work, mirrors and wall clocks and they are now more stable than they were before.

Rate and Discover Movies