Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Change

on August 29, 2007
This is a great strap. I find the padding to be very, very comfortable and far better the strap that came with my Canon DSLR. Another viewer mentioned it was too short, but I actually had to adjust it quite a bit to make it shorter (I'm 5'5"), so I don't think anyone under 6" would have any problems with it. Realize too that this is part of the Op/Tech system, which means that you can unhook the connectors which grasp the camera, and replace with other Op/Tech connectors (such as the Super Pro A). Why would you want to do this? Well if you use a Canon and certain film cameras (such as Hasselblad or Bronica), the cameras have different hardware for connecting with straps. For example, the connector on this strap will not connect with a Hasselblad or Bronica (but they will connect with most other cameras, including Canon so don't worry). So instead of having different straps that fit different cameras, you can just buy the connectors and click them on and interchange on this one strap.
on July 21, 2008
I'll just add a few comments since most of the others have given the good points. First, I'm 6'2" and have no problem with the length - the camera could hang down to my waist. The only reason it could be too short is if you put the strap over your head to hang it from your shoulder. But the strap has such good cling that just hanging it off your shoulder is quite safe and much more comfortable.

I also like that the big strap is detachable. But more importantly I like that the male and female ends on the clips will mate on the camera attachments straps. Other brands miss this trick. This make a small carry handle which is useful and doesn't get in the way when I work on a tripod or if I'm just going to keep the camera in the bag. You can then keep the big strap out of your camera bag when you're not going to use it.
on February 19, 2007
I bought this for my Canon G6, which is almost the size and weight of a full-fledged SLR. This is a great strap. It is well made, the design of the loops allows use on cameras with small eyelets, the strap easily falls away from the camera body while shooting so it's not in your way, and the strap itself distributes the weight over a large area so your shooting fatigue-free for hours. Highly recommended. Wish I bought it about 10 years ago!
on August 1, 2008
My boyfriend bought me this OP/TECH strap last Christmas for my second camera body, and I immediately fell in love with it. My other camera's strap attached via small metal rings (like a key ring), and over time, the rings had worn scrapes into the paint on my Nikon D200, which upset me a bit. Additionally, the other strap had no means of securing the flappy bits once I had the strap length set where I wanted it - they were always getting in the way. When I upgraded my main body to a D300, I bought another OP/TECH strap, because it solves both problems. It attaches to the camera body by means of a small fabric loop, which is sturdy, but will not scratch the camera over time. Also, there are no loose strap ends to flop around - everything is stitched together, and very neat and tidy - it doesn't get in my way. And the strap has quick-release buckles so that you can remove the bulky part of the strap if you're shooting on a tripod. All in all, a perfect camera strap.
on August 23, 2008
I have a number of straps and really prefer this proloop attachment and the strap for my heaviest cameras. I also like the loop attachment because there is no metal which could touch the camera's LCD when the strap and camera are in a bag.
on May 31, 2013
The strap seems to be well made, easily attaches to camera, and the price was right because i didn't have to buy the separate straps with this model. However, I up graded this strap from the one that came with my camera for three reasons.
1. To easily disconnect the strap when I am using the camera on a tripod. You do remove the thick padded part but 14" of tthe strap still remain on each side of the camera getting in the way.These two pieces do snap together for a handle to hold the camera by.Removed, the pad does not easily compact and is another thing to take up space in my camera bag aswell as keep track of in the field. I found it on the ground already and almost left it behind.
2. For padding the camera weight on my neck. The thick pad is a bit wide, stiff, and i notice how it digs in to my neck in a different way then the orignial non padded strap. I'm a women and the width might be better for a man's neck. It is still new and may brake in to a custumize shape to fit my neck.
3. The wine color didn't seem to match what I was on the page. I thought it would be more blueish purple than redish purple. The hue is a little muted but does add a little color to my gear.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 13, 2016
Wide shoulder strap good for heavy cameras. If your camera is not so heavy, be sure to consider the Op Tech Classic, which I prefer for most all of my gear.

The difference between the OP/TECH Super Classic Strap Pro Loop, and the OP/TECH USA 1001062 Super Classic Strap-Uni Loop for cameras and binoculars is very straightforward once you buy both, as I did: the Pro loop has two connectors right at the sides of the neoprene shoulder (or neck, depending on what you call it) pad, and the Uni Loop does not. This is presumably so a Pro can use the former strap to remove the neo shoulder strap to use with other OP/Tech accessories.

The threading loops that go into the camera/binocular strap metal arches, and the clips near those threading loops, and the adjustable side black nylon straps, and even the neoprene shoulder pad, are identical in these two models.

So, one must decide if they want to pay five dollars more (price may vary with time) for the two uppermost plastic buckles--the ones at each of of the neoprene shoulder pad--or if they will never use them or need them. I'm in the latter group.

Note: the Super Pro Loop Strap model features everything the same as the Pro Loop, but has a wider neoprene shoulder pad that is cut in a slight arc, or curve, to go around the neck profile. Also, the Super Pro Loop Strap model comes in colors for the neoprene (but, as any camera maven knows, only black will not show dirt). For me, it's unnecessary to have such a wide pad, even when I am carrying, say, my 4 pound 4 ounce 15x56mm binoculars; I prefer the thinner and non-curved shoulder pad of the Classic versions. Your preferences may vary. I found these straps very confusing, even when watching thye Op Tech official videos, until I bought one of each for myself. Hope you can buy the one that would serve you best. :-)
on February 11, 2013
I like this strap and use one for each of my cameras.
However there are a few things you may want to know before deciding to purchase it:

(+) It is very comfortable: wide and soft and slightly elastic which makes a big difference when carrying a heavy camera + grip + lens + flash.

(+) It features an array of anti-slip rubber balls in the center, which I find not just efficient but even comfortable

(~) Its shape is not symmetrical, being curved to match the neck. This means it is much less comfortable to hang my cameras around my neck upside down as I used to do so that the long lenses hang against my body instead of protruding. I considered attaching another female uni-loop to the battery grip to connect the strap between the top right and bottom right anchors but then the camera grips are not easily accessible.

(-) It IS quite short. I am 6' and it is just a little tight for me wearing it around my neck. This would be a no-no if I had not replaced the attachment straps.

(-) If you use the provided attachment straps, as soon as you disconnect the neck strap itself the camera has these two long straps dangling on either side. Some people like that you can attach one to the other and it provides sort of a handle. I for one find these long straps silly, especially since I like using the OP/TECH USA SLR Wrist Strap (Black). More on that below.

(-) It has a very prominent OP/TECH USA logo in white on black. It might not bother you but I usually avoid doing advertizement unless I am paid for it - I even have tape over the brand and model of my cameras so as not to attract undesired attention.

As mentioned above, I replaced the straps that attach to the camera.
I procured a pair of OP/TECH USA System Connector Uni Adaptor Loop - Regular which provide me with the following benefits:
* Slightly longer - still I can pass both a shoulder and my neck through when carrying a small camera, and it is long enough to comfortably hang my main body around my neck (with long lens and flash as needed).
* Can be disconnected very close to the camera body for transportation - no need to have the strap in the Pelican case, it is already full.
* The wrist strap already mentioned attaches to the same uni-loop on the right of the camera
* I attached the removed male attachment straps to the D rings of my camera harness (Opteka MCH-25 Multi Camera Carrier Harness Holster System for DSLR Cameras) to use as safety straps, attached to the left side of the camera.

So here it is: each camera has two very short, unobtrusive connectors one on each side, which can be used to connect the neck strap this is all about or a wrist strap or the safety line when using a harness.

This neck strap + uni-loops is also compatible with a shoulder strap extension (OP/TECH USA System Connector Sling Strap Adaptor) however I can't get myself to entrust the weight of but the lightest of my cameras to its plastic sliders.
on April 1, 2015
Stitching on the side connector straps is substandard. The pair this writer received were poorly stitched with uneven lengths of thread sticking out from the join. This writer contacted the company and was told "this is normal." Well, no it is not, just look at the publicity photographs. Do you see any uneven stitching and loose twine? This writers concern was that the join would not hold and a $500.00 camera would hit the ground. If this company had any business sense they would have sent out a perfect replacement set and assured this writer that quality was their number one concern. Instead they chose to argue that they were right and this writer was wrong.

So here a little free business advice for OP/TECH: If you have a good experience with a company you tell your neighbor, if you have a bad experience with a company you tell your neighborhood.
review image
on March 25, 2007
It's too short. If they would add about a foot, foot and a half adjustability to it (make it longer), it would be great. Had to retire it after one hiking trip because I couldn't sling my camera in the most comfortable position for me.