5.0 out of 5 stars Great wrist strap
I was getting sick of using the fabric straps because they are so thin and only end up fraying like crazy. This neoprene strap has been fantastic on my Nex-5n and really feels secure. The ability to adjust the strap via a slider was also a must have and works very well. I hope it has the longevity that I think it will.
Published on November 9, 2011 by S. Anderson

2.0 out of 5 stars Very weak connection
The neoprene piece connection into the plastic joint cracked at the first tug test I did with my hands to see if it would securely bare the weight of my NEX-5N. It did not give away completely, but I am certainly not confident that this would hold the camera if it slipped out of my hand.

Although the loop and connection is of a good quality. but I would rate it...
Published on May 11, 2012 by Wael Hassan

2.0 out of 5 stars Very weak connection, May 11, 2012

Although the loop and connection is of a good quality. but I would rate it to it's weakest point.

Really disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wrist strap, November 9, 2011
S. Anderson (Salt Lake City) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, comfortable, stays put., June 18, 2011
I have an M43 camera that I prefer to use a wrist strap on rather than a neck strap. I had used an old strap that came with a P&S, but it didn't seem sturdy enough, and then a similar strap to that from Olympus. Both of those tended to slip off my wrist and I did not feel secure with them. This strap, on the other hand, is light, sturdy, stays put on your wrist, and reduces worry about camera loss.

I have not tried the quick disconnect, and actually probably won't use it much if at all, so I have no opinion on how well that works. The quick connector is small and inobtrusive, though, which is a plus for me, since I won't be snapping the strap off too often if at all.

Overall, this is vastly superior to the other two regular type straps I had previously. I would definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional for mu43 size and smaller cameras, March 23, 2011
Have used this strap for a few years on small consumer grade (Nikon 5700) digital camera. Recent switch to mu43 format. One issue with the Panasonic GF-1 is the small size of the lugs. String type attachment of the Op/Tech strap is no problem. Initially ordered the Loop Strap and Wrist Strap. Allows the option for neck or wrist held camera. Op/Tech has redesigned the mini quick release. Loop Strap & old wrist strap quick connects are incompatible. Two bodies. So the 2nd wrist strap was ordered.

4 Stars, not 5. Find the new redesigned quick connect is a bit more difficult to release than the old. Have small hands with relatively thin fingers, but wearing even a very light liner type of glove I cannot release whichever strap is attached. Less bulky quick release, but at the cost of function. Sliding sleeve allows for loose or firmer grip on your wrist. Slides easy enough to cinch down using the finger of strapped hand yet stays in position. Strap is comfortable enough that you don't notice it. Overall a good value. Functional, durable & relatively inexpensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does The Deed Well!, February 8, 2012
After trying several leather and nylon wrist straps on my Olympus E-P3, I was ready to pack it in and geek out with a neck strap. I tried leather CamAdapter and Olympus straps: they looked classy and were strong, but were stiff and awkward to use. The Olympus point & shoot nylon wrist strap worked great but was too light duty for a micro 4/3 camera. Finally I tried the Op/Tech: this neoprene beauty is soft, flexible, comfy and strong. Plus it's easy to quickly slide my hand through and has a plastic slide to tighten the strap for increased security. I wish it used a standard 1/2 inch nylon strap to connect to the strap lug on my E-P3, but the thin nylon "loop" connector seems strong enough. The quick release is redundant for a simple loop connector as it's already easy to remove. Lose the quick release and add a standard 1/2 strap/buckle connector and this product would be a perfect 5.

1.0 out of 5 stars Neoprene fabric is too weak, February 20, 2013
Chris (Bay Area, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Ordered this among several other similar straps, to pick the best one. This was my least favorite.

The biggest problem was the connector between the neoprene fabric and the rest of the strap. I gave it a bit of a stress test by giving it a sharp yank and it came apart - the stud that went through the neoprene ripped out of the fabric. This probably wouldn't happen if you were being careful, but I could see the strap ripping if you get the camera caught on something accidentally... or if someone tries to rip it away from you. I've never seen that happen with any other straps, including the cheap nylon ones that come with most cameras.

Moreover - this may be personal preference, but I found that the strap was too long. If I let the camera hang, it would dangle a few inches below my fingers - making it difficult to reach without using my other hand, and making it more likely that it would banged or caught on something.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great when it's not completely broken, July 2, 2012
Daniel Hoherd (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I just picked up my 2nd one of these when I picked up another camera.

The clip is plastic and I originally thought it wouldn't be trustworthy, but after a year of using my old one it has never given me a problem.

The only thing I can think of that would be a design improvement for this is if it had a swivel at the clip to keep it from getting wound up during use. That's honestly the only complaint I have, and I'm the kind of person who can complain about anything.

As this was my 2nd purchase and the first one is still in use, obviously I would recommend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Partner for my G15, May 4, 2013
I recently purchased a Canon G15 P & S as a backup for my DSLR and for casual shooting when my DSLR is just too much. I didn't care to use the enclosed neck strap, so began looking for a good hand strap. I found the Op/Tech strap and, having used their binocular strap, decided it was probably a good match for the G15. It is indeed. Attaches in 30 seconds and the soft foam is comfortable on my hand. It feels secure and I don't worry about it separating unexpectedly. I went with black, but for those who want a bit of color, you've got some options. HIghly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact camera strap, December 31, 2011
I use this strap on my Fujifilm X10 camera. It is well made and sturdy with a handy quick strap release. I feel secure using the strap while motorcycle touring.

2.0 out of 5 stars be careful, March 17, 2014
Robert Gates (Jamesville, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I bought the Cam Strap QD from Amazon a few years ago. I used it on my Canon S90. When I recently got a Fuji X-E2, I transferred it to that camera, which turns out to be a mistake. The cord that goes through the eyelet broke and my camera tumbled to the floor. Luckily it was carpeted and the camera didn’t sustain any damage. The Fuji X-E2 with kit lens weighs 1.5 lbs., and this strap is rated for 2.5 lbs., so the weight shouldn’t have been an issue. In fact, it looks like the cord frayed and snapped, so perhaps the inside of the camera lug is not as smooth as it should be. In any case, I just wanted to warn people to watch for fraying and perhaps only use it for a light point and shoot.

OP/TECH USA Cam Strap - QD (Navy)
$9.95 $8.95