5.0 out of 5 stars Great item at a great price
I wanted a camera strap that didn't say "THIS GUY IS CARRYING AN EXPENSIVE CANON CAMERA" like the original, and this does the job well, for a very reasonable price.

The first impression was "oh, I got myself a sponge" but the thick neoprene like material is sturdier than it seems; comfortable too.
Published on November 20, 2008 by SEN

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Pad on the strap, but it is too short
Published on December 8, 2010 by Mr. V

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Pad on the strap, but it is too short, December 8, 2010
The strap I received does not match the picture at all. It has a great soft grippy pad, that I like, but it is way too short. Overall it is only 31in. (Compared to 51in on a standard Nikon strap) After you fasten it properly to your camera, it leaves you with maybe 25in. Which is barely enough to put your head through. If you are wearing a jacket, you can forget about wearing it over your shoulder, unless you want it to rub on your underarms. That sucks, because I like that pad a lot.I just stopped using that strap and went to a different brand until I can come up with some way to extend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item at a great price, November 20, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars super comfy on the neck, November 11, 2008
Beth "Mom of Three" (USAF wife... all over the world!) - See all my reviews
I have a new pricey Canon digital camera and can't believe the terribly uncomfortable large strap that came with it... itchy and bulky. So I searched for a good, comfy strap... and took a chance on this one. So glad I did-- it's made all the difference! The strap does exactly what it should- holds the camera securely and with a gel type cushioning that makes carrying my camera NO BIG DEAL! Thank you! And great price!

2.0 out of 5 stars An OK cheap strap depending on your usage habits, September 7, 2011
J. Wilcox (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This is written with regard to using the product with a DSLR camera:

I found this to be a nice cushy strap for wearing on my neck. I liked the lack of logos and the simple design without any quick-release features that I don't really have a need for. The smooth polyester material does not cover the edges of the strap though. It seems like after a while that fabric could start to peel away since it's just glued on the two wide sides of the strap, rather than wrapped all the way around. It also would make it a bit more comfortable to not have that edge of bare rubbery foam.

However, I tend to wear my camera with the strap going diagonally across by back, like a messenger bag. For this purpose the strap was frustrating to use because the leather(ette?) pieces that join the neoprene to the nylon straps would constantly catch on my clothing/bags when I pulled the camera up and down in use. If the neoprene part of the strap were longer, or if the leathery parts were stitched down better, this wouldn't be a problem.

As such, I prefer my stock Nikon strap and am looking elsewhere for a canvas strap to try.

But, if you just tend to hang your camera (or Binoculars) straight down from your neck, this might be a good, cheap, cushy strap for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good strap at the right price, April 20, 2009
Soujourner Truth (Minneapolis, Minnesota) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my video camera just before my vacation. It is comfortable and sturdy. It does not give irritation on the back of ones neck like other straps I own. Shipped quickly at the normal shipping rate. I'm thinking about getting one for my digital camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this strap!, May 9, 2009
Bought this strap for my Fujifilm after reading some review. It's really a good strap, distributes the weight evenly, and doesn't strain my neck. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Wanted, August 9, 2008
M Pav "M Pav" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I have chronic issues with my neck and wanted a strap to ease the weight of a Nikon D80. This one did the trick. The padding provides comfort and takes the strain from my neck. I think I'll be getting another for my binoculars, as I've been using it for them when I'm not using the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For A Small Camera, March 2, 2011
I got this strap for a new Panasonic G2 4/3 camera, and it's exactly what I needed. The strap that comes with the camera is thin, stiff, and scratchy, but the OP/TECH is soft and has give in it. This is a narrow strap, but it's just what I wanted for a small, lighter weight camera. I tried a Crumpler Industry Disgrace strap, but it was overkill for such a small camera. I am also a big fan of neoprene camera straps. I've been using a neoprene Pro Master strap on my Canon camera for years, but I couldn't find the same strap this time, so I tried OP/TECH.

When I first saw the strap, I thought that the neoprene part wouldn't provide enough coverage to use comfortably on my shoulder, but after I tried it, the strap worked just fine.

I don't know how heavy a camera or pair of binoculars would work on this strap, but if you want an inexpensive, simple, no frills, practical strap, you might want to try this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, inexpensive non-QR strap that can bleed onto light colored clothing, September 28, 2011
I've been looking for something to use instead of the dreadful Nikon strap, and I'm terrified of quick-release camera straps (I've read the reviews, I know they're durable, but I just can't trust my camera and telephoto to some flimsy looking plastic thingies...), so after much research I decided to give the OP/TECH strap a try.

First of all, the neoprene part of the strap is pretty small. I'm pretty thin, so that isn't a problem, but for wider, male necks it might be somewhat uncomfortable because the sewn-on tougher outer parts might start digging into your skin. Not a problem with lighter cameras/binoculars, but if you have heavy equipment it could be an issue.
Also, the first time I tried out the strap on a hot sunny day at an outdoor festival I was unpleasantly surprised to find that the strap had bled onto my light-colored t-shirt. It came off in the wash, but now I know that if it's hot outside, I'm not going to be carrying my camera on my neck/shoulder as much.

On the bright side, it's a great strap! It's incredibly comfortable, well-made, and easy to put on. I've used it with my 80-200 monster Nikkor lens (pair that with a camera and that's quite a lot of weight to have hanging on your neck) and the difference from the Nikon strap was indescribable. It does bounce a bit when walking, but I find that actually comfortable - as though the impact of the weight is being absorbed by the neoprene.

All in all, for under $10 it's a steal. After this one is done, I'm going to look into the more expensive OP/TECH straps (hopefully by then they will have more non-QR options), just to see if there is a difference. But it looks like this one will last me quite a while, and I'm perfectly happy with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars True Comfort, March 27, 2009
This is the most comfortable neck strap I have ever had for a camera. Even when using a heavy lens the strap pads against irritation and chafing. WELL worth the money.

OP/TECH USA E-Z Comfort Strap - Navy