5.0 out of 5 stars Op Tech System for carrying cameras
Rating: Five Stars
Published on July 5, 2009 by T. Southworth

2.0 out of 5 stars thin and twists
While I like the quality and the connection system, the entire line I found to be too thin of strapps as they always spin and leave a bit of "flimsiness" in your mind. I know they wont sap, but they just dont feel substantial. What is odd is that I chose these over the one I had which had a very wide strap, but it made vertical shooting anoying with the strap...
Published 12 months ago by Afterhourshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Op Tech System for carrying cameras, July 5, 2009
This review is from: OP/TECH USA System Connector Uni Adaptor Loop - Regular (Camera)
Rating: Five Stars
I have had an Op Tech camera strap for some time. It's a good strap, well padded with enough elasticity to make it easier to carry a good sized DSLR around for several hours at a time. But when I graduated to a Nikon D300, (from a D80) the extra weight started to hurt my neck. With the addition of the two straps, System Connector #9, and the op tech camera harness which redistributes the weight to my shoulders and back, I can carry the camera for long periods of time, with little or no fatigue. Plus, it prevents the camera from swinging around and potentially hitting things. It also allows me to have both hands free when not using the camera. All in all, an elegant and inexpensive solution. And the parts can be used in different combinations to suit the user, so it truly is a "system" rather than just a collection of parts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, October 18, 2009
I bought these to connect to the rings on my Kata DR-467 backpack so that I could clip my Op/Tech Pro Camera Strapped D90 to the shoulder straps instead of carrying it around my neck.

To do that you disconnect the strap from the loop connector and attach the loop connector to the D-rings on the pack taking care to make sure you match the connector (male/female) with the connection on your camera.

When not wearing the pack I use the OP/Tech Pro camera strap and with these I just un-clip the neck piece and clip the camera to the shoulder strap D-rings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought, but I love this system, August 14, 2011
Not exactly what I had hoped for. It seemed to be an extension I could use to make the camera hang a little further away from the sling (another part of this system) but even at it's shortest setting this was way to long for that. This is better suited as an extension to the sling itself or any other of the accessories. I can't fault this part of the system for not being what I wanted, it's all quality stuff. OP/Tech really has done a great job with this stuff though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy for Heavier DSLRs, June 25, 2011
PAG (Fort Collins CO) - See all my reviews
I do not like to sling my heavy cameras (Nikon D300, D90) around my neck and carry them that way all the time. Many times I want to carry them in my hand and not deal with all the material in the longer neck strap. These connectors allow me to have it both ways, according to the shooting situation. Then, the material does not interfere with shooting. If I want to reconnect them to the neck strap, it is simple and efficient. If you want to tripod the camera, who needs a long heavy neck strap to be in the way?

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Right.., March 22, 2011
I have been on a search for the "right" camera strap for over a year now. It seems that most straps want to place the camera a just below chest height. That's fine if the purpose is to have the camera ready for quick shots. But when I am on vacation I carry my camera (a Canon DLSR) around with me all the time and that position is just too uncomfortable for me. I want it to be more comfortable than accessible. Getting the OP/TEC strap and these extensions allows the camera to be slung around my hip and on the side. It is mostly out of the way but there when I need it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought I would Use, February 20, 2011
son of a Marine "bud" (Chula Vista, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I thought I would use this product, but turns out that I only use the shoulder harness that I ordered with it. You really don't need this strap if you have the shoulder or wrist harness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extra Security, March 22, 2013
I use these as both a hand strap alone and I also loop them through my Black Rapid strap as a fail safe, just in case the connector ever loosened itself from the tripod threads. Works great, plus, I can still connect it to my old Op/Tech shoulder strap if necessary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 5, 2014
Martin Dizon (Queen Anne, Seattle) - See all my reviews
Great as a Sternum strap for my heavy Backpack

5.0 out of 5 stars Improves the OP/TECH Sling system, June 11, 2014
While I like my OP/TECH Sling, the included connector straps are simply too short. When I hold the camera to my face, the straps conflict with the viewfinder. Shooting in portrait mode is simply impossible. These extensions solve both problems. The only downside is the camera hangs lower and is subject to more swinging as I walk. The swing can be reduced by adjusting the straps to their minimum length--about 8". Overall, I'm very happy with the OP/Tech sling system--quality built in the USA!

5.0 out of 5 stars camera strap extender, May 20, 2014
Applied the strap to my Optec neck strap. Made it much to use the camera with the extra length the strap provided

OP/TECH USA System Connector Uni Adaptor Loop - Regular