4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, but be advised...
First of all, I disagree with the reviewer who panned these because the flap closes inward. That is exactly as it should be to prevent it from snagging and being opened unintentionally. Access is very easy and any slowdown due to this configuration would have to be measured in milliseconds.

I replaced the strap that came with my Nikon D5100 with a heftier one...
Published on July 18, 2012 by BoKu

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Made
Published on October 9, 2012 by Kevin B

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, but be advised..., July 18, 2012
BoKu (Western MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OP/TECH USA Media Holsters (Camera)

I replaced the strap that came with my Nikon D5100 with a heftier one that is 1.5 inches wide. These pouches fit fine, but it did take some effort to maneuver the buckle through it. The D5100 remote came with its own chintzy sleeve, so I'm using one of these for SD cards and the other for the remote. I decided to also order the battery version of this pouch OP/TECH USA 4701202 Battery Holster - Black to keep a spare in. The D5100 battery measures 2" x 1.5" x 0.5" and fits comfortably, though snugly in these media pouches, so I wouldn't get them for anything larger. Since the battery version of this pouch sells for the same price, but only as a single pack, I assumed that it's probably somewhat larger, so I ordered it. Not so. The "media" and "battery" versions are 100% identical, except that the latter is renamed and sells for twice the price.

So if you need anything larger than the media pouches, forget the battery version and look elsewhere. I recommend these, but don't be duped into buying the others at double the price. 5-stars minus one for deceptively marketing the other option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, April 13, 2010
This review is from: OP/TECH USA Media Holsters (Camera)
It took just the right search terms to find these things- I couldn't imagine nobody had created this, but it took me a while to find them. They are exactly what I wanted- neoprene and small. One holds my backup SD card- I always worry that I will leave my SD card in the computer and run out the door without one, so have been wanting this to keep one permanently in there. I can get the SD card in its case AND my 46mm lens cap in one, and I can get the backup battery for my PEN digital camera in the other. I sort of disagree with the gentleman who thinks the opening should face out- the flap is easy to reach and will keep something from accidentally pulling up the flap and you losing something. So I personally think the flap facing in is a good thing.

The worst thing about these is that you have to unthread and rethread the camera strap. Arrrggghh- that is always difficult for me. But you def want them on there that way so they don't fall off.

I no longer have to worry about taking my bag or leaving the two most essential backup items for my camera.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Made, October 9, 2012
This review is from: OP/TECH USA Media Holsters (Camera)
I ordered this product knowing it would be handy and in truth its a great idea. I also ordered the matching batterey holder too. Both arrived both are sold by same company. But the batterey holder is made in the USA and the card holder is made in China. The quality control in China is sadly lacking. The straps where the velcro are adheared too are too short thus keeping you from getting a secure fit and in addition the quality of the velcro must be less as well because they dont stick well. Returning as junk. In fact the batterey holder is only slightly larger then a card holder so why have both it will easily work as a card holder too. Make them all in the USA if you can. If you can do one you can do both here.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, faulty execution, July 14, 2009
ubat (Sao Paulo, Brazil) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OP/TECH USA Media Holsters (Camera)
The Op/Tech media pouch could have been a great product, but something isn't quite right with it.

The materials are fine and so is the build quality: one side is neoprene, the other velcro, and everything holds up nicely. The velcro face has both the loop (through which the camera strap is threaded) and the flap to the little compartment that holds the spare media card or battery.

Herein lies the pouch's flaw: the loop and the flap should be on opposite sides, not on the same one. Its current construction makes it difficult to quickly open the flap and grab the card or battery because the camera strap gets in the way every single time. Furthermore, there's a whole lot of velcro there, which makes everything stick.

The result: this simple task turns into a two-handed operation, sometimes demanding that the camera be put down. This sort of defeats the media pouch's purpose, doesn't it?

One final detail: the pouch is awfully tight for the Olympus BLM-1 battery (for the E-5xx and E-30).

I love the concept, but the final product leaves something to be desired. Or designed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing wrong with the design. Update!, June 25, 2012
This review is from: OP/TECH USA Media Holsters (Camera)
I was concerned that these would not work due to the negative reviews. This is not the case. The strap/belt loop is stitched in so you have to thread your strap through it, which will prevent it from releasing from the strap. There are also complaints that the flap closes towards the strap. I personally like this, since there is less chance that you will snag the flap on something. And for me personally, it is easier to open and pull the contents out if it is facing towards you.

Update: I have put these on two of my cameras - one being the G15 (great compact camera btw), which I normally take with me everywhere on a quick disconnecting neck lanyard. These media holsters are small, durable and most important - lightweight, which is important if you are wearing a camera around your neck all day. I am going to order two more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smallest gear pouches I've ever seen, May 17, 2012
This review is from: OP/TECH USA Media Holsters (Camera)
I just received my media holsters, they match ideally what I was looking for.
The purchased pouches physically measure 3" x 2-3/8" x 1". They are well made of single-stitch neoprene. The entire backside of the pouch is pile velcro. There is a loop on the back/velcro side for attachment to camera slings or even belts. The loop is hook velcroed on inner surface. Since it is velcroed, any portion of the loop that is not taken up by a strap can be velcroed down to customize the loop to the size strap.
It will fit any sling or belt, as I tried it on a 1.75" belt and it fit. So if it can fit that, any camera or camera bag sling will be no problem.
There is a small flap that offers good retention. It folds over opposite to what people are used to as the flap secures to the velcro BACK of the pouch. This may not be handy and pose awkward fumbling for some people but I have had no problem.
There is sufficient room in the pouch interior for several media cards and their sleeves or small batteries. And since the material is neoprene, there is some stretch capability. I have tested the full storage capacity and I was able to jam the pouch to a thickness of 1 inch and still was able to close the flap. This was done for testing purposes only, that many objects in the pouch would be too unwieldy to manage.
Even if you opt not to sling attach it, this little pouch can handily be tossed into a camera bag accessory pouch.
I am aware that this pouch is not for everyone. Any buyer should make an individual decision whether they want or need such an item. For those who do, you will not be disappointed in your purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars okay but needs more velcro, September 27, 2012
GH "Ross" (Southeast United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OP/TECH USA Media Holsters (Camera)
If the flap had a bigger piece of velcro to hold it shut it would be perfect. Its too easy to open as is and a little tug would allow the contents to fall out if you put the camera down. They put plenty ofthought in securingthe pouch but very little in securing the lid for the pouch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat little holders!, September 24, 2013
This review is from: OP/TECH USA Media Holsters (Camera)
Last weekend, once again, I got all the way out into the field and discovered the dreaded "no card in camera" message. I thought about it and decided someone MUST HAVE come up with something to deal with this.
Sure enough I saw these great little holsters, read the reviews and it seemed like they would be perfect! I liked that they were small enough to attach to the camera strap and I LOVED that the little flap closed on the inside to protect it. I also loved that there were two in a package since I use two cameras at the same time.
I put them in my cart for when I made my next order. That happened sooner than I expected, and I almost deleted them from the order! I received the holsters today. I was surprised to find they appear even BETTER in real life and they are already attached to each camera, with a card inside, waiting for my next foray without one in my camera!!!
Neat idea, neat price and even neater product!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars They work....but could be better., June 3, 2014
jedi008 "jedi_008" (Charlotte, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OP/TECH USA Media Holsters (Camera)
These are a nice little strap mounted media holder (not too sure about using it for a battery as they are a bit small for that...). The design is a bit odd.

The strap loop that is meant for attaching this to a camera strap is Velco (fuzzy on the pouch side and hook-loop on the strap side. I am not sure what the purpose is for that as it slides up and down the camera strap and does not secure it to any one position. The other down side is the hook-loop side will eventually fray the strap. The other draw back is the only way to attach these is to open the camera strap as these are sewn shut.

All in all, for the few buck they are OK but I am thinking there is something better out there. I would definitely rate this as a lower end product from Op/Tech as they are usually very innovative with their strap systems.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine even though they are flopping around, January 8, 2014
This review is from: OP/TECH USA Media Holsters (Camera)
Function of these holders are good. I use them for SD cards and batteries on my Optech sling. I have learned to trust their security as long as you carefully seal the velcro under the strap so it cannot be pulled out inadvertently. They can be a little unwieldy hanging on the strap, but if you don't want cards or batteries in your pocket or in a camera case they work fine.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›