5.0 out of 5 stars Great "Bang for Buck"
I already own the Kata rain rig, the AquaTech rain rig, the ThankTank Hydrophobia etc.
But I keep one of these in every holster bag, vest, back pack I own. Good thing too.

Published on September 7, 2010 by Roy Ang

3.0 out of 5 stars better than a plastic bag
This is better than a plastic bag and would cover your flash. I used it one time and was unable to easily figure out how to attach my monopod without tearing a hole in the bottom. Granted it started to rain and I needed to quickly figure out how to put this on my camera. For the price, it was worth it to me.
Published on September 25, 2010 by G. Kroll

5.0 out of 5 stars Great "Bang for Buck", September 7, 2010

Took a small gripped SLR with an AIO Tammy 18-270 and Tammy 10-24 on a day outing at the waterfalls along the Columbia Gorge. At Latourelle falls I noticed you could hike up to near where the water plunges down into the pool. Total soaking experience but worth the shots. And you could shoot from in behind the falls upward and outward towards the stream.

Whipped out the rainsleeve-flash and fired off the shots. Came back to the car looking like the aftermath of a shower-soap commercial.

Rainsleeve did the job. The rig was bone dry. I looked like a drowned rat.
This works and is beefy enough to snap it into a Bogen QR mount without ripping.

-rang

4.0 out of 5 stars Deserves more credit than you might think!, May 2, 2011
This review is from: OP/TECH USA Rainsleeve - Flash 14-Inch (2-Pack) (Camera)
Is this product really just a fancy plastic bag? Maybe.
Is this product really cheap? Absolutely!
Does this product do exactly what it's designed to do? More than likely

I recently had an engagement shoot to do in an area of the south that tends to get a bit rainy in March. Fearing that thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment might be at risk of getting a bit damp, I needed to find a quick (and preferably cheap) way to keep it dry in the event that Mother Nature decided to bless us with some precipitation. I ordered these Rainsleeves (actually a set of 2) and had them shipped to the shoot location, ready for me when I got there, in case we got rain!

Well....we got snow.

Thankfully, it was the right move to order these sleeves, and my equipment managed to stay dry. My setup when using these sleeves was similar to the photo in the item description. I shot a Canon 7D with a 70-200mm f2.8 IS mkii and the rainsleeves had no problems accommodating the length of the lens. The sleeve stayed wrapped tight on both the lens and the body, and no moisture penetrated its defenses and got to my camera.

The best part about these bags? They're completely re-usable. Since the engagement shoot, I've used the bags to shoot lacrosse games in the rain and baseball in the snow! They're easy to get on and off of the camera, and easy to move in and out of for quick shooting.

I would definitely recommend that every photographer keep a pack of these in their bag, because you never know when bad weather is going to hit, and it's just nice to have the piece of mind that these grant when you know you've got a set in your bag. They fold down to near-paper thin, and are as light as a feather, so you'll never even know they were added to your pack!

Pros:
Lightweight
Easy to Use
Work great in a pinch

Cons:
Plastic can be ripped with enough pressure
Not the most professional looking
Could probably be just as easily replaced with a kitchen-sized garbage bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Rainsleeve for lens and flash, February 10, 2010
This product is great and does a super job for something so simple. Being a sports photographer, I don't need bulk to work with. They are so affordable, it's no big deal if I have to replace it. So far I haven't had to do that but I am a very sold customer of OpTech Rainsleeve!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for different lenses. Reusable and bargain!, July 28, 2011
This review is from: OP/TECH USA Rainsleeve - Flash 14-Inch (2-Pack) (Camera)
I recently used this during a thunderstorm that left many streets of Denver deluged. After reading other reviews, I had some doubts as to whether it would work on my very short Canon EF 24mm f2.8 lens on a Canon 5D. That particular lens is only about 3 inches long. However, the cover worked a treat! Putting it on was a matter of a few seconds, and it never came off or let any water on to the lens, despite heavy rain fall.

Unlike what other reviewers stated, it is also perfectly reusable. You just need to be a bit careful when inserting your viewfinder into the cutout on the camera cover. The plastic which this cover is made from is high quality with just the right thickness. It's thin enough to permit operation of your camera, e.g. by pressing buttons on the top or rear, or turning the focus or zoom rings on your lens. However, it's thick enough to permit reuse and avoid damage.

If you need to photograph in rain, sleet, snowfall, on the beach or in dusty conditions, this cover is what you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Offers so much for so little price., October 18, 2010
H. Hatje (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
When you're going to be using your expensive camera in a potentially rainy environment, this rather inexpensive investment is the smartest one you can make.

I was doing a shoot in Chicago last year and I figured it would be rainy quite often there in the fall when I would be there. Sure enough, I needed it almost EVERY day while I was there.

While other tourists had to use umbrellas to shield their Digital Rebels, my Canon 30D was nice and dry in my rainsleeve. I need not remind you that Chicago is known for something else besides rain... WIND. Their umbrellas didn't do much protecting, but my rainsleeve had no problems dealing with the wind. Camera shake was almost eliminated, because the umbrella was not there to act as a sail. I simply had to keep the front of my lens dry periodically, but the camera and lens (200mm) stayed dry inside.

The Rainsleeve has a nice little eye-piece-hole, which, after removing the eye-piece, you snap over and replace the eye-piece once more. The front is tied with a draw-string tight around the front of the zoom lens, so as to provide protection while the barrel extends during zooming.

My only tip would be to bring a big lens-hood, because you'll be drying off the front of your lens frequently otherwise. :) Other than that, I've not seen any water-related issues on my camera.

Rainsleeve saved the day... and my camera. Get it to protect your investment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Two come for the price, May 15, 2012
This review is from: OP/TECH USA Rainsleeve - Flash 14-Inch (2-Pack) (Camera)
A little clumsy to use and you can't quite pass it over your camera setup without removing the flash and inserting it first in the sleeve, but it does the job reasonably well without unforeseen issues.
The great feature is that there is a small hole at the back through which you can pass your viewfinder and reattach the eyepiece on the other side, essentially giving you a very good access to your viewfinder without compromising too much the "rain tightness".
I used with and without the flash, in which case you have a weird looking sorta-condom hanging on the side but -hey- who cares?

The pack comes with two units inside.
This is not astronaut equipment, but for the price it certainly belongs to my backpack.

3.0 out of 5 stars better than a plastic bag, September 25, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems very useful, March 30, 2010
Great little addition to my camera bag. Haven't had a chance to use it yet (hasn't rained that much here), but I think it will be very useful to have this rainsleeve in times when you want to take photos in light rain. The sleeve for the lens is quite large and it will accommodate most telephoto/zoom lenses. I tried the sleeve with my 50mm F1.8 AF-D and it's just too big for it. If the lens sleeve is wrapped ON the lens (you could also fasten it to the lens hood, but I seldom use hoods), it will work best for IF(Internal Focusing) lenses that don't change length or rotate while focusing.

Overall I think this is a very good product, and the price is decent too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional, But Not Great, September 7, 2012
This review is from: OP/TECH USA Rainsleeve - Flash 14-Inch (2-Pack) (Camera)
Okay, so what did you expect for an item that sells for about the price of a Happy Meal? After shooting pictures at another high school activity in the rain (I've been a yearbook adviser for 36 years), I decided to purchase a camera cover. I actually purchased two different models. OP/TECH's 14-inch Rainsleeve and Cosmos' Camera Protector Rain cover. While I give the nod to the Cosmos product, here's my take on the OP/TECH:

Pros

-It's inexpensive--and the package contains two.
-There is plenty of room for any size lens up to 7" in diameter and 14" in length, and any size flash. Note: There is a drawstring on the lens cover portion.
-There is a hole that you can position over the viewfinder and lock in place with the camera's eyecup.
-The plastic is thin enough that you can adjust controls through the plastic.
-Even with my Canon EOS 40D, there is enough space inside the cover to hold the camera with one hand using the grip.

Cons

-To get the camera and the flash in the cover, it is necessary to first put in the flash and then reattach it to the camera after you have also placed the camera inside.
-You will need a lens hood to cinch up the lens cover drawstring; otherwise, you will leave part of the lens exposed.
-There is no reinforcement on the eye hole opening. As thin as the plastic is, tearing is a real possibility. In fact, the entire cover is made of a plastic about the same thickness as a food storage bag. Handle it carefully, or you could be dealing with multiple tears.
-This cover is only large enough to hold the camera inside the bag with one hand. This may not be a huge issue for many photographers, but that's what I liked about the Cosmos' product in that it had two arm sleeves to allow you to hold the camera inside the cover.

Overall, it appears to be very functional, and you can't quarrel with the price. Only time will tell as to how durable it is. RECOMMENDED

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!, October 18, 2011
Gemz (Miami/Trinidad W.I.) - See all my reviews
Whilst on the tour of historical sites in Paris, we were greeted with rainy moments and whilst others had to put their cameras away; I, with the trusted assistance of the OpTech Railsleeve was able to continue shooting. Yay!!!

OP/TECH USA Rainsleeve - Flash 14-Inch (2-Pack)
$8.95 $5.59