Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Optimum Opti-Seal - 8 oz
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 8, 2012
This is hands down the best spray sealant there is. It is a paint sealant, not a miracle reguvinator. Its durable, easy to use (less is more), and give a good glassy pop after it cross links. It is durable, easily get 2-3 months from a car parked outdoors 24/7. A big bonus is how well it sheds dirt. Nothing seems to stick. A rain shower makes the car look clean again. The 8oz bottle will last the average person years!

If you apply this on paint hoping for a miracle shine, you are going to be sorely disappointed. Grab a product like Meguiars NXT or Duragloss 105 instead, they doe a bit of cleaning, polishing and then amp up the shine. Optiseal is all about locking in the looks you got from polishing. It does nothing for dulled paint. It makes swirls look worse. It is not super slick.
on April 28, 2014
I can assure you the 1 star reviewers just don't know what they are doing. I bought this product and it arrived last week. Since then I've put it on my car and a few customer cars and we all love it! The gloss is great and it makes the paint SO slick. Just be sure to have your paint clean before applying this. It will work best if you wash/clay the vehicle first, and perhaps apply a paint cleaner such as Klasse AIO right before you apply this sealant. You'll be amazed!
on November 4, 2013
I'm a big fan of Optimum products but even if I wasn't I would love this sealant because of how easy and cost effective it is to use. You can apply it in minutes on any cleaned surface and walk away. I like to clay and polish my car before putting this on top but my friends just wash, dry and seal their cars more often. Any streaking with this product is due to using a single spray too much per panel (that's how little you use on the whole car) and is easily wiped away with a microfiber towel.

I will honestly say that it takes less than 5 minutes to seal my car with this product and it takes maybe 7 minutes to seal my wife's Equinox. I have other sealants that can be applied with my UDM but that would use another pad and require another round around the car with a microfiber. Those may last a good 4 months while this lasts 3 but I usually need to wash the car before that anyway and might as well detail the car if I'm going to drag my supplies out.
on December 10, 2015
When it comes to caring for my cars, I am stubborn and tend to stick with "lines" of products (Menzerna Polishes, CarPro cleaning agents and coatings etc). However, a time comes once in awhile where I experiment with bunches of new products. I have always stuck with the original Rain-X for glass, Menzerna Power Lock for the wheels and I tend to trust mostly German-branded products (Sonax, P21S, Menzerna) on my paint.

OptiSeal on Wheels: I wanted something a bit less "waxy" than Menzerna PowerLock to apply to my wheels. OptiSeal truly is a wipe-on, walk-away product, and it's concentrated so it makes sense for this application. I actually applied this to my wheels when they were removed from the car, and they have been beading water and fighting off BMW brake dust better than ever. The wheels can now be cleaned easily with just soap and water, saving me money as opposed to going through a bottle of Sonax wheel cleaner each month. It seems to be a reasonably temperature-resistant product. Before you apply it, make sure you wipe your wheels down with alcohol to remove any residues or oils and get the best possible bond.

Glass: This is where this product really "shines." I removed the old trusted rain-x from the glass with clay, a regular glass-cleaning and a final wipe down of pure 91% alcohol. Again, this ensures the best possible bond with OptiSeal. I applied it with a foam applicator in straight lines. It left a couple small streaks, but nothing sinister; if it happens to you, just gently buff it off with a dry microfiber towel. Most of the sealant immediately dries clear and feels slick to the touch. As for rain repellency, the beads start running off the glass at about 30mph - 10mph sooner than Rain-X - and unlike Rain-X, there is no streaking with the wiper blades. Just clear, quiet, consistent water beading and sheeting. So far, I'm most impressed with OptiSeal on glass.

Paint: To be quite honest, this is not my preferred product for paint. I have only used it once on my girlfriend's car, and it leaves a candy-like, hard reflection. However, on dark colors, it streaks more easily than most sealants if you use just a bit too much. It's a small gripe, but this is simply why I prefer sealants that require wiping off and longer cure times. If you plan to use this on paint, just be sure you use it sparingly. It produces great results.

I've had an 8-ounce bottle for awhile now, and it'll last me months. A little product goes a long way, and it protects as well as it adds gloss. Overall, a great product that is simple to use at a fair price. Give it a try.
on July 30, 2015
I have seen some varying reviews on this product, and every negative review that I read indicates a lack of understanding around this product and in some cases, general car exterior maintenance. There is prep work involved in getting all the benefits out of this product, and this is not a wax it is a synthetic sealant. Simply stated, it will last much longer than wax, but not add as much gloss. I was blown away by this product! I did some initial prep work (washed the car, clay bared, and then polished the car) and applied this. I was unsure what to expect, but it did appear to add a tad bit of gloss to my preped surfaces (which were already glossy). A few days passed since I applied it, and then I got caught in the rain. After the full on downpour of rain I parked my car in the garage for the evening. The next morning I was surprised to see my car in the garage looking like it had just been washed!!! No water spots, just a clean gloss car. I was very happy with this, and then later that same day, again dealt with more rain. Again, the following day, I had a clean car absent of water spots. This is one of the best sealants I have ever used, and a little bit goes a long way! I applied it to my entire car, and when I went to set the bottle with the rest of my car care products it looked like I had not even used any of it! In summary:

PROS:
-Easy to apply
-One less step as there is no wiping off step
-A little bit goes a LONG way
-Strong sealant that keeps even water spots away
-No strong or harsh odor

CONS:
-None that I have found

I know that everyone's results might vary, but I will share that my paint color is white and was already in great condition, and I did use a DA orbital buffer to polish my car.
on April 13, 2015
This product is simply amazing even if just used as a drying aid. While drying with my waffle weave towel I put about 1 spray per panel and lightly spread the product and finish drying. To be safe I use a soft microfiber again for a final buff to ensure no streaks especially in direct sunlight. Instantly makes the car repel water and I did 3 cars/wheels plus a separate set of wheels and didn't even use an ounce yet. Easiest sealant I've ever used and makes the vehicle so slick to the touch. Almost seems too easy to use and I keep waiting for the catch. Enjoy!
review image
on March 14, 2013
I recently bought a nice car and wanted to use something to seal. I daily drive this car and the optiseal has done a great job. Water beads off perfectly. I also use the ONR polish and they work great together. The optiseal goes on with a simple spray and just blend it in. It will flash off and you are good to go. If you use too much just blend it into a bigger area. I would definately suggest this product.
on November 21, 2014
Can't decide if this is better or the Sonus Glanz product. I think the Sonuz Glanz product looks better right after application but the Opti-seal looks better after a night of curing. I also think the Opti-seal collects a bit less dust.
on January 12, 2014
Got the sealer in no time flat and I wasted no time using it and I can say this with 30 years of experience as detailer that has used everything out there it works I recommend to watch the application video on utube just so you do it correctly but I can say this is a very good product thanks guys
on July 24, 2016
I hand polished my aluminum wheels on my VTX 1800 C motorcycle by hand with grits of sand paper. It took forever and after all that work I wanted some protection. This was a good option. Some of the other sealers out there are 50 to 80 bucks. While this certainly isn't cheap it is better priced and has the advantage of being used on metal and paint, so I can use all the product. I am not sure how well it will hold up, but if it last a season and makes it easier for me to keep the wheels clean I think it is well worth it. It comes with an applicator pad, which for the price isn't anything special, but handy. The application is easy, just clean and prep surface, then spray product on applicator or surface directly and spread out. I kept whipping in circular or long passes until it dried fully and there weren't any streaks.

I will update this review after the season ends in October or November with how it held up but overall I am happy with the product currently.