5.0 out of 5 stars Best roller- buy it
Published on March 25, 2010 by Delsia

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard as a Rock!
Published 22 months ago by lauren fisher

5.0 out of 5 stars Best roller- buy it, March 25, 2010
This review is from: OPTP Pro Foam Rollers - Full Round 36" x 6" (Sports)
The blue marble and green marble OPTP foam rollers are the best that I have found. They are worth the money, most of the other products out there are too soft for effective use and wear down quickly. My gym has this type of roller for member use and I had to buy one for home. I run and work out daily and when I thought I pulled something in my knee a trainer asked me if I rolled out all my muscle groups in my legs. When I rolled out the leg with the troubled knee, I felt the tension release and my knee has been fine since. Tight muscles contribute to all kinds of strain and injuries. If you work out at any level, you should own a high-density foam roller. Rolling out your muscles has more health benefits that I can list in this review, but bottom line- you will feel better, it helps prevent injury and is much better than simple streching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best foam roller out there!, March 22, 2011
K. Keough (Somerville, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OPTP Pro Foam Rollers - Full Round 36" x 6" (Sports)
This foam roller is a game changer. I was so sick of having to wait to be at the gym to use their foam roller so I finally bit the bullet and bought my own. This specific one came highly recommended from my pilates instructor. I know it's a little pricey but it is durable and sturdy, it will absolutely pay for itself even just after a week's worth of use! It's hard but not painfully hard. I've used too soft foam rollers before and they do nothing! You do really need to opt for a harder one for it to really work it's magic on your muscles. This one is the perfect firmness!

4.0 out of 5 stars medium density foam roller, July 10, 2011
Jeanie L. Veal (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This medium density foam roller is perfect for balance exercises and for rolling out crimped muscles. It has done more to improve my chronic shoulder issues than massage, chiropractic, or cortisone injections combined. The softer rollers are admittedly more comfortable against the spine for a bony person, but are not adequately dense for rolling. The high density roller is like pressing your spine against concrete. This one is just right!

After 16 months of sporadic use, my roller has become misshapen, not from use, but from sitting for a long period without being used or repositioned. It is now slightly oval shaped, so I am careful to store it so that it can regain its round shape. Also, I'd comment that the rollers used at my Pilates studio are superior to this brand in a couple of ways: they use the Scott roller that has a bumpy surface- it is less likely to slide during use, and is lighter in weight though still firm. They advise that the rollers never be stored on end because it promotes warping, but as I pointed out, even laying it down will cause warping if it stays in one position long enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rollin to loosen up :), January 29, 2011
This review is from: OPTP Pro Foam Rollers - Full Round 36" x 6" (Sports)
I first tried a product like this 2 years ago,liked it then. So I finally got my own. I can't even begin to tell you how great this roller is. Durable (I'm 270 lbs.), no deformation. This roller is invaluable as a stretching and deep massage tool,where one can use ones body weight to their advantage. I've sung its praises to friends and let them try it, and they've been equally impressed. It shipped promtly and gave me relief and satisfaction from the first use. I strongly recommend this product. BUY IT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must, November 9, 2010
This review is from: OPTP Pro Foam Rollers - Full Round 36" x 6" (Sports)
This roller is a must if you exercise a lot. I have used it many a time to avoid going to the chiropractor. Or just to loosen up some tight muscles I can't reach any other way. Great for IT band.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard as a Rock!, November 20, 2012
This review is from: OPTP Pro Foam Rollers - Full Round 36" x 6" (Sports)
If you are used to a roller with a littel give (not squishy soft), this roller is not for you. It is as hard as a rock. OUCH. Just as hard as the syrofoam rollers you can find in any store. If you you want your roller as hard as a rock just save yourself the tax and shipping charges buy a styrofoam one. The company OPTP makes the MELT Roller an that is why I purchased this. I use the MELT one at my trainer's studio. This is not even close. I will pay the $7 more on the MELT website. Also package came with one piece of tape on the top and one on the bottom. Thank goodness it's not raining or snowing or this item would also have been damaged. Sides were not tapped and anything could have gotten in there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast shipment and Perfect quality and Clean, July 22, 2011
My physical therapist recommended this exact item. I ordered it and it got here EXTREMELY quickly. It was new, wrapped in plastic, and boxed well. It was everything I expected it to be. It exactly matches what I use during my PT sessions. It is light weight, yet rugged, does not seem to peel in any way, etc. It should hold up nicely because this exact item is probably used all day long in the PT office. They don't have a whole bunch of them, they have this one, and some other colors/types, which means it gets lots of use and appears new still, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW ! LOVE THIS SO MUCH, September 30, 2012
R. Johnson (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
After trying other foam rollers, talking with my massage therapist and my Chiropractor I settled on this particular one. It's highly recommended by my Chiropractor who also does physical therapy. I work out with heavy weights as well as lots of cardio (biking, running, etc) 6 days a week. This roller warms up my muscles before my work outs and cools them down after and it only takes just a few minutes. It's amazing. Muscle soreness has been greatly reduced as well as all knots from sitting all day are worked out. If I didnt work out, I would still roll just for the massage and pain relief alone. I use to get massages 2-3 times a month..NOW? only once a month (and I only do it because i love it - not because I need it) A cool side note, my core strength has been greatly enhanced by the use of this roller in order to roll properly you will deveop core. My husband use to laugh at me everyday...but recently he has had some knots in his back. I convinced him to roll and now he is HOOKED!! I cannot EVER be without a roller....this particular one is of EXCELLENT quality and will not deform. I am suprised how relatively inexpensive this is because the stores carry inferior ones for about the same price. Buy this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why do they call this a toy?, May 21, 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: OPTP Pro Foam Rollers - Full Round 36" x 6" (Sports)
This roller cured my year long back problems. I am a teacher and my middle back had been killing me at the end of the day for over a year. I saw a physical therapist and tried stretching and strengthening exercises and they did help some but this roller cured me after using it twice. I put the roller against my back against a wall and went up and down 10 times and now I am cured.
Thank you Chris Freytag for showing the use of the roller on KARE11.

Pax

Paul

4.0 out of 5 stars Great roller for stretching out muscles, May 20, 2011
Foam roller is made out of a high density material that doesn't become deformed after repeated use. I use it 4x a week for the past 2 months and it hasn't shown any wear or tear. Overall highly recommended.

OPTP Pro Foam Rollers - Full Round 36" x 6" Blue Marble
$37.99
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies