Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OPTP PRO-ROLLER Soft Foam Roller - Pink 36" x 6" PSFR36
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Color: Pink Marble|Change

on January 13, 2012
Looking at other reviews made me wonder if this roller would be too soft but no, it is just perfect. When I got it out of the box and squeezed it I thought they sent a regular roller at first! Even putting full weight on it it does not compress significantly and still rolls. It performs like a regular roller with a layer of cushioning, and since a regular roller is too painful for me this is just the ticket. (Hint for the wimpy: For those really tender spots use this roller on the bed to begin with.) There are many videos on YouTube with good exercises and I heartily recommend this roller to get you started.
11 comment|147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2013
I ordered a roller from the Sue Heitzman website - what horrible service! The OPTP roller is not only nicer but you don't have to pay over $15 dollars (!!) for shipping. This is the one to order, especially if you are doing the MELT method training. The blue one from Sue Heitzman's web site is cheaper quality, not to mention the SLOW and awful customer service.
55 comments|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I purchased this to use with the Foam Roller Workbook. Foam Roller Workbook: Illustrated Step-by-Step Guide to Stretching, Strengthening and Rehabilitative Techniques

It has just the right amount of softness and strength.

You see, I'm not a small woman (which is a euphemism for being seriously overweight). Anyway, this roller is tuff enough so that it doesn't flatten out like those, soft white rollers do (often referred to as open cell foam rollers). That means it's firm enough to support me while doing the sitting, lying and standing exercises listed in the workbook and just soft enough to make the massage exercises at the end of the book tolerable. If you have really tight muscles, a really hard roller will hurt like hell when you try to do the massage exercises, trust me! I tried a firmer roller but the pain was so unbearable that I just couldn't massage with it which defeated the purpose.

Anyway, an extra firm roller works really well for all the other exercises in the book and if your muscles aren't tied in knots or you just think that suffering is good for your soul. But for big wusses like me, I'll stick with the OPTP Soft Pro-Roller. It's not too hard, not too soft, but just right! Now, I just need to find 2 half rollers like this one and I'll be in foam roller heaven.
22 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2011
I bought this as it came very highly recommended by my massage therapist neighbor. I already had a nice firm black one, but this one is very different and wonderful. I use it vertically down my spine when I need to lay back and let my pectoral and shoulder muscles relax and return to their proper alignment. Rolling on it horizontally feels wonderful on my back and I also like to use it to work my IT Bands.

I like my firm foam roller, and used to swear by it, but now that I have this one, I barely touch the other. It's so great that I just bought a second one to ship to my mom. :)
0Comment|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2012
I bought this Pro Roller after receiving physical therapy at a facility that uses one. This roller, compared to the very hard similar rollers, is very sturdy yet forgiving. It says it is "soft" but it is just perfect for my aging body. I use it with the instructions my physical therapist gave me. It does not come with instructions. You have to research or see a physical therapist to use it properly. I use it to give myself a deep tissue massage. It also helps me with my posture, aligning the spine, and helps in developing and maintaining good core muscle strength. My son uses it and says when he's finished, he stands straight and tall, like he grew an inch! I recommended it to my sister and she ordered one.
on March 3, 2013
This was purchased as a health gift (for his birthday) for my friend who has some kind of pain daily. I told him about the MELT method and the use of the foam rollers. This foam roller was the one recommended by Ms. Hintzmann before she came out with her own MELT brand soft foam roller. My friend tried this roller for his low back pain and he said it was very good. He is about 6'1" and weighs 210 pounds. He said that this roller supported his weight just enough where it doesn't cause any excess pain in the sensitive areas but still allowing its "massage" and therapeutic action for the muscles. I am still waiting for this item to be available again. I can't seem to find one available since the MELT Method by Sue Hintzmann was featured on Dr. Oz show and all the soft foam rollers are sold out, for now.
33 comments|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2012
I was given some exercises by my PT to help with a back injury. Unfortunately, at about the same time I was diagnosed with osteoporosis. The standard foam gym roll I bought was simply TOO hard and, given the possibility that my bones were more fragile than I knew, I opted not to use it anymore. It never felt good but in fact it hurt. So I was happy to find this somewhat softer roll. I use it happily, am able to do the exercises without pain now, and feel safer on this than on the other one. It's good quality and I highly recommend it, especially to anyone who also has osteoporosis.
on September 9, 2011
This roller is a terrific substitute for the hard, unyielding Ethafoam rollers that were used in the Feldenkrais Method for so many years. It's much more comfortable to lie on, and the enhanced comfort opens the way to many fascinating movement discoveries. Sometimes I lie on it for an hour, just inventing my own movements spontaneously. No Feldenkrais practitioner, whether teacher or student, should be without this valuable tool.
on January 11, 2015
Because we can't all afford a weekly masseuse and our significant other says it's not in their job description, there is the "soft" foam roller. This is an invaluable tool for easing tight fascia and muscles. More gentle than firm rollers which can be too painful for some and the tacky material makes it better for fascial release. Roll out your ITBand and quads if you are having knee issues, use the "smearing" technique from the MELT Method along the side of your ribs to ease back discomfort, sit on the roller and massage glutes to address piriformis syndrome (often confused with sciatica), or address rounded shoulders and forward head by lying on the roller length wise and opening your arms wide to stretch tight muscles across the front of your body. Many more uses for massage, strengthening, and toning by searching You Tube. It's your new best friend with benefits!
on March 23, 2015
It's amazing. I needed something to work on myofascial release in conjunction with recovery from a back injury. This worked perfectly. It wasn't too hard but wasn't too soft.
review image