4.0 out of 5 stars This one works for me

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Last
Published on December 29, 2006 by SCOOTER

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Last, December 29, 2006
This review is from: ORBITREK PLATINUM
Thane has a Great Customer Service BUT their orbitrek's DO NOT LAST!(went through 2 in about a month apiece)and are NOISE Machines!.. I'm about 220lbs maybe that has something to do with it but the orbitrek's weight cap is 250-300lbs so go figure??....anyway, just bought a different brand elliptical,same price range and way better construction. My suggestion to all who are interested in a elliptical is to TEST them out at the various stores IN PERSON. DO NOT BUY ONE WITHOUT A TEST RIDE.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of JUNK!, November 28, 2007
Janis Wold "Jan" (Arlington, Wa USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ORBITREK PLATINUM
This is a piece of junk that works real good until the cheap metal breaks and they do NOT stand behind their product.

4.0 out of 5 stars This one works for me, April 15, 2007
D. Jones "blondeambition_101" (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ORBITREK PLATINUM
I bought this item for it's small size and portability. I was able to assemble it within an hour. It fits into an otherwise unusable corner behind a door without interfering with entrance into the room. I just shut the door when I'm on the machine. It is lightweight enough to move if necessary. Upping the resistance is as easy as turning a knob. It comes with it's own simple to use computer with time, speed, distance and calories. For an exercise that targets your arms more - wear wrist weights.

I have carpet and would recommend placing it on a hard surface if possible to make it more stable. I cut a board to fit underneath it.

The noise is not an issue if you wear headphones while using the machine like I do. My machine is in my bedroom and I would not recommend riding it if you do not want to disturb someone who is sleeping.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, December 20, 2007
This review is from: ORBITREK PLATINUM
I am wondering if I have the same Orbitrek Platinum as some of the people reviewing,
I have owned an Orbitrek Platinum over two years now
and it works quite well and it certainly has not fallen apart.
I use it for 30 minutes 4 days per week and have no major problems with it,
granted it is not the quietest machine available,
the noise is not loud enough to disturb someone in another room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovin' My Orbitrek, April 2, 2007
This review is from: ORBITREK PLATINUM
This is a great way to exercise for me...no need to worry about the weather! Easy on the knees! Feel a total workout (my sore muscles attest to that!)Great way to firm up the ol' muscles!

works great,very quiet. no complaints!

LOVE IT!