- Save 5% on each participating item when you spend $50.00 or more on Qualifying items offered by ORICO Technology Co.,Ltd. Enter code VU7IZT7Y at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% on ORICO 3.5'' Hard Drive Enclosure when you purchase 1 or more ORICO USB 3.0 to SATA Hard Drive Docking Station(6518) offered by ORICO Technology Co.,Ltd. Enter code CJ839SDO at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% on ORICO 2.5 Inch Hard Drive Disk Enclosure when you purchase 1 or more ORICO USB 3.0 to SATA Hard Drive Docking Station (6518) offered by ORICO Technology Co.,Ltd. Enter code GDOSQJER at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
2-Year PC Peripherals Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
ORICO SuperSpeed USB3.0 HDD Hard Drive & SSD Docking Station for 2.5 & 3.5 inch SATA [Support 8TB Drive] - Black(6518US3)
|Sale:||$22.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$27.00 (54%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Tool-Free installation for 2.5 - inch & 3.5-inch SATA , SATA II, SATA III HDDs and SSDs
- Super Speed USB 3.0 data provides transfer rates up to 5Gbps , backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 connections
- No installation of drivers required for Windows XP,Vista ,windows 7 ,windows 8 , 8.1 or Mac OS X 10.2 and above
- Build in Power Control Switch , Ready for Hot Swap , Plug & Play under Windows or MAC or Linux PC
- Premium 12V Power AC Adapter & Double Foil Shielded and Twisted Paired 3.3ft USB 3.0 Cable Included
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The Docking Station of ORICO 6518US3 has solid construction and works perfectly with the all your 2.5 inch & 3.5 inch SATA HDDs and using Super Speed USB 3.0 .The transfer speeds are rates up to 5Gbps ,pretty with USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 Host. Works perfectly on computer with 4TB(Max) Seagate HDD drive.It is the perfect solutions for your external storage.
Easy to use -- no drivers needed,Ready for Hot Swap , Plug & Play.ORICO 6518US3 have a Power Button on the top and the power light is easily accessible and visible.12V 2.5A High Power AC Adapter and 3.3ft USB 3.0 Cable offer a reliable connectivity.
- Horizontal Shape design, Simple and fashionable ,Both for 2.5 inch and 3.5 inch HDD using
- Support 4TB driver easily and was able to read and transfer files on computer immediately
- USB3.0 Interface with maximum speed up to 5Gbps,Backward Compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1
- CE and FCC Appproval
- We Provide 18 months Manufacturer's Warranty and lifetime Free Technical Support.
What's in the Box
1 x USB 3.0 2.5 inch & 3.5 inch Docking Station
1 x 12V/2.5A US Power Adapter
1 x 3.3ft USB 3.0 Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card
Color: USB3.0 Dock
Top Customer Reviews
So, when I saw Orico HDD docking station I liked the idea of a horizontal docking station, as I explored the specs more I also liked the options between eSATA or USB 3.0. In general the docking station it's 95% well built with the exception of the power button (as another reviewer noted). It feels a little bit flimsy when you push and it gives the sensation the button will pop-out. So, if you are getting this, try to be gentle when your first power on until to get the feel for it and to apply the right amount of pressure. Performance-wise, the docking station was able to deliver file transfers 90MB/sec. on some big file transfers I performed from a Windows network share to the drive.
Both eSATA and USB 3.0 worked without problems on my Gigabyte motherboard and under Windows 7 SP1. I used File Scavenger and EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition and they both worked fine with my station and a 2TB Seagate drive. I was able to recover and repartition a drive. One observation, the airflow beneath the drive it's limited and close to none, make sure if you are performing an extensive operation with any given drive that you have proper ventilation or cooling in the room to avoid drive overheating. The unit ships with all you need: Power supply, eSATA cable, USB 3.0 cable and some basic documentation.Read more ›
Initially, my older external drive was not recognized and I thought the Orico was DOA. I tried a different disk drive which I knew was good and it was recognized without any problems. After that I tried the older drive again and now it works, I don't have any idea why it didn't work at first and now it seems to be working fine.
Have not tried the eSata connnection, that will be needed when I upgrade to a new machine in the distant future.
The included instructions were all in Chinese, so that was tossed, but its pretty straight forward to connect it up.
I'm pretty sure the Orico is not supporting hot swappable disk drives. I think that powering it off before removing the disk drive would be the best approach.
I could only wish for some small lever thingie in detaching the disk drive from the Orico, but that is really being picky on my part.
Update: Wanted to let everyone know that this dock works fine with a Western Digital 4TB Green drive. My older dock from four years ago had no idea what to do with that large a hard drive.
The speed is excellent, and the build quality was surprisingly good in this price range. It handles 2.5 and 3.5 inch drives equally well, and it made an archiving project I am doing with many years' worth of hard drives from now defunct computers very easy.
If I could wish for one thing, it would be that the caddy would be made from something that disperses heat a little better, but the open construction means that heat build up is not really a problem anyway.
*Review of Free Sample*
I did not have any issues with this product and it worked well.
-Supports 2.5" and 3.5" sized drives
-has an LED for the disk activity
-power button to turn bay on and off
-Ac adapter, USB 3.0, and SATA cable included
-Solid design and good materials
-Mac and PC compatible
This product was provided to me in exchange for an honest review
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this to house a 8TB archiving drive for backing up my NAS at home. Not much to say beyond it worked swimmingly. No complaints.Published 2 days ago by J. Airington
This is just what I needed. I had a failed HD that would not allow my PC to boot. With this, I can boot and connect the HD and transfer files.Published 22 days ago by dugdod
Power on and drive activity LED very dim and hard to see from an angle. The show stopper for me is the length of the power cord from the AC adaptor which is far too short to place... Read morePublished 23 days ago by JS
The product works fine, but it did not come with a USB cable as the packaging/description listed. I had several such cable laying around, tho, so not a big issue. Just annoyiongPublished 27 days ago by Phil
Worked right out of the box on my Macbook Pro, no drivers needed. Love the horizontal orientation of the drive. Just slide it right in and power on.Published 1 month ago by Mookie
eSata works fine, USB does not work at all. Tried on 3 different computers, 2 different OSes. As I do not live in the US returning it is not practical. Read morePublished 1 month ago by JC
I purchased this docking station to replace a Thermaltake BlacX that died after several years. I tested it using both USB 3. Read morePublished 1 month ago by JDallace
This was exactly as described. It's so easy to use and works like a charm. It was exactly what I needed.Published 1 month ago by rezurrected