Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on September 7, 2013
There were enough positive reviews about this product that I thought it would fit my most basic need--a way to mount a small TV under my kitchen cabinet. Even if it wasn't very adjustable, I simply needed it to be swiveled and off the counter top. Unfortunately, my experiences all echo the complaints from the negative reviews.

Amazon lists the manufacturer as OSD Audio, but the box said "Monoprice" on it. So if you find a similar product under a different name, it's probably the same one.

Anyway, on to the review.

The first thing I noticed was that the part that mounts to the back of the monitor was not level. The vertical holes were long enough I felt I could work around this.

Secondly, the included mounting hardware is a set of four 2-inch screws with anchors like you're going mount this in 2x4 studs. I still can't figure out a situation where you'd need these screws. As a result, I had to make a trip to the hardware store to find some small wood screws to drive into the underside of the cabinet. I didn't expect the manufacturer to provide the hardware that would work for every situation, so I anticipated this trip.

Next, the TV I'm mounting is a small 13" set. I wanted to position the TV as high up on the mount as possible as their isn't a lot of room between the cabinet and the counter top. Unfortunately the length of the mount then covers the HDMI port at the bottom! Well, I thought a little modification was in order and so I used a hack saw to cut off the offending area. This worked great.

Finally, I got the mount attached to the measured area cabinet I wanted and attached the TV. Great! It swivels and seems to have full motion. Then, I noticed that there's a lot of "play" in the tilting part that raises and lowers the TV. So much so, that the TV will angle downward facing the counter top! I've tried adjusting the little bolt that stiffens the movement--but it does NOTHING for the "play" in the tilt. So now, I have a TV on my counter that's about waist-high that angles downward. It would be the perfect angle for sitting down at the table, but it simply won't work while standing in the kitchen. This is why I bought a tilting mount!!

After this project taking entirely too long and jumping through hoops to make this thing work, I realized I can't even return it because I hack-sawed part of it! In the end, please learn from my negative experience and go buy a quality mount for a little more money. This thing is going to be dropped in the garbage.
on March 1, 2012
I have used these mounts long enough to know that I love them. I haven't had problems with it tilting down as some reviewers have, but i am not using it as a fold up mount. I have them stationary, and if you tighten the Allen screw and adjust for the slight tilt, it works perfectly. I would definitely recommend this to anyone for the application I have used them in, but really cant comment on the use as a tilting mount, as that's not what I use it for.
review image
on August 10, 2013
I ordered this to mount a 16" Coby TV under our new kitchen cabinets. The unit arrived quickly and was well packaged. The mount design was flexible and should accommodate most VESA mount configurations. Mine is a 75mm x 75mm VESA mount and it readily attached to the bracket. One thing to be aware of is that some televisions will have power, cable or AV connectors below the VESA mount plate. Due to the length of the bracket some of the connectors on my TV were blocked, I had to drill a hole for the cable connector to slip through. I didn't deduct a star since for me it wasn't a big problem and another TV probably would not have the same issue, particularly if it were larger than my small TV. I used different wood screws than the ones included in the package since my cabinet bases were too thin for the included screws. A drilling template would be helpful to have been included though I was able to make one fairly quickly by tracing the cabinet mount side.
`
The tilt works fine and holds steady at any angle. Although my TV is quite lightweight the resistance on the tilt hinge should be sufficient to hold most screens steady. The swivel resistance can be adjusted by a 1/2" locking bolt. A very good mount for the money, and certainly less costly for something similar that I could purchase at a local brick and mortar store.
on January 1, 2012
Looks good, intallation fine. Somewhat disapointed because the bracket makes the TV tilt down. Would like to the TV to stay at a 90 degree angle. Arrived quickly
on February 10, 2013
The mount is perfect. When we first opened the box, the mount had to be loosened and then tightened so that it would work properly.
on May 10, 2014
This unit is too stiff to be workable, even after lubrication. This is the same unit that is sold by several different vendors.
on November 15, 2013
Things don't last forever, and while it seems to me we just moved into this house, it has been almost 7 years and the drop-down television in the kitchen died. Because I can usually find anything I want on Amazon, I set to searching there for a replacement. Right away, I ran across what appeared to be an unrelated item, “OSD Audio TSM-CM LCD Tilt Swivel Under Cabinet Mount,” and it caught my eye. It was described as a bracket that let you mount a 13 inch television under a cabinet. The one that died had a tiny 7 inch screen, so I jumped on that bracket like white on rice. I thought to myself, “We have a 13 inch television that has not been used since we sold our camper.” Here was a chance to have a bigger and better under-cabinet kitchen television for less than $25. What a deal.
When the bracket arrived 2 days later via Amazon Prime, the instructions might as well have been in Chinese, but the one thing that caught my eye was a note that "this bracket should be installed by an individual who is knowledgeable in installation techniques for this type of equipment." My husband did not see the note because he does not read instructions.
But never underestimate the power of a driven man. He breezed right through the installation in record time, but when he flipped the television down, it was upside down. (He told me not to tell anybody that part.) He took it down, laid it aside, and didn't have much to say the rest of the evening. I laughed, and the more I laughed, the quieter he got.
But the next day he was right back under that cabinet with the bracket. Some might consider my husband to be stubborn, but I think he is just persistent. After about an hour, he told me he did not think it would work, but he kept fiddling with it anyway. Then he told me he needed to go to the hardware store. I hoped he was getting another television bracket, but instead, he bought 2 brackets to attach to the existing drop-down bracket for added support. Fearing the next step would involve duct tape, I just stayed out of the kitchen while he continued to work under the cabinet.
After about an hour, I heard the sound of Fox News coming out of the kitchen and had to check it out. Results are shown in the photos above. My husband is so smart.
review image review image
on April 6, 2013
This bracket is exactly what I was looking for. Our kitchen television is mounted under the cabinet and can be easily adjusted to be viewed from any place in the room. It neatly tucks away when not in use.
on April 25, 2014
The mount worked out well for mounting a 22" LCD TV under a kitchen cabinet. It is fairly stiff to swivel and I may add some white grease to help out. One reviewer commented on the mounting screws. Though their quality was good, I could not use any of them for my mounting. The screws were way too long to use on a kitchen cabinet and the screws for the TV were too long (bottomed out). A trip to the hardware store took care of it.

One reviewer mentioned that weight of his TV caused the it to tilt down. There is a tensioning bolt to fix that. There is even an allen wrench for the purpose.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2014
Very solid but rather cumbersome to set up at first. The mount is extremely hard to manipulate/flex and I think that it is probably designed to be that way, but it makes it very hard to mount it to the desired surface and attach the TV. Once mounted it appears strong and supports our TV effectively, but if you need to change the angle of the TV you have to be careful and support the TV well before trying to maneuver it around. I gave it 4 stars because i do think its a well made, solid mount, and it is a good budget-priced support system for your TV
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse