Customer Discussions > PlayStation 3 60GB System forum

OT: Manic Mondays

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 71 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 2, 2011 9:22:12 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Hello to everyone this Monday morning! How is everyone doing today?

It's a busy day for me at work since we have two people out this week on vacation and now we will be missing a woman for a couple of months since she is pregnant and just went in to labor today. I say she should just pop the baby out and come in to work but I don't think she will agree to that. =D

Posted on May 2, 2011 9:31:18 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
Manager on vacation and co-worker called out sick (predictable) today and have tomorrow off as well. My work going through transition so hopefully I'll still have a job in 3-4 months. Not much over the weekend, just took the kids to the playground a lot.

Posted on May 2, 2011 9:39:41 AM PDT
J. says:
My wife has an employee that takes nearly every Monday off due to her "migraine headaches". I don't know how people get away with that BS.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2011 9:43:38 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
There is actually a person in one of the other departments here that does that. She has a different excuse every single Monday to not come in to work. I don't like Mondays either but I still come in at least.

Posted on May 2, 2011 10:54:46 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
So I started on Enslaved over the weekend. It reminded me a lot of PoP (2008).

Posted on May 2, 2011 11:11:50 AM PDT
Rab says:
I actually kept on playing The 3rd Birthday. I'm on my 2nd playthrough on hard.

Posted on May 2, 2011 11:47:04 AM PDT
540 says:
I wrapped up the Arrival DLC on ME2 over the weekend...nothing special...didn't really set up anything in regards to ME3...unless I missed something (which is very possible).

Posted on May 2, 2011 11:50:37 AM PDT
Rab says:
Really? I heard it was supposed to "tie" ME2 and ME3 together! What crap...

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2011 12:00:25 PM PDT
540 says:
that's what I thought too Rab...I could've missed something tho...it was pretty short (but I did only play it on casual...it would've been a bear on insanity since you are pretty much solo thru the entire DLC).

Posted on May 2, 2011 12:23:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 2, 2011 12:23:27 PM PDT
Melacanth says:
Tired, special brownies+reggea concert= lethargic zombie Mel........Although most of this weekend is a blur, it was still awesome.

Saw Fast Five, i liked it....and the twist at the end of the credits was a nice touch.

Posted on May 2, 2011 12:32:12 PM PDT
My day sucks, trying to make a decision about moving to California! I am tired of making life decisions. As you all know I blame Obama. :) Supposed to decide by the end of the day but I am looking for a reprieve.

Posted on May 2, 2011 12:33:47 PM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
Make the move Yar so you can be on PST and we can game more often. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2011 12:43:47 PM PDT
J. Pardee says:
So does that mean you got the job Yarbo?

Posted on May 2, 2011 12:44:22 PM PDT
Docgreedo says:
But aren't you finally proud of him Yarbro?

Oh course here in the red elephant office there's conspiracy's all around on what really happened.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2011 12:51:13 PM PDT
skillet says:
If you move to PST to play with Gyoza, you had better bone up on SSFIV, BlazBlue, MVC3, Mortal Kombat, etc...

Posted on May 2, 2011 1:01:00 PM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
lol, true dat!
Which means you gotta get all iterations of SF4 and BB.....and MvC3....maybe "Ultimate" MK9 as well.

Nah, we played some PSN games before: Dead Nation and Castlecrashers.

Posted on May 2, 2011 2:11:38 PM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Crap, when I get home I will have Dragon Quest V, Lego Harry Potter, and Majin all waiting for me to open. I really need to up the time I spend playing video games to match the amount of games that I buy.

Posted on May 2, 2011 3:41:51 PM PDT
Wife and I beat lego harry pooper over the weekend. Now I'm going back through and using the malfoy dad to get all of the red sparkly chests. Already got book 1 done at 100%. Definitely worth buying the x10 score too as it makes it much easier to buy all the characters you need.

Posted on May 2, 2011 5:16:53 PM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Nice one Big S! I just got my copy of the game in the mail today and I was thinking about starting it up.

Posted on May 2, 2011 6:06:48 PM PDT
Spudkitty says:
Aha! You were playing with your Mrs, Big S. That's why you didn't reply to my messages?!

Posted on May 2, 2011 10:28:52 PM PDT
So, I was gonna make a new post but somehow the links don't work....

This was a bad Monday. Sat night I went to drive the wife's TrailBlazer and it shuddered shifting into 2nd. Had it towed today to the dealer, the verdict is new transmission.

Left work today in my car and it started making horrible noise. Towed to the same dealer, awaiting verdict; though I think I will just trade it in ('99 Neon with other problems) and see what I can get.

Top it off, 1 dog to the vet on Sat ($200 for a kennel cough treatment) and now the 2nd out of 3 dogs is showing same symptoms. She's probably going to vet tomorrow.

When it rains it pours, but I'm pretty sure this is monsoon season here!

Good news is I interviewed for a new job last week, waiting for a call back. I should be more than qualified, but they said they had other candidates to talk to. If I get what I'm asking, it will be a good raise. Crossing my fingers!

Posted on May 2, 2011 10:30:42 PM PDT
I didn't see the messages kitty...sorry! I'll go look now :P

I tend to ignore things on the bottom of the screen when I'm playing with the wife or kids...just for future reference.

Posted on May 3, 2011 4:23:30 AM PDT
J. says:
Damn, Logan. Money comes and goes, but at least you and your wife have your health. My 10 year old Toyota was going strong when I traded her in, just sayin'.

Hope you get the job.

Posted on May 3, 2011 6:33:55 AM PDT
Thanks doods, yeah I did get the job... offer. I am still trying to decide whether to accept it. The offer was nice but the location is so expensive. My wife and I are flying to the OC this weekend to check it out. I'll keep you all posted. I play lots of those fighting games, I am just no good. Even rabbit handed me my kool aid!

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2011 7:20:05 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Well congrats on getting the job! Definitely let us know what you decide to do.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  71
Initial post:  May 2, 2011
Latest post:  May 5, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PlayStation 3 (20GB)
PlayStation 3 (20GB) by Sony (PlayStation 3)
3.6 out of 5 stars   (97)