Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Style Name: Leakage Tester Kit|Change
Price:$72.26+ Free shipping

on February 9, 2012
ok so im a dealership technician,ive barrowed a leakage tester enough times to need to purchase one. I,ve had great luck with buying my tools here on amazon alot cheaper then the tool trucks,and the brand otc is top of the line.i ordered this gauge and recieved it 2 days ago today the matco tooltruck showed up i was compareing mine to the matco cylinder leakage tester and here is what i found. OTC obviously makes matcos for them because they were identicle down to the box and logo shield,only diffrence was the color of the box the gauge face color name on the gauge and the price tag $169.00.i highly recomend you buy this tool here because its the best on the market and a 1/3 of the price
99 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2012
I was unable to find a LD at my local auto parts stores so got one from "shudder" Harbor Freight ($45). As expected, it was a piece of junk that only measured at 15 PSI and the readings were inaccurate. A few days later my neighbor lent me his tester which was a better brand but still had the PSI/reading gauge instead of the two PSI gauges and was giving me somewhat varied readings. I bought the OTC and could tell right out of the box it was a superior product. Having 2 identical PSI gauges lets you run higher PSI tests for instance, you can set the first gauge (compressor side)at 100psi and if the second gauge reads 92psi you have 8% leak down. I highly recommend a stethoscope to find where the air is leaking from (dip stick tube, exhaust, or intake) but a good piece of hose will work too.
on February 27, 2012
This is a great tool if you are a technician working in the field or out of your garage. Quickly and effectively diagnoses mechanical issues without tearing into an engine. The tool itself is of great build quality. Like other reviews say the front cover could be mounted better, but it doesn't actually make a difference in the tool's functionality. I just secured it with a dab of silicone. I recommend this to anyone that wants a high-quality diagnostic tool for good price. Matco makes the exact same tool, the only exception is the background of the gauges.
review image review image review image review image
on December 10, 2011
Tried to test for a head gasket problem on my 1999 Grand Cherokee.I found that I needed a deeper 14mm adaptor as the spark plug threads are recessed on this engine.No deep adaptor is provided in the kit.I luckily found one in my OTC compression test kit that worked for me.Unfortunately,when tested,I found that the Jeep has a cracked engine block.At least the tester kept me from wasting time on this engine replacing the head or head gasket.
on June 17, 2011
Very well presented item. Good quality materials. Simple mechanism, easy to understand instructions. The one thing that needs to be improved, is the way the metal cover in mounted, which is actually loose. To me, it would only take some extra cheap hardware to make sure this cover plate is solidly afixed to the gauge body, in fact I am going to do this myself, just to give it a higher level of finish and make it look better. Thank you
on September 22, 2011
I recently purchased the OTC 5609 leak tester and used it to perform a leak test on a GM big block.

The tester works well and the fact that it has two identical gauges is an added benefit, as some other testers can only go up to 10 psi on the cylinder side. With this gauge I was able to test at several psi in the 60 - 10 psi range. The gauge works up to 100 psi, so depending on your air supply, you could test at higher ranges.

I chose the tester over other brands because it could cover a good range of line pressure for the leak tests.
on September 15, 2013
The regulator can be a little touchy but otherwise this tester works really well. I wish the hose was a tad longer but I guess it can be compensated by having a longer air supply hose. Obviously you need your own air compressor for this to work, I used one that supplied 125PSI and set the tester to 100PSI; sticker recommends a supply of 10PSI higher than what you have regulated it to.

Comes in a nice sturdy case like other OTC tools.
Dials are easy to read and the instructions were clear.
I'm sure I can make a DIY tester for cheaper but the overall package and quality of this tool is top notch.
A mechanic will charge anywhere from $75-150, save yourself some cash and do it yourself!
on April 1, 2016
This product has helped our mechanic find leaking cylinders with ease. We believe that the quality of this product is as good if not better then what would be found in a car dealership service department.

So far this has helped our mechanic pinpoint leaking valves with ease. It even helped him figure out exactly which valves were not seating correctly and this was confirmed when the heads were sent out to the machine shop.

I definitely recommend this tool for your shop if you are big or small you will not be disappointed!!!
on October 20, 2014
Just received this unit. looks nice. nice aluminum shielding over the valve copper fittings. nice pressure hose. 3 different compression fittings. aka adapters. beautiful gauges btw. love those. Regulator seems to be of good quality works well. nice carrying case, Which I enjoy my diagnosis equipment have their own case for safe keeping. Everything looks solid. I would've like to see an actualy valve body or something... or more copper peices. That is the only (maybe cheap) I can find about it.Everything else seems great
review image review image
on March 14, 2016
Product works as described and allows you to test at a high PSI which is really good for accurate results. The ones you buy in-store a lot of the times only allow you to test at a low PSI which sometimes doesn't accurately show the leak down numbers. The included carrying case is really nice and allows for clean storage of the device. The included directions are also very clear which is nice because a lot of products these days do not have that. I've let people borrow this because it works well and does it's job. I highly recommend this product!