4.0 out of 5 stars Much Better Size Spinner
Having struggled with the full size Oxo spinner and really liking how well it worked but hating how much counter space and cabinet space it took up, I was very pleased to get a hold of one of these smaller units.

Published on February 8, 2005 by Fenriq

2.0 out of 5 stars Was Perfect for 3 weeks
Published on July 19, 2012 by P. Mills

4.0 out of 5 stars Much Better Size Spinner, February 8, 2005

Its the same exact function as the larger spinner, just smaller and alot easier to store as well as being a little easier to control on the counter. If you make salad for one or maybe two people, this spinner will be perfect for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, February 28, 2003
T. Buckingham "woodsurgeon" (Birmingham, AL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXO SoftWorks Salad Spinner (Kitchen)
This item was a "gold box" impulse buy that I've never had to regret. As with other OXO products, the innovation and overall quality are excellent. Yes, this spinner is a few more dollars than other similar products. But the difference is money well spent. The ridgid plastic construction is much more substantial than a typical flimsy spinner, which helps reduce wobble as it spins. Since the clear bowl is not perforated, it offers the ability to soak your salad greens to clean and crispen them up a bit if they are becoming wilted. It also works well to serve the salad at the table or to save it in the refridgerator if you have enough space. Personally, I usually just dump the leftovers into a large zip-lock bag. This will keep them fresh for several days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lettuce alone!, June 16, 2006
This review is from: OXO SoftWorks Salad Spinner (Kitchen)
This is a great unit for washing salad. If you don't like soppy wet leaves resisting the coating of dressing, then you can wave your washed lettuce in a French collapsing basket dramatically on your deck (habit of a very nice friend of mine from France) or you can use this salad spinner.

This spinner is attractive, the knob is easy to manipulate and the bowl works as storage. It is a lot better than others I've used and really essential to our salad-o-mania at home. Dinner is frequently grilled something or tuna-from-the-can and salad, so we put this through its paces. I recommend it to anyone who likes romaine lettuce or Boston lettuce, or red-leaf. These need washing like mad, and the spinner dries them afterwards easily. Great item, and pretty as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, August 23, 2003
Amazon Customer (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA) - See all my reviews
I'm a big OXO fan and this thing is just awesome! Berries, herbs, salad; it all spins dry. I really like caesar salads and I let the lettuce soak to rehydrate and get dirt, chemicals, bugs, etc. off. Put the lettuce in here, press the button a few times and presto, dry romaine lettuce.

5.0 out of 5 stars Size Isn't Everything, April 7, 2010
WG Thomas "excellentdriver" (Portsmouth, NH United States) - See all my reviews
Who knew that sometimes smaller is actually better than bigger? This smaller (but not too small) spinner is perfect for washing and drying salad greens for a 2-to-4 person side salad. If I'm doing a large main course salad, then I do it in 2 batches. But 90% of the time I'm making a side salad and this little guy is just the right size -- it's super easy to use, works flawlessly, and is a high quality product. And I have to say the design is impressive -- really excellent. The plunger-activated spinner is a huge improvement over the old cord- and crank-activated spinners I used to own. It's a lot easier to operate, easier to clean and easier to store. I highly recommend this little Softworks Spinner.

4.0 out of 5 stars SoftWorks Salad Spinner - Nice Product, November 11, 2008
This review is from: OXO SoftWorks Salad Spinner (Kitchen)
The SoftWorks Salad Spinner is a nice product that works as advertised. The size is large enough to wash a full chopped head of romaine lettuce. The product seems identical to me to the OXO salad spinner I have seen in stores with a solid white top, and they may in fact be the same product. The Oxo Good Grips Salad Spinner appears to be the same as well, except for product pictures showing a clear top.

I have used this product for more than a year and I'm very happy with it.

The large button in the center is spring loaded and when you press it, will rise. After putting your salad into the strainer basket inside, close the top and depress the large button. The basket will spin and the water will come out of the salad into the clear bowl. Use the small button on the side to slow down the spinning basket before opening. It's that simple.

I find that rinsing my salad and greens several times between spinnings seems to get them the cleanest. It's always best to rinse and spin as close to serving time as possible so that your salad stays nice and crisp.

I can't help but feel that the price is rather high for such a product, but this was one of the more affordable alternatives I found. So until a less expensive alternative emerges, this looks like one of the better alternatives.

Avoid the temptation to use the clear bowl as a salad serving bowl. The insides seem to scratch rather easily and may be harder to clean when scratched.

Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Those Who Grow Your Own Herbs, February 2, 2009
I take the basket part out to the garden and collect the herbs needed. Then I wash the herbs in the basket, and then spin dry. Dry herbs are much easier to chop. This spinner is also about the right size if you make salads for one or two people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best spinner I've found, August 10, 2011
M. Boulden "ivaluevalue" (Las Vegas, NV United States) - See all my reviews
No surprise, since most of the other reviews are positive, but I use this spinner daily--for washing both salad ingredients and herbs--and I even use it for my strawberries and blueberries. I take the bowl out to the garden to pick basil, bring it in, fill it with water, swish it around, dump it all in the drainer basket, then put the spinner together, spin, and all is done in a matter of minutes. This is a relatively simple product but works perfectly--extracts excess water with little or no effort. I have always washed it by hand (since I use it often), so I can't comment on how dishwasher safe it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, June 26, 2007
This product arrived a couple of days before we were having a graduation party for our granddaughter with 40 guests. It exceeded all expectations and performed like a trouper for salad greens and herbs. Plan to order two more for our daughters.

2.0 out of 5 stars Was Perfect for 3 weeks, July 19, 2012
P. Mills (Brooklyn New York) - See all my reviews
I eat salad every day in the summer. I buy fresh organic greens that have to be washed. This little spinner was perfect. It worked great for 3 weeks. I am not heavy handed and have most of my appliances for years. I did not over fill the basket. I had about 2 servings of kale and baby spinach. I pushed down on the top like I always do to spin it and heard a snap. The spin mechanism came apart broken. It is broken and cannot be repaired. I am very disappointed. I am undecided on if I should buy the same brand. I really need a salad spinner.

OXO SoftWorks Salad Spinner