Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OXO Tot Baby Food Mill, White/Green (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 13, 2011
I love this food mill. It is super easy to used and clean up is a cinch. I finally decided to purchase this after I had read a review comparing it to another quality brand. I am so glad I made the decision I did. A quick note on how to use a food mill. When turning the knob, you want to go back and forth to keep moving the food around the bowl and going through the holes. Also... All of the food will never go through if you use the super fine setting. Carrots will leave behind their fiberous material that could choke a baby, Peas will leave behind their tuff skins. If you notice nothing else is going through the mill, take your hand and touch the remaining food... it should feel dry and fiberous, this means you are done. I think a lot of people buy food mills assuming ALL the food will go through the mill, and this just isn't true when using the super fine setting.
on April 14, 2011
I had been making baby food in my 9 cup Cuisinart food processor but read several places that you need a food mill for things like green beans and peas. I used this with green beans. What a disaster! All it did was crush the beans and push green water into the bowl. I had to manualyl scrape out everything! I put it in my food processor and it did just fine, granted it took awhile to really break skins down, but it did do it and my 5 1/2 month old had no issue with them. This product was not for me-returned it.
on February 14, 2011
This is my best purchase for my son yet! This makes my job so much easier when preparing his food! The feet on the mill make it so that the bowl/pot that I put beneath to catch the food does not bang back and forth when I'm grinding; also, the rotating portion goes both ways so that it can re-circulate (not sure of the correct word!) the food for more processing. Absolutely love this, it is a must have if you are making your baby's food!
on September 26, 2011
we were looking for a food mill that would be multi-function, mostly for making tomato sauces and blending soups. baby food will come down the line and this will likely be a good tool for that. the only issue we have is that the blade doesn't come down close enough to the inserts, making it difficult to get the most from your veggies/fruits. you may end up with more waste than you expected, but it is easy to use and clean.
on June 7, 2011
This food mill looks nice, but for some reason it's not even milling cut up apples after I've used it 3 times. I can't figure out why--I've assembled it all properly. But even when it was working, it was not efficient at all. It left way too much food (steamed carrots)on top, barely squeezed anything out, and was a pain to use. I'm ordering a different one
on September 18, 2012
I have a hand grinder that we take everywhere. I thought this would be the high quality high volume home alternative to that small tube based design. Sadly this device does not work at all. I have tried all the blades and multiple food choices. It simply does not feed the food through the grater? I am at a loss as to how use this and produce anything more than a 1/10th volume set of ground food. WORTHLESS....
on December 30, 2011
Don't waste your money. I boiled potatoes and tried to put through the food mill. About two tablespoons came out the bottom and into the bowl. The rest mashed but stayed on the top. I had to scrape out the top into the bowl So discouraging and what a mess. Same thing happened with apple sauce. It mashed it but stayed on the top. Didn't land in the bowl.
on February 24, 2012
The food mill holds a lot of food which is great, but even the finest strainer was too lumpy for a new solid foods eater. On top of that, it was difficult to clean and often, larger pieces would go through the sides. I much prefer my food processor and will run certain things like peas through a sieve afterwards.
on July 14, 2011
This product is awful, does not express or mill food as described and creates a lot of waste of food. Returned it after 3 different attempts to unsuccessfully mill fully cooked (steamed) green peas and peeled apples for my 8 month old. Ended up using a hand-held sieve and pushed it through manually with a spatula instead.
on November 22, 2011
I bought this item for my 6-month-old and it is just not working. The actual item is fine, good quality and all, but it is a pain to use. First of all, pieces have to be very small when you put them in. It does get the skin but that keeps the food from going through so you end up wasting a lot of food. It takes a long time and the texture is not appropriate for first foods. I have to put puree through at leats 3 times to get the desired texture. Overall it is not something I would recommend. I am thinking about buying a proper food processor as this mill is just not working out for me. It took me over 1 hour to prepare 2 purees for my baby.