5.0 out of 5 stars Should've bought these sooner!
Published on July 19, 2011 by Maggie C.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for store
It is very sealed and the size is perfect. The only thing is that it is hard to open. But that why it is very sealed.
Published 21 months ago by Yuan

5.0 out of 5 stars Should've bought these sooner!, July 19, 2011
Maggie C. (Simi Valley, CA) - See all my reviews
I searched high and low for baby food containers...and I wish I would've purchased these from the very beginning. I initially bought some containers that would only hold 2 oz. of food thinking my young infant does not eat that much...well within a month or two, he needed more food...so I ended up buying another set of 3 oz....well guess what? Those ended up to be too small. My advice is to go with these larger containers from the get-go...because eventually you will need something this size (you just don't have to fill it up at the beginning).

Great quality, sturdy, looks great, and each set comes in a tray (stays put on my freezer shelves). Unlike other containers that cracks easily when frozen, these held up just fine. I take them straight out of the freezer and into the microwave without any problems. I've tried some other ones where the lids pop open while in the freezer or sometimes the plastic gets warped or stained...these still look brand new after using them for a month straight. There are very few containers that would hold 4 oz. of food but these are the perfect size because I even put his cruchy snacks in them and it's the perfect portion. Since they do not look like typical baby food containers, I plan on using these for myself for condiments, salad dressing, or side toppings when I bring my own lunch to work. I love these containers so much I bought 5 packs (I usually make a large batch of food at one time). They are not the cheapest containers out there but at least you would only have to buy these once (unlike me! I wasted so much money on the previous ones!)

4.0 out of 5 stars great product, October 17, 2011
This review is from: OXO Tot Baby Blocks Freezer Storage Containers 2 Ounce, Set 6, Clear (Baby Product)
As a full time working mom I needed a product that would help me conveniently make and store large quantities of baby food at once. Would definitely recommend these!
Pro's
1. Very hard to remove food once frozen
2. Lids can be hard to secure

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product for freezer storage, March 4, 2013
muff (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought multiple sets of both the 2 oz and 4 oz sizes. Like others have said, this is a well thought through product. Lightweight, seals tightly, easy to clean, no issues with freezer burn or ice crystals. Also the tray is great for organizing. I usually put a little piece of masking tape on top and write what's inside and the preparation date with a Sharpie, and that works great for us.

I agree that the 2 oz size is only useful for a couple of months after your baby starts eating solids (but it is pretty handy to have for those first few months), so I would recommend getting only one set of the 2oz containers and a few (1-3, depending how much you plan to store) sets of the 4oz containers.

I only use this product for freezer storage or for foods that don't require microwaving (e.g. cereal Os on the go), because I just have a personal preference not to microwave baby food in anything plastic. For frozen foods, typically I'll remove a cube from the freezer and let it defrost in the fridge overnight, or just let it sit out at room temp for a few minutes until it defrosts enough to be able to pop out the food. Then I transfer to a glass container and defrost/warm in the microwave. For anyone interested in doing something similar who is looking for recommendations on small glass containers, I like the little Pyrex custard cups (with the scalloped open top) for food you're going to heat and serve immediately, and the Wean Green / Snaplock glass containers for easy fridge-to-microwave storage.

4.0 out of 5 stars OXO Tot baby blocks freezer storage, October 22, 2011
I have enjoyed the OXO storage containers. They are easy to fill, stack nicely and have a very tight seal. I have not had any issues with freezer burn or ice crystals on any of my food to date. Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THEM!, July 21, 2011
These are great!!! I used them all the time. Great when you have to go out too. They don't leak. I bought two set of them and they are perfect for his dinners. The 2 oz I use for his fruits and veggies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, August 25, 2013
Voltaire (Lake Worth,Texas,USA) - See all my reviews
I plan on using these to store house paint for touch-ups. These are well built. They have a sealing and locking mechagnism. Surprisingly easy to get the lids off considering how well they are sealed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well designed and easy to use, December 3, 2011
These are great! The lids are very clever; they have a rubber seal to keep air out. The holding tray keeps them secure so you don't have to worry about dropping them on the way to/from the freezer. Easy to clean, easy to use.

My only complaint is that my daughter's appetite grew so fast that I didn't use these for many weeks before needing the 4 oz. size... and that has nothing to do with the product.

If you want to make your own baby food, I highly recommend these and the other OXO baby items. They're obviously designed by people with babies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for storing pre-made dog food portions, September 21, 2011
I use these to portion & freeze fresh-made dog food. I feed a dehydrated raw food diet for my pet, so I wanted a way to speed up the daily feeding routine.
I mix & hydrate a large batch of the food, which goes into these Baby blox containers, two trays sit in the freezer, and each day, I pop one out, crack the lid & microwave them to thaw.

These are high quality products from OXO. The lids feel sturdy when you snap them on. I've traveled with a few of them in a dog bag, and have never worried about them leaking. The lid has a rubber O-ring in it to help with the tight seal.

I throw both the lid and container in the dish washer, and I've had no problems with them.

Just be sure that you pop open the lid if you're using them in the microwave. Someone--I won't mention any names--put one of these in the microwave without breaking the seal, and the lid caved into the container a bit, so I have one container with a big indent in the lid. It still works fine though.

5.0 out of 5 stars best baby food containers, September 13, 2011
These are perfect for making your own baby food. They snap on tight and don't come off in a lunch box. I love that I can put them in the dishwasher too. After I bought the first set, I went back and ordered two more!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for store, December 26, 2012