Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Orange|Change

on November 6, 2010
My wife and I have been searching long and hard for the ideal bottle brush. We tried several from the usual stores in our area. One was flimsy and hardly cleaned, another rusted quickly. We even tried that one with the sponge on the end. Well, just like any sponge, the whole thing needed replacement.
I saw the reviews for this sponge and decided to buy it. We have been using it for over a week now and I have to say that I like the bottle brush very much.
It is sturdy, cleans wonderfully and also looks very nice next to our sink. Aesthetics wasn't what we were going for, so I'll focus on function.

The brush has a nipple cleaner built into the handle that one screws out to use. But we can't seem to figure out this part. It's just a rubber stub... we were expecting a "mini-brush". The stub doesn't clean efficiently, doesn't make sudds and frankly, doesn't make sense.

We were looking for the ideal bottle brush/nipple brush combo, but it looks like we will have to keep looking. We still use this to clean the bottles, but use our older small brush to clean the insides of the nipples. So much for consolidation.

In the end... it's a good product, but, just what's with the nipple cleaner?
66 comments| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2010
This is durable bottle brush, but it's quite large. I purchased the brush hoping to use it with the bottles that came with my Medela Pump In Style, and it's far too large for that. It will work perfectly with large bottles with wide openings. Unfortunately, it's too big if you're going to be using it for small bottles.
55 comments| 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2011
Oxo typically makes great products but this is not one of them.

The idea of the a bottle brush with a built in nipple cleaner is good as a concept but this is very poorly executed. Here's the problem, the bottom of the brush (the lower handle) splits off and houses the nipple cleaner, that screws into the body that has the brush. If you hold the brush as you would by the bottom and try to clean a bottle (where you're swishing it around) the lower handle with the nipple cleaner will quickly unscrew itself because of it's shallow thread.

What does that mean, you have to hold the brush by the neck so you don't keep unscrewing the lower part of the handle off, very annoying. :/

While I like the colors it comes in and the base unit is nice, do yourself a favor and look somewhere else for a bottle brush!
review image
on July 19, 2015
I added this brush to my baby registry because it was so highly rated. It really is an awful bottle brush and this is why:

- After just a few months the brush bristles have all warped.
- The bristles do not reach the bottoms of my Lansing and Madela bottles.
- You cannot effectively clean pump parts with it.
- You can't clean bottle nipples with it.
- It sprays you in the face every time you take it out of a bottle. (ugh. I really really hate that about it)

I can't really think of anything positive to say about this brush. I ended up purchasing this one, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TZ7AFEK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00 and that one rocks (as you can see by the images)! I do not need anything extra to clean everything with. This brush does it all.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on December 20, 2010
Pros:
- PRICE
- soft bristles that clean well
- stand w drain is handy
- vents for nipple cleaner
- no metal parts to rust (this was my problem w my last cleaner)

Cons:
- bristle head a little too soft (bristles are bent out of shape < 1 month of use; maybe i press too hard?)
- nipple cleaner not very practical, it doesn't get into every nook and cranny i'd like, so i have to use a separate little brush for some parts
- stand could be heavier/wider so it's not as easy to tip over

Overall a good bottle brush and I'm happy with my purchase. I just wonder how long it will last since bristles are already getting bent out of shape.
on January 3, 2012
We use Dr Brown bottles, so purchased the same brand bottle brush...the sponge on top ripped off in 3 weeks due to very poor design. This brush fits our bottles perfectly and is indestructible. Highly recommended.
on August 2, 2011
I was a little leary of purchasing after a customer said she couldn't fit the brush into her Medela bottles. I'm using the Pump in Style Advance and the brush fits just fine into both the bottles and all the pump parts.
on September 17, 2010
It is a good, functional, good looking bottle brush. I like it is soft, so you do not get all splashed while pulling out of the bottle. Goes inside of necks of various sizes. Stand is handy too.
on August 30, 2010
I use this to clean my plastic camelbak water bottles.

The bristles are soft so it wont scratch up the plastic. And the stand it comes with is great!

Really great for the price! $3.99
on March 3, 2016
This bottle brush is fantastic. Why so many complaints people?? Look, if you want to clean your average sized bottle your baby drinks from, not your pumping bottles, or...sheesh...your pumping parts, this is the brush for you. I've gone through so many brushes where the handle was attached to the brush by a braided wire. Over a few weeks, these rust and eventually get weak and twist off and break. The OXO brush head is firmly attached to the handle with a plastic handle. It's not going anywhere. I've used this brush for over a year and it is still in fantastic shape. No wearing down of the bristles and no rust...because it's plastic. Okay, I agree with other complainers that the nipple brush is a bit odd and useless. I clean my nipples with a good ol' soapy hand...can't get better than that. And I've never had the handle twist off where the nipple brush is while using it to clean my bottles. The holder the brush comes with is fantastic as well. It plunks down inside and doesn't topple over drying my brush for the next use. The bottom even opens up for cleaning in case it gets gunky. For the price and durability, this is a great brush! End of story.