Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.57 shipping
+ Free Shipping
OXO Good Grips Corn Peeler
|Price:||$9.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Blade is made of durable stainless steel
- Serrated vertical blade is ergonomic and easy to use
- Removes close to 5 rows off the cob at one time
- Blade cover protects blade and hands when not in use
- Dishwasher Safe
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
NOTE for today - I finally used the Good Grips Corn Peeler - it works great BUT it only cuts off the kernels - not the white pulp under the kernels. I really like it.
The Oxo is OK, but I liked a Zyliss cutter better and now use it most of the time instead.
Every cutter I've tried has required practice to use well, so expect to go thru a half dozen ears before you get the hang of it. The Oxo cutter gets quite a bit of the corn off, generally doesn't cut your fingers, and has a removable protective cap to keep your fingers and the blade from meeting one another in the kitchen tools drawer.
The Zyliss is just a bit better in 3 key ways:
1) Given similar amounts of practice, I found it easier to control the cutting angle with the Zyliss. With the Oxo, even after lots of practice, I still found myself getting the blade stuck in the cob occasionally.
2) The Zyliss takes a bit more of each kernel off. WIth the Oxo I sometimes used to run my teeth over the cut cobs to eat what was left behind rather than wasting it. WIth the Zyliss there's almost nothing to eat.
3) The Zyliss seems sharper. Granted, it's newer, but I never recall the Oxo being quite so razor-sharp as the Zyliss.
Both are about equally easy to clean and store, and both handles are about equally comfortable.
I also tried one of the cylindrical cutters with 2 rods you push down with your hands to drive it down the cob. (like Norpro, but was another brand I can't find on Amazon) It was definitely faster than any other cutter I've tried, but it still got hung up in the cob about once per cob (and was nonetheless faster), and it left a *lot* corn still on each cob.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works pretty well for all of my family who can not eat corn right off the cob due to dental/braces issues. We like the cover and the curved blade.... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
It's extremely hard to use. It takes me like 15 min to peel one corn coz it cut the kernel half of you only peel once. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Ellie Lu
Excellent product. Does exactly what it says!!. Why can't we get them here in New Zealand??Published 3 months ago by David T Sydes
I have two of these now because everyone waited patiently for the one I had. They work great.Published 6 months ago by J. stanton
Works like a charm! As stated, much better than the oval model byt eh same maker as with this tool you can cut the corn off any sized cobb. So good, I bought two!Published 6 months ago by S. Williams