Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Size: A|Change

VINE VOICEon December 20, 2006
I use this little tool in so many ways, and hardly ever for melon balls! It's great for shaping meatballs, making uniform-sized drop cookies, small ice cream scoops for single serving desserts, scooping the seeds out of cucumbers and apples, etc. It's just a great thing to have around. This one in particular has a great grip on it, and the convenience of two sizes of scoops. Definitely a must-have for my kitchen.
on October 5, 2003
This thing is great! It's up for scraping the seeds out of a cuke, coring apples, and even (!) making pretty little melon balls. It's easy to clean, it's grippy, and it comes with two different sizes on the ends - just one scoop didn't cut it for OXO. They went above and beyond the call of duty. If only the people who set the price on this thing would do the same... Though it's somewhat pricey for the small gadget it is, I think it's worth the money just in the amount of time it saves me scooping the seeds out of the middle of apples. And plums and other small stone fruit as well.
on July 10, 2000
This is a good quality tool. I expected the 'good grips' handles to be soft and squishy, but they are quite hard. They don't slip around though, even when wet, which is nice.
on January 5, 2014
I was hoping that this would be a really super heavy duty commercial quality style melon baller. My wife does fruit arrangements and breaks the cheapie melon ballers on a regular basis.

This is a much better, thicker quality than the cheap department store brands but not really what I'd call commercial quality. I can see it lasting longer than the cheapies but eventually I can see it giving out as well.
on March 13, 2014
This wonderful OXO Good Grips Melon Baller is fantastic! Not only is it easy to use for cantaloupe & watermelon, it can also be used to make butter curls. I also use it to scoop the seeds out of fruit & veggies such as peppers. It's made of dishwasher safe stainless steel with a comfortable handle, so it's easy to hang on to and won't fly out of your hands if they're wet. I can definitely recommend this wonderful tool - if you're creative, the uses are endless!
on July 24, 2001
I previously had a "Brand X" melon baller which, with occasional use, developed a cracked handle which I had to tape to keep together and later, the scoop end broke off! I broke down and got the best... the OXO is really sturdy and, as with all their products, comfortable to use. I can tell I'll get years of use out of it without it falling to pieces like my previous one. It just goes to show, even with a product that only gets occasional use, it doesn't pay to get a cheap one!
I love this little utensil. The handle is sturdy and the two sized scoops are very useful for different tasks. I use it to drain or scoop out any small items, such as capers or olives. I like the idea of using it for meatballs or even balling up the crumb for crumb cake. It's a versatile tool not only to create melon balls.
on June 18, 2016
A piece of crap from China and definitely not an OXO Good Grips Melon Baller. I should have known better based on the low price and free shipping. In the Amazon photo it looks like OXO quality with solid rods behind each scoop but instead this unit has very thin flat metal connections to each scoop and tend to bend backwards even while trying to scoop watermelon balls. This unit would cost me more money to return compared to what it is worth. I'm disappointed with Amazon for even listing such a poor quality and low value product.
on September 5, 2012
The melon baller works well. It makes easy cuts of little round balls and then releases them well. The availability of two sizes is fantastic. The handle however is not too comfy to hold. For a single melon it works fine, but if you are going to be using it a lot of long stretches of time, look for a better handle to hold.
on December 12, 2015
This little tool does what it's intended for just fine. But that's not why we bought it! Our old melon-baller had a handle with edges, and we used it mainly for scraping the pith out of the lemon peels we wanted to crystallize or to use in lemon marmalade. We finally got so tired of sore hands from the handle that we ordered this as a replacement. Nice round handle!! Works GREAT! Also scoops melon balls like nobody's business.