Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 22% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner
|Price:||$29.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Easy, one-handed operation; Patented pump mechanism and brake button
- Soft, non-slip knob locks down for storage; Non-slip ring and wide base keep bowl steady on countertop
- Basket can be used separately as a colander; Elegant, clear bowl is perfect for serving
- The capacity is 4.49-quarts; Flat lid allows for convenient stacking when not in use
- Clear lid disassembles for easy cleaning; Top-rack dishwasher safe
- BPA Free,Capacity 6.22 qt bowl, 4.95 qt basket,Dimensions 10.5'' x 10.5'' x 6''
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner
OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner, Large, Clear B00D78X2VQ
OXO Steel Salad Spinner B000ND5C9I
Oxo Good Grips 2 Quart Salad Spinner - Clear B009KCFHAC
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$8.16|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Golda's Kitchen|
|Dimensions||10.25 inches x 6.75 inches x 10.25 inches||7.25 inches x 11.5 inches x 11.5 inches||7.5 inches x 10.5 inches x 10.5 inches||5.2 inches x 8.74 inches x 8.74 inches|
|Item Package Weight||3.4 pounds||4.35 pounds||3.84 pounds||2.2 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
OXO's Salad Spinner – A different "Spin" on lettuce
OXO's Salad Spinner was inspired by a children's top, illustrating how even the most basic products can influence design innovation. Before its introduction in 1998, crank or pull-tab salad spinners were considered high-end products. Some people even used the spin cycle of their washing machine to dry lettuce. The easy-to-use OXO Salad Spinner turned the tool into an everyday kitchen essential.
Fun Fact: Recently, OXO's Salad Spinner was turned into a portable centrifuge to diagnose anemia in rural parts of the world.
- Difficult to Start: Pull-string and crank-style spinners require fine motor skills and strength to begin the spinning motion.
- Soggy Lettuce: Some salad spinners do not achieve high levels of RPM, leaving users with damp lettuce that has to be "towel-dried" before serving.
- Cumbersome to Operate: Spinners commonly spin out of control on countertops unless one hand is holding it down tightly while the other is pulling or cranking.
- Troublesome to Clean: It is not uncommon for lettuce to get caught in the lid of a salad spinner.
- Push of a button: During user research, the development team learned that people inherently enjoy the action of pressing down on a button. Not only is it fun and easy to do, but it gives them a sense of satisfaction that something is working.
- Use the force: Early in the development process, the designer actually calculated the surface tension of water droplets on lettuce. This helped determine the precise level of centrifugal force required dislodge the water and dry the lettuce without damaging it.
- Weeble-Wobble: The centrifugal force required to dry lettuce without bruising it was so high that the Spinner had a tendency to walk or wobble all over the countertop. Because of this, users had to use two hands – one to pump and the other to hold the Spinner steady.
- A Separate Piece: Our first attempt at a take-apart lid included pull tabs that held the lid securely together, but required too much force to separate the pieces.
- Get Pumped: The pump-style design makes it very easy for people of all ages and abilities to use without the need for significant hand strength or fine motor skills.
- Dry Idea: Continuous turning in the same direction allows the Salad Spinner basket to achieve higher RPM than most other spinners, resulting in the driest, crispest lettuce possible.
- Won't Slip: A combination of a non-slip ring bonded to the bottom of the bowl and the downward force from the pump keep the Salad Spinner steady on the table, allowing users to operate it with just one hand.
- Easy-to-clean: The clear lid immediately signals whether there is leftover lettuce caught inside and it comes apart with a simple pull to wash thoroughly.
The OXO Story:
In 1990, OXO staged a revolution (of sorts) by offering an easy-to-use, high-performing alternative to uncomfortable and ineffective kitchen gadgets. OXO's innovative take on the traditional Swivel Peeler, complete with its pudgy black handle, raised consumers' expectations of what could be expected from household products.
Today OXO offers over 800 products, each developed with a close (some might say "obsessive") attention to detail. Our goal is to deliver products that maximize comfort AND performance, illustrating our mission to create innovative consumer products that make everyday living easier.
Ever wonder what makes an OXO product an "OXO Product"?
OXO employees believe there are two rules that should guide product development: First, every new product must deliver a significant improvement over the status quo. Second, the functionality should never be sacrificed to make the product more attractive – above all it should work well.
Size: Large | Color: Clear | Package Type: Standard Packaging
Top Customer Reviews
You put the rinsed greens in the strainer, or rinse them after they're in, and then put the strainer in the bowl. One easy push and it spins on its own and it does not move around at all on the counter. I have found that it takes a couple spins to dry them the way I like, but while the greens are spinning, you can be chopping up other salad ingredients.
Even better, you can lock the handle in the "down" position and use this spinner to store the unused greens in the fridge; no separate "lettuce saver" is needed. I've had leaf lettuce in mine for several days, and it is still crisp and fresh. Since buying this remarkable spinner, I've had salad every night. And enjoyed every minute of it, preparation included!
If you love salads but hate the prep, get this. You will wonder how you ever got along without it.
This larger version takes up more storage space, not only in the cupboard but also in the dish drainer. That's a consideration when you realize that you need to wash the bowl and colander between uses, and that the inner mechanism on the underside of the cover also needs a chance to dry! I prefer to clean up in the kitchen as I do meal prep, and to let utensils air dry. The larger version made it enough more difficult because of its space requirements that I broke down and bought the smaller one recently.
Bottom line: Look at both--and think--before you buy.
It is so easy to use. You release the lock mechanism at the top and press down. The inner basket starts to spin, removing most of the water from the lettuce. I love the fact that you can rinse the lettuce in the removable inner basket.
You really win with this one. Wash, spin, store...so much less to wash and it is never boring. It is quite large so you do need a big space to store it in the refrigerator, unless you have a big refrigerator, then it is no problem.
If you have memories of trying to swing lettuce around in a kitchen towel, or have tried to use paper towels while they are falling apart all over the lettuce, you must try spinning in this great salad spinner. Once you have spun the lettuce you can remove the inner bowl and dump out the water.
~The Rebecca Review
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works great so far and is easy to clean as well. Holds enough to make a dinner salad for 2 or 3 people.Published 1 day ago by Jack H. Minnema
Certainly not worth the cost. Too many spins to dry lettuce and too bulky.Published 1 day ago by Barbara L. Strunk
This broke the first time I used it and by the time I got around to it, it was too late to return it. Terrible brandPublished 2 days ago by MV
Big and fabulous!!! I have been wanting a salad spinner for a while now and since I've signed up for hungry harvest I'm getting big boxes of fruits and veggies weekly so I wanted... Read morePublished 2 days ago by melissakitty14
I was dubious as to whether this would work: It's great! And I am happy buying lettuce again knowing I won't have to throw it out in 2 days.Published 2 days ago by Karen B. Evans
This is my new favorite home gadget. Originally I bought a salad spinner for $10, but it just looked so cheap, so I decided to splurge and get the OXO one. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Jessica
we use this all the time and its never let us down. i cant believe the amount of water you are left with after spinning the salad. great productPublished 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
Awesome! Well constructed. Does a great job. Would definitely recommend it.Published 2 days ago by Amanda