Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
+ $5.99 shipping
OXO Good Grips Pro Swivel Peeler
|Price:||$12.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Swivel peeler offers superior control when peeling delicate fruits and hearty vegetables
- Constructed of sturdy, die-cast zinc; extra-hardened stainless-steel blade stays sharp
- Non-slip, contoured handle with extra cushioning for ergonomic grip
- Sharp eyer easily removes blemishes in one scoop
- Dishwasher safe; replaceable blade available
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
OXO's Peelers – An a-peel-ing alternative
The Swivel Peeler was the first of over 800 OXO tools introduced since 1990. OXO's founder was inspired to create a better functioning, more comfortable alternative to the traditional metal peeler after watching his wife struggle while peeling apples for a tart.
OXO's line of peelers includes options for all kinds of preferences, including the original Swivel Peeler, a Y-Peeler, a Serrated Peeler and a Julienne Peeler.
OXO's iconic Swivel Peeler has found a home in the permanent collections of museums all over the world, including New York City's Museum of Modern Art. Next time, tell your friends you own a bona-fide museum piece!
- Small, uncomfortable handles hurt users' hands during repetitive tasks and require strength to grip; Handles do not flex for comfort
- Materials used are slippery, especially when wet
- Inefficient blades with poor cutting angles and sharpness cut into edible parts of fruits and vegetables, resulting in significant waste
- During development, designers literally watched people of all ages and abilities (male & female, young & old, lefties & righties and people with special needs) interact with the product to identify precisely where on the handle users applied pressure while peeling.
- The design team explored hundreds of different handles and learned that a bicycle handle, with its large size and "grippy" material, was a very effective jumping-off point for the Swivel Peeler. Bicycle handles have to be sturdy enough to give riders a significant amount of control, a feature that was lacking in the world of kitchen tools.
- While sourcing parts for the original Swivel Peeler, designers worked with a blade manufacturer that was famous for creating Samurai swords. What better way to ensure the user would not have to expend much effort when peeling a carrot, apple or potato?
- Large handle fits comfortably in hand and elliptical shape keeps it from rotating; "Fins" on either side absorb pressure while in use.
- Durable, rubberized material provides a cushioned, non-slip grip and significant control, even when wet.
- Sharp blades are angled to remove only the minimum amount of peel necessary with little force
With the introduction of the Swivel Peeler, OXO set a new standard by creating a wonderfully effective, attractive tool that people of all ages and abilities were proud and eager to use. Consumers everywhere were taken with the "roly-poly, pudgy handles, " changing the look of kitchens the world over.
Ever wonder what makes an OXO product an "OXO Product"?
OXO employees believe there are two rules that should guide product development: First, every new product must deliver a significant improvement over the status quo. Second, the functionality should never be sacrificed to make the product more attractive – above all it should work well.
Top Customer Reviews
The Paderno World Cuisine Tri-Blade Vegetable Slicer Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable failed and was returned immediately. It mangled the zucchini, didn't make noodles but clunky, misshapen strings, and wobbled all over the place. The suction cup feet were a joke. The carrot I tried never did get sliced into julienne strips but stayed in thick bands. (Yes, I had the julienne blade in!) And after slicing, the teeth were bent in all directions!
I can only figure that the one a reviewer bought & raved over 3 years ago was made by a different supplier. This sort of thing happens all the time... companies change suppliers for one reason or another and the quality goes down. Possibly the "good" recent reviews are for machines which were made 3 years ago and just now found in an attic???
I also tested the Gefu Spirelli Spiral Cutter GEFU Spirelli Spiral Cutter. It was about as disapointing as the Paderno and was returned right away. Read some of the 1 or 2 star reviews to understand why it was bad. Really never worked at all! Very gimmick-y. Makes me wonder if anyone actually tests these things before manufacturing them!
A few months ago, I purchased an OXO julienne peeler ...Read more ›
Here's how you use:
Place peeled carrot flat on cutting board. Use a fork to stab one end of the carrot, hold to anchor carrot down. Now use the Oxo tool to cut long strips.
Update 10-2-12 Wanted to just say that my peeler is still going strong after 8 years. It has never broken and the blade is still sharp. If you eat a lot of mangos like we do, you'll love this tool. Definitely in my top ten list of favorite kitchen tools.
I don't know how this works, but the Y shape design on a peeler seems more comfortable for this task. The handle is made of Oxo's typical "good grips" material, so it was comfortable and didn't slip. The blade holder part, which has a little divot scoop for removing the eyes, appears to be high quality cast aluminum or stainless. Every part fits together seamlessly. The blade is set in snugly and cut smoothly though the potato skins, at just the right depth. It was a pleasure to use such a handsome and well-designed tool.
I understand that this type of peeler may not be ideal for peeling thinner skinned items like carrots, so it seems I will be looking up Oxo's straight peeler now. This one however is probably the last potato peeler I will ever need to buy.
-Andrea, aka Merribelle
NOTE: In use, I found the swivel peeler to be better for rounder items such as Spuds, and the Y peeler better for longer items such as Carrots and Parsnips. Horses for courses.
When something exceeds your expectations by a country mile, then it must be really good. BUY IT NOW, you won't regret it. Its macho boyfriend, the i-Series Y Peeler, is also superb, and is also a BUY IT NOW !
If you buy both, you will make them very happy, as they can then canoodle together in the drawer in the dark !
Most Recent Customer Reviews
SHARP! Peels potatoes (and anything else) like nobody's business. I let the kids use the old one we have so they don't take a knuckle off. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Toni Ventrella
These are a great product but they keep disappearing from my kitchen!!!Published 7 days ago by Lion Heart
I don't like this peeler. Potato peel gets stuck behind the blade and I have to stop peeling and remove it. Not a fan.Published 8 days ago by Amazon Customer
Best potato/vegetable peeler out there. The best part is the blade is replacable when it gets dull. No need to buy new ones all the time. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Food & Books