5.0 out of 5 stars OXO Two-Fold Grater
Published on April 9, 2012 by Judy

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy
I thought this would be great grater because it lies flat and can be easily stored in the utensil drawer. It didn't last long though. I only had it a couple of weeks before the plastic surrounding the grater blades broke. I won't buy another one.
Published 21 months ago by Diane Ellis

5.0 out of 5 stars OXO Two-Fold Grater, April 9, 2012
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Two-Fold Grater (Kitchen)
At 67 I have some hand arthritis and this is, by far, the easiest grater on the market! I love the allowance of opening size between the two grater sides, as opposed to the very limited space of a box-style grater. I also find that the downward hand motion, rather than the typical horizontal motion, is far more comfortable for my aching hands. I also love that it easily comes apart for cleaning. It is also VERY sharp, so that grating hard cheeses takes so little time. This grater is the ONLY grater I will ever use!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, November 25, 2012
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Two-Fold Grater (Kitchen)
I TELL everyone reading this to invest in this grater that grates TWO WAYS. Most graters only work when you slide the food down. This grater works Up & Down. This cuts your work load in Half! And the handle stays put--(ok, maybe in 2 or 3 years, your handle MIGHT become loose.) Cleaning the grates was surprisingly *EASY, I put the entire grater in hot water with dishwashing liquid & I used my BARE HANDS on the INSIDE to clean it, without cutting or scratching myself.

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, September 25, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars the best grater ever, July 30, 2013
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Two-Fold Grater (Kitchen)
I hate to get excited about a grater, but this one is...well, great. We bought one at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for our kitchen, then loved it so much that we bought one on Amazon for my parents. What I love about it is that it's very sturdy and well shaped. You can really muscle through a block of cheese with this thing without any trouble, such as buckling or folding.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best grater for hash browns., May 5, 2013
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Two-Fold Grater (Kitchen)
I've tried various kinds of graters for making hash browns, and read many reviews of other products, and as far as I can tell this is the best one you can buy for this purpose.

Typical box graters work OK but the angle of construction is wrong, making them are hard to hold steady while grating a lot of potatoes. And they can be hard to clean.

There's a potato shredder listed on Amazon, however if you read the reviews you'll see its for potato pancakes not hash browns.

Mandolins are good for other purposes but the ones I've tried are not good for hash browns.

Food processors, while very quick, make the potatoes mushy, with poor results.

Another grater has razor-sharp cutters. I for one don't want to serve grated fingers!

I find OXO model very easy to use for hash browns and I get great results.

Tip: For the best hash browns, peel the potatoes and boil them for 20 minutes the night before and get them cold overnight in the fridge, and grate them in the morning. If you use raw potatoes they come out gummy.

This model is easy to clean - much easier than a box grater.

Some reviewers have commented that this grater breaks easily. It does have a plastic frame, and it looks like you could break it if you were not careful. But have had not problems with it. Due to the good design, you don't need to push down on it very hard, which should help prevent breaking it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't like the result, July 17, 2013
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Two-Fold Grater (Kitchen)
My old OXO Multi Grater is on its last legs so I picked this one up as a backup. I thought it would be better than the old one but to me it's not. It's similar in design as a folding grater and appears to be redesigned with more metal so it may last longer. The metal grate is wrapped around the plastic which is pretty thin on the sides so it may still break.

Cons:
1. I like to grate the whole block of cheese at once, use what I need and store the rest. What I mainly don't like about this grater is the flatter shred it produces. When grating cheese on a cutting board, I can't just brush the leftover shreds into a container because with that flatter profile they stick to the board and smear.
2. The grate flexes in under pressure and that works against you.
3. Two way grating is not a great selling point to me. Reversing direction is awkward and I feel like I could easily end up cutting myself.

I'll get rid of this version and buy another Multi Grater OXO Good Grips Multi Grater before my old one gives out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, September 25, 2013
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Two-Fold Grater (Kitchen)
I go through cheese graters like crazy. They are never sturdy enough, don't wash well, and break within weeks of using them. Not so anymore! The quality is wonderful and the plastic around the actual grater is sturdy enough to hold up even when grating quickly with a large block of cheese. I hope to never buy another grater!

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, August 17, 2013
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Two-Fold Grater (Kitchen)
Easy to use. Stays in place and allows cheese to fall instead of sticking to the sides; plus you can see how much you have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Grater, August 9, 2013
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Two-Fold Grater (Kitchen)
OXO products all seem to be so smart, and this one is no exception. How genius to be able to grate both up and down... no wasted movements. It easily comes apart for washing and storing flat in a drawer, and it feels very sturdy. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars cool, June 28, 2013
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Two-Fold Grater (Kitchen)
This is the best grater I have got rid of the others because of the easiness to use this and wash it after use.

OXO Good Grips Two-Fold Grater