5.0 out of 5 stars top notch kitchen tools

Published on July 21, 2011 by Quality Man

5.0 out of 5 stars top notch kitchen tools, December 28, 2008
Peggy Jentoft (La Mirada, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: OXO Good Grips 15-Piece Everyday Kitchen Tool Set (Kitchen)
These are well worth the money. the Pizza cutter and the plane grater are especially useful. The kitchen tools in this set are all great! good grips indeed! We got these because we have arthritis and have trouble using some kitchen tools, These are easy to hold and use,good looking, and are quite well built. They do what they are made to do well without requiring much effort. We are going to buy more stuff from Oxo. My kids want sets of their own for when they move out. It is a little hard to fit all the gadgets back in the bucket as neatly as they arrived.
Update: I've had these for a year now and they are all still in excellent condition and work superbly! the peeler is the bet we have ever had I had given up peeling potatos but have no trouble now. The can opener is also excellent we all are very happy with these tools

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set for price..., August 25, 2008
I'm an OXO fan and haven't been disappointed yet by their products. I love this set and thought that it had all the basics (throw in a jar spatula, a ladle and a cheap-o wooden spoon and you're set to go.) My one complaint (if you can call it that) is that it is a bit cramped with everything in there. But that's an easy problem to fix...I just took some of my lesser-used tools (pizza cutter, potato masher, grater, etc) and put them in the drawer. A snap to clean and looks sharp in my kitchen. This would be a great gift for a housewarming or wedding.

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need but the kitchen sink, December 14, 2007
A great assortment of essential kitchen gadgets. Just a little more cramped then what you see in the picture. I guess item placement is for illustration purposes.

Will make a great gift for a new bride or house warming gift.

3.0 out of 5 stars Spoons Retain Water In Handle, July 21, 2011
There is a serious design flaw in the large spoons, and that's a crying shame since there are a lot of other utensils in this set that are pretty nice. The spoons are made of two parts, a top half and a bottom half, and when I wash them in the dishwasher a lot water accumulates in the handle. I didn't notice it at first, but then it starts to leak slowly out when the spoon is moved in a certain motion. This may be a sanitary issue depending how dirty the trapped water can be and how long it has been sitting in the handle. There really is no excuse for this design flaw given how long Oxo has been in business and how much they charge for this product. I'm going to have to wash those spoons by hand and hope a lot of water doesn't get in them when doing so.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great tools but only worth half the container minus the container, October 22, 2010
I bought these a few months back and they worked great but only half of them lasted. The metal container also is too small. On a upside they have everything you need and look really nice in any kitchen. I would recommend you purchase a container and buy individual kitchen tools that you need. Allot of places have the oxo products for a few dollars so you can make your own set....Just a thought

4.0 out of 5 stars Awsome Tools kind Ify bucket, June 15, 2008
SGT MLW (Stuttgart Germany) - See all my reviews
I was impressed with Oxo tools to begin with, that is what attracted me to this product. I love every piece i this kit but I'm not so sure i love the messiness of putting them away! Unless you want to spend the time to make it nice and neat every time you take something out or put t back in it get mixed up and not very neat looking! that is my only complant and its really not mine its my wifes! All in all i like it and am happy with my purchase! ~MLW

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition to the Kitchen, December 8, 2007
Donna (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
Love the high quality products. This set is very complete and a great addition to the kitchen. Perfect for those setting up a new home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love OXO Products!!!, December 18, 2010
I LOVE OXO products! They are well made, very well priced, great to use (especially if you have a bit of arthritis going on), and their Customer Service Department is TOP NOTCH! I had a wine opener that the worm broke, and instead sending me just the worm, they sent a completely new opener.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but a bit disappointing., April 6, 2011
I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed with this item given my positive experiences with this brand. I'll go through the good and the bad, noting that I'd give it 3.5 stars if it were possible.

The good:
1. The utensils are overall very nice. I particularly like the pizza cutter, the whisk, and the plastic spoons.
2. The look of the holder in stainless is very sharp.

The not-so-good:
1. Because the holder comes filled with good grips utensils, they are very hard to get into the holder. This is because the rubber-y grips prevent them from sliding in nicely. Instead, whenever I try to place an item in the holder, it kind of bounces off all of the other grips. This is particularly maddening when the holder is nearly full, and I have ended up knocking the whole thing over several times. I think that the best solution if you want good grips utensils is to place them in a drawer, to get a larger holder, or to hang them on the wall.
2. The price: This is a pretty expensive piece of kitchen hardware that doesn't really do much.
3. The durability of the utensils. Generally the utensils are nice, but my spatula/pancake turner has suffered some discoloration.

Overall, this is an item worth looking at, but if you like good grips you might find a better storage system more advisable; and if you are indifferent toward good grips, you might like a different brand that's easier to store.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Gift, March 21, 2014
I already have a kitchen crammed with OXO kitchen tools. In fact, I am so impressed by OXO quality that I have found myself replacing tools in favor of OXO because of the solid construction and ease of operation while using them.
My god daughter recently got married and I bought two sets......one for her kitchen shower and one for a weekend home that is equipped with a lot of old kitchen tools I inherited from my mother's kitchen.

This set contains 14 tools that are kitchen essentials plus the brushed stainless container used for storage. The kitchen my set went into was recently remodeled and has new stainless kitchen appliances so this set is not only functional but also works back to the general kitchen design. However, this should work with any kitchen. It has a clean modern look.

As for the tools, this set has pretty much anything one might need for a well stocked kitchen. I really love the grater. It is far more convenient than my old box grater. Ditto for the potato masher.

One thing that I really like about OXO kitchen tools is that they are easy to use and are ergonomically designed to avoid fatigue in the fingers and hand. This may not sound like much, but if you have arthritis this is a big deal. Anything that makes my kitchen work easier gets my vote.

Overall this is a really nice package deal and makes a great gift for someone who is getting married or even just someone who is transitioning from college life to their first adult home. As for price, I paid about $90 per set and scored free shipping.

Rate and Discover Movies