5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!
These are convenient and durable. I have used mine for 2+ years, with all liquids including oils, and I wash them in the dishwasher. They are as good as new and the numbers have not worn off yet! My measuring is definitely more precise with these. They nest nicely for storage. Get the mini ones too!
Published on December 27, 2008 by Cheryl

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea but Certainly Not Perfect
I will be the voice of dissent to all the raves here.

Published on February 18, 2011 by Asa,

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea but Certainly Not Perfect, February 18, 2011
This review is from: OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Angled Measuring Cup Set (Kitchen)
I will be the voice of dissent to all the raves here.

I've had my set of these measuring cups for several years and while they make a great adjunct to a solid set of glass measuring cups I wouldn't rely on them as my main set. On the plus side, the concept behind them is great, the handles are comfortable and easy to hold, markings are clear and readable. But the inside of mine have crazed and warped oddly, as if a thin layer of the plastic melted, and must be tossed. After calling Oxo they informed me these are not microwave safe and therefore cannot be used to warm milk, tea or melt butter in the microwave. I understand that certain oils are also not safe to use in them. Finally, though they are apparently dishwasher safe, they tend to come out with spots or a cloudy film on them and have to be cleaned by hand, the crevices inside the cups tend to collect dried residue, and because of the interior angles they are not very good for mixing (eg. beating a couple of eggs in the cup).

A higher quality plastic might improve them, but at the moment I simply don't think plastic has the versatility or resiliency of a quality glass measuring cup, and the small convenience of not having to measure at eye level is outweighed by that issue, at least for me. I have multiple sets of measuring cups and these are the last ones I reach for.

PROS: Clever design, comfortable handles
CONS: Not microwave safe, craze and warp, difficult to keep clean, plastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, December 27, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars love them!, December 26, 2009
This review is from: OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Angled Measuring Cup Set (Kitchen)
I absolutely love these! I've had them for years with no problems. I find them extremely convenient.

The only "issue" is if you are measuring something somewhat sticky and you're going to need to scrape it out a bit, it can be more difficult with the angled cups, as they are not smooth all the way around. That is the only time I revert back to my glass, regular measuring cups.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great measuring cups and company, October 30, 2010
This review is from: OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Angled Measuring Cup Set (Kitchen)
These are really good measuring cups. I've been using mine for several years. The markings are still intact, but somewhat scratched. My only complaint is that after years of use, the bottoms of all three cups have cracked and now leak. Not sure how this happened as we are always very careful with them.

UPDATE: I emailed OXO and they replaced all three cups free of charge when I told them they were cracked. Great customer service!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, December 19, 2010
This review is from: OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Angled Measuring Cup Set (Kitchen)
I never thought I would be reviewing a set of measuring cups but to be so ecstatic about the purchase would have sent me into a fit of laughter. Well go ahead and chuckle as I am about to sing their praises. To set the stage, everyone knows how annoying it is to fill a measuring cup then set it down on the counter to check the accuracy of the liquids line right? Continuing on, most measuring cups are glass (plastic tends to lose their clarity if they ever even had any) & glass is heavy without the content. If you then add a problem, any problem (mine is MS), which results in a weakness in your hand the weight becomes even more evident and bigger problem. None of these scenes are earth shattering yet it makes cooking or baking much less enjoyable & time consuming. Well let me tell you, OXO Good Grips Angled Measuring cups are a God send. The cups nestle inside each other so wonderfully needing no space at all, they are very clear plastic of Great quality, durable (I even dropped them on the tiled floor purposly) & the content lines are angled (read Truthful description)so you will never again have to double check the quanity lines for accuracy! I Highly recommend this product & Kudo's to OXO for product design and to Amazon for the great description accuray & availablity. I own a few other OXO products and intend to own more.
Again, Thank You OXO & Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars another combination of cups is more useful, February 8, 2010
This review is from: OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Angled Measuring Cup Set (Kitchen)
I think these measuring cups are the best liquid measures ever invented. The set of 4-cup, 2-cup, 1-cup is not as useful as a set of 2-cup, 1-cup, mini would be. I cook for 6 - 8 people every night and I don't use the 4 cup. It's very easy to fill the 2-cup twice. I would purchase them separately to get what I need. Too bad Amazon doesn't offer them all through their site.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, works well, one minor flaw, March 25, 2010
This review is from: OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Angled Measuring Cup Set (Kitchen)
I bought this set of three about 10 months ago, and LOVE the concept. MUCH easier to use than conventional measuring cups. The only minor flaw is that the numbers/markings are wearing off in some places and seem to get scratched off easily too. It's not so bad that I can't use the cups, but I can see that it could become a problem in the future. Even so, I would purchase these again -- I'm considering buying a second set because I use them so much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Measuring Cups, Great Value!, March 6, 2007
*****
I love these measuring cups because I can see exactly how much I'm putting into them from above instead of peering and squinting at the measuring lines from the side. They are priced well, and very useful. They come in all sizes, from mini-size (1/4 cup) all the way up to 4 cups, and come in sets as well. They are made of a sturdy type of hard plastic. The measuring cups are dishwasher safe, but should not be used in the microwave.

I haven't had any problems with them. My husband recently began to use one of them for measuring his boiling water for oatmeal in one, and so far it has held up great. However, I like them so much, that I'm worried that the markings on the inside may wear off in time, so I'm getting him a special glass one of his own. I would therefore recommend them ideally for dry ingredients or for cool wet ingredients.

UPDATE: A commenter noted that she has been using them for at least two years for measuring boiling water, and has had no trouble with the markings! (Please see comments.)

They are handy, easy to store (I can stack mine by staggering the handles) and easy to clean. The handles are made of rubber for easy gripping, very nice. I still have some of my old traditional measuring cups but I only use these.
*****

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Measuring Cups Ever, August 13, 2008
This review is from: OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Angled Measuring Cup Set (Kitchen)
These measuring cups make it easy to measure and not overfill. Having just had a gastric bypass made measuring food precise. Looking down and being able to see the measurement is so convenient. Have also bought the mini ones. A must in any kitchen.. Makes the others obsolete by no more having to hold a measuring cup in one hand and pouring with other.
A MUST BUY!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love them, April 8, 2010
Christopher A. Craig (Marietta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Angled Measuring Cup Set (Kitchen)
I saw these at someone else's house and had to own a set. I love the fact that you can read from the top.

I use the 2 cup version all the time, the 1 cup version maybe once every few weeks, and the 4 cup version almost never. I've had them for around 3 years; I boil water in them and wash them in the dishwasher and the only issue I see is slight stress lines on the bottom of the two cup one (it's not leaking yet).

Update: I finally had to replace them after about 3 and a half years. I'm abusive to them, but a glass one could easily have stood the abuse, so I'm only giving them four stars.

OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Angled Measuring Cup Set