Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Angled Measuring Cup Set
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Black|Change

on February 18, 2011
I will be the voice of dissent to all the raves here.

I've had my set of these measuring cups for several years and while they make a great adjunct to a solid set of glass measuring cups I wouldn't rely on them as my main set. On the plus side, the concept behind them is great, the handles are comfortable and easy to hold, markings are clear and readable. But the inside of mine have crazed and warped oddly, as if a thin layer of the plastic melted, and must be tossed. After calling Oxo they informed me these are not microwave safe and therefore cannot be used to warm milk, tea or melt butter in the microwave. I understand that certain oils are also not safe to use in them. Finally, though they are apparently dishwasher safe, they tend to come out with spots or a cloudy film on them and have to be cleaned by hand, the crevices inside the cups tend to collect dried residue, and because of the interior angles they are not very good for mixing (eg. beating a couple of eggs in the cup).

A higher quality plastic might improve them, but at the moment I simply don't think plastic has the versatility or resiliency of a quality glass measuring cup, and the small convenience of not having to measure at eye level is outweighed by that issue, at least for me. I have multiple sets of measuring cups and these are the last ones I reach for.

PROS: Clever design, comfortable handles
CONS: Not microwave safe, craze and warp, difficult to keep clean, plastic
1111 comments| 301 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2008
These are convenient and durable. I have used mine for 2+ years, with all liquids including oils, and I wash them in the dishwasher. They are as good as new and the numbers have not worn off yet! My measuring is definitely more precise with these. They nest nicely for storage. Get the mini ones too!
on October 30, 2010
These are really good measuring cups. I've been using mine for several years. The markings are still intact, but somewhat scratched. My only complaint is that after years of use, the bottoms of all three cups have cracked and now leak. Not sure how this happened as we are always very careful with them.

UPDATE: I emailed OXO and they replaced all three cups free of charge when I told them they were cracked. Great customer service!
VINE VOICEon December 26, 2009
I absolutely love these! I've had them for years with no problems. I find them extremely convenient.

The only "issue" is if you are measuring something somewhat sticky and you're going to need to scrape it out a bit, it can be more difficult with the angled cups, as they are not smooth all the way around. That is the only time I revert back to my glass, regular measuring cups.
33 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2010
I think these measuring cups are the best liquid measures ever invented. The set of 4-cup, 2-cup, 1-cup is not as useful as a set of 2-cup, 1-cup, mini would be. I cook for 6 - 8 people every night and I don't use the 4 cup. It's very easy to fill the 2-cup twice. I would purchase them separately to get what I need. Too bad Amazon doesn't offer them all through their site.
on December 19, 2010
I never thought I would be reviewing a set of measuring cups but to be so ecstatic about the purchase would have sent me into a fit of laughter. Well go ahead and chuckle as I am about to sing their praises. To set the stage, everyone knows how annoying it is to fill a measuring cup then set it down on the counter to check the accuracy of the liquids line right? Continuing on, most measuring cups are glass (plastic tends to lose their clarity if they ever even had any) & glass is heavy without the content. If you then add a problem, any problem (mine is MS), which results in a weakness in your hand the weight becomes even more evident and bigger problem. None of these scenes are earth shattering yet it makes cooking or baking much less enjoyable & time consuming. Well let me tell you, OXO Good Grips Angled Measuring cups are a God send. The cups nestle inside each other so wonderfully needing no space at all, they are very clear plastic of Great quality, durable (I even dropped them on the tiled floor purposly) & the content lines are angled (read Truthful description)so you will never again have to double check the quanity lines for accuracy! I Highly recommend this product & Kudo's to OXO for product design and to Amazon for the great description accuray & availablity. I own a few other OXO products and intend to own more.
Again, Thank You OXO & Amazon.
on March 25, 2010
I bought this set of three about 10 months ago, and LOVE the concept. MUCH easier to use than conventional measuring cups. The only minor flaw is that the numbers/markings are wearing off in some places and seem to get scratched off easily too. It's not so bad that I can't use the cups, but I can see that it could become a problem in the future. Even so, I would purchase these again -- I'm considering buying a second set because I use them so much!
*****
I love these measuring cups because I can see exactly how much I'm putting into them from above instead of peering and squinting at the measuring lines from the side. They are priced well, and very useful. They come in all sizes, from mini-size (1/4 cup) all the way up to 4 cups, and come in sets as well. They are made of a sturdy type of hard plastic. The measuring cups are dishwasher safe, but should not be used in the microwave.

I haven't had any problems with them. My husband recently began to use one of them for measuring his boiling water for oatmeal in one, and so far it has held up great. However, I like them so much, that I'm worried that the markings on the inside may wear off in time, so I'm getting him a special glass one of his own. I would therefore recommend them ideally for dry ingredients or for cool wet ingredients.

UPDATE: A commenter noted that she has been using them for at least two years for measuring boiling water, and has had no trouble with the markings! (Please see comments.)

They are handy, easy to store (I can stack mine by staggering the handles) and easy to clean. The handles are made of rubber for easy gripping, very nice. I still have some of my old traditional measuring cups but I only use these.
*****
on January 5, 2016
The description for these measuring cups is hilarious. "Eliminates the need to fill, check and adjust"?? Sorry, folks, the cups do not magically fill themselves. You do still need to fill them, you do need to check them (I don't fill them with my eyes closed), and I often add a slight additional pour or pour a little back out (also known as adjusting). What it does do is eliminate the need to bend over to check and I love that feature mightily. The spout is perfect for pouring a little back into the milk container neatly or adding liquid ingredients to a dry in a very thin stream if so desired. Does a great job for a measuring cup and I love that the 3 cups nest.

Cons - these are not a huge deal (I still gave this 4 stars) but here they are:

1) Bought this set almost exactly 5 years ago. They get washed in the dishwasher. The bottoms of both the 1-cup and 2-cup have sprung tiny leaks around the plastic nubbin in the center. My husband is going to put a drop of super-glue on the crack to see if it fixes the problem. If not, I will buy a new set.

2) The red lettering is fine but the white background that helps make the lettering legible has come off in a few spots. It isn't worn off per se. More like it has flaked off. Not anywhere that bothers me too much. As I recall, it happened relatively early on, maybe within the first year. I always figured when it came off in enough spots, I would replace but, after the initial flaking, it has not changed much. It is just a little unattractive.

3) The spout is drippy. I really dislike this. The spout pours beautifully but, when done, there is always a few drops that run down the side of the cup and leaves a messy counter.

4) If you overshoot the mark, especially with an opaque liquid like milk, you may have to bend over anyway to see how far over you went.
on January 6, 2016
Obviously the big selling point of this set is the ability to measure liquids precisely from a bird's eye view. Having spent a good portion of my kitchen life hunched over waiting for liquids to settle and level so I could see how much was in the cup, this is a much appreciated concept. And without a doubt the sloping, graduated markings give a more accurate measurement, especially with small quantities.

The sharply pointed pouring spouts are a HUGE plus. I have come to despise my Pyrex measuring cups because of the wide spouts and rolled edges. With the Oxo cups you can pour with great precision, so even pouring into narrow openings is no problem.

I also like the fact that they nest, although it's not the sleekest arrangement I've seen.

On the down side, the interior contouring inhibits mixing inside the cups. So if, for instance, you want to grab a small whisk to mix up a vinaigrette, it's a much clunkier operation than it would be in a cup with a smooth, evenly rounded interior.

Also, the fact that you can't microwave them with wild abandon (as you can Pyrex) makes them less than perfect. Still, they are a top notch addition to a cook's tool chest, and I recommend them without hesitation.