4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better
Product shipped in the 2 days..Quality is good, they seem very sturdy...My only complaint is that the silicone heads are NOT
very flexible, and do NOT conture/form to the sides of whatever
one is trying to scrape out...The silicone heads need to be of
a softer, more flexible silicone, at least for my needs.
Published on August 6, 2012 by nef

2.0 out of 5 stars Good build quality but far too stiff
Oxo makes great stuff in general. I have many of their products and trust the brand. However, these spatulas are not good: The rubber is extremely stiff, which mostly defeats their purpose.
Published 20 months ago by David R. Martin

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better, August 6, 2012
very flexible, and do NOT conture/form to the sides of whatever
one is trying to scrape out...The silicone heads need to be of
a softer, more flexible silicone, at least for my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi-use tool., October 6, 2000
David Wihowski (Milwaukee, WI USA) - See all my reviews
I like any tool that keeps me from having to make another tool dirty. I can use this to mix what I'm going to cook and then use it to stir it as I cook it.
I commonly use my food processor to chop vegetables or herbs. Then I use this spatula (or the similar one with the straight blade) to scrape everything out of the food processor bowl. Then I use the same spatula to stir the ingredients in the skillet or pan. I have accidentally left this spatula in a kettle of stew for over 5 minutes. Other plastic spatulas would have melted (I know from experience). The OXO was not affected.
The spoon shape and larger-than-normal size of this spatula make it excellent for folding beaten egg whites.
As with (almost) all OXO tools I love the grippy handles and ergonomic feel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but one big flaw, April 4, 2005
Royal "RoyalEF" (New Rochelle, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I like this spatula I do, but if you are working with dough it is useless. The spatula end is detachable--which I recommend when washing because bits of food can get stuck in the seam and inside the spatula tip. I use it all the time.

However with doughy mixes it is useless and I go back to the old wooden one. The spatula tip just comes off and gets stuck in dough. If it was one solid mold with no chance of detaching I would give it five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Combo, July 1, 2002
David Lindamood (Cadillac, Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased both this Red Spoon Spatula and the White Spoon. Neither have dis-colored, faded, warped or melt. This is a very versital spatula. I bought the spatulas for the handle. The flexible rubber fins on the steel handle create a very comfortable feel and will NOT transport heat up the handle. The oversized grips create a very "ergonomic" feel and fits my hands without having to tightly grip the handle.
The spoon head is very flexible and yet sturdy. It can be used to stir the stiffist pancake mix or thickest chili and yet still clean the side of the bowl smooth. It can also go from normal room temperatures to stirring the soup, sauce or chili without fear of the blade melting or leaving "that plastic taste" in the pot.
A great product with flexible uses and a staple in my kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, January 29, 2003
This is a great kitchen tool... didnt know how helpful it would be until i got it. That it isnt metal and is heat safe to 400 degrees is wonderful! (there are some rated to higher temps, but for me this one has worked out great)
It is comfortable to use and easy to clean. Even when i have left it in a pan of scambled eggs and not cleaned it or a good while, i dont have to soak it to get any remaining *residue* off..
I have found the one with one rounded and one straight edge a bit better for *scraping* the sides of pans and bowls but that might just be apersonal preference as i have both. if i only had one i think i would get this one because it is better for mixing and almost as good for stirring hot pots.
a great value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful kitchen tool., January 13, 2001
Janice L. Pearson (Southern AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This spatula is great for all kinds of cooking. You can get it hot without worrying about it melting. Easy to handle, and easy to clean. I will get more of these as I love to cook and bake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spatula, April 27, 2012
KatCat (Salmon, ID) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Silicone Spatula Set (Kitchen)
My husband is the cook in our house and he tells me what he needs in the kitchen. I like the old fashion wooden spoons when I make him cookies, etc. but these are exactly what he needs for everyday cooking. So glad they are heat resistant up to 500 degrees, don't have to worry about throwing them in the dishwasher. I could get used to these real fast! Good Value! thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Grip Spatula, July 1, 2002
David Lindamood (Cadillac, Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
This is a very versital spatula. I bought the spatula for the handle. The flexible rubber fins on the steel handle create a very comfortable feel and will NOT transport heat up the handle. The oversized grips create a very "ergonomic" feel and fits my hands without having to tightly grip the handle.
The spoon head is very flexible and yet sturdy. It can be used to stir the stiffist pancake mix and yet still clean the side of the bowl smooth. It can also go from normal room temperatures to stirring the soup, sauce or chili without fear of the blade melting or leaving "that plastic taste" in the pot.
A great product with flexible uses and a staple in my kitchen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice variety in spacula set!, August 20, 2012
C. Tien (Waltham, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Silicone Spatula Set (Kitchen)
I had a OXO Silicone spatula that I use day in and day out. When it finally started to chip a little bit (from a lot of abuse), I decided to buy a set which replaces the one I have and gives me two more to play with.

The little green one is perfect for smaller containers like yogurt containers, measuring cups, food processor, etc. The red one that is symmetrical is perfect for cooking on the stove top. The white one was to replace my old spatula. I use it mostly while I bake, scraping off my mixing bowl and such. It is not as soft and pliable as my previous one, even though they look completely identical, so I don't like it as much. But I love the other two, and this set has a good variety.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good build quality but far too stiff, January 15, 2013