Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set, White
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Color: White|Change

on March 27, 2013
The people at OXO have done it again.

This mixing bowl set is fantastic.

The rubberized lip helps you easily hold the bowl in place.
The rubberized bottom keeps the bowl from sliding all around your counter.
And the spout is deceptively top-notch. When I first looked at it, I thought that it would be too short. But after using it 30 times in different situations, I've realized that the design of the spout is really top-notch.

There is only one flaw with this item and it's unavoidable: the bottom and sides of it get lightly scratched if you use a metal whisk.
I really wish that OXO would create a stainless steel version of this bowl including the spout.
Seriously, I never realized how useful it is to have a spout on a mixing bowl until I used this product.

Why is this mixing bowl even better than you thought? Because I've contacted the company about bisphenols. Many people know about bisphenol A (BPA) and it seems that more and more articles are talking about its hormone-disrupting capabilities. What a lot of people don't know is that BPA has a close relative called BPS which not only has similar problems, but companies have piled in to use this as a BPA replacement. Translation: now we should always ask not only if a product is BPA-free but also BPS-free. And here's the real worrisome thing about BPS: it doesn't breakdown (degrade) very easily, so in that way BPA is actually safer because it breaks down far faster.

Fortunately, OXO has confirmed to me that this mixing bowl set is not only BPA-free but also BPS-free. It's just another reason to use it.

note: I don't work for OXO (if I did wouldn't I have given this thing 5 stars?) nor do I work for any environmental protection company. I'm just an average person looking for products that are designed well and are durable and safe.

P.S. at the bottom of reviews, you will see a question: "Was this review helpful to you?". Remember to click on "Yes" for reviews that are good. This encourages good and honest reviewers to put the time in so that we all benefit.
99 comments|422 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2011
This purchase was made, due to an increasingly-painful issue of arthritis in my hands. I'm no longer able to hold onto heavy stoneware mixing bowls or slippery stainless steel. These bowls not only met my needs, but coming from a company like Oxo, I knew they would be well-made and last a long time. In addition to being perfect for all my mixing needs, these bowls are bright and decorative! You just can't beat that combination! I highly recommend these mixing bowls to anyone, but especially to others like me who have arthritis or weakness in their hands. I use many of the Oxo products, and LOVE them!
11 comment|108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2010
These are my new favorite mixing bowls! The rubber bottom keeps the bowl from scooting around while mixing and stirring items, and the small pour spout is a great feature that I didn't realize I needed until I the opportunity came up to use it. They're dishwasher safe too...a big plus!
on April 20, 2011
The bowls as far as use are great. They are durable and good sized. However, I have had a problem with water seeping in to the hole on the bottom rubber piece. This occurs during washing. The large bowl is retaining water (think bath tub squirty toy). Not only does the water leak out into the drawer, but the thought of what must be developing in there is far from appetizing. Anyone found a solution for this? I've passed my return window.

Follow up: I contacted OXO about the issue and they are sending a replacement at no charge. Kudos to them for great customer service. Here's trusting the leaking was a fluke.

Second Follow up: Must have been a fluke. Second bowl has held up just fine.
33 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2009
I've had glass, ceramic, and stainless steel mixing bowls. These are by far my favorite. No skid. Lightweight yet very substantial. Great finish. Great to mix in, great to throw popcorn in. Worth the price.
on December 17, 2008
These are excellent bowls. Solid without being too heavy like some ceramics, the rubber bottom keeps them from sliding around on the counter, they seem pretty much unbreakable and they clean well in the dishwasher. They also nest well for storage. I use these and have given a few sets as gifts, they have alwasy been much appreciated. Good product!
on January 25, 2011
I consider myself an expert cook in most areas and I prepare my family homemade food daily. After years of - for some unknown reason - using heavy pyrex bowls and casserole dishes for mixing I finally said enough is enough! I need some great mixing bowls.

I found these at Amazon and read the great reviews. Got them and WOW was I impressed. I've used these bowls almost every single day for things like dressings, eggs, sauces, dry ingredients, popcorn and even large quantities of salad or slaws. Pretty much anything you need a bowl for, these work great. The rubber bottoms and handles work as expected and they are so easy to clean - but you can also pop them into the dishwasher. And to think they only cost about $9 each blows me away!

If you're in need of mixing bowls for any kind of cooking, BUY THESE TODAY! They are worth every penny and more.
on March 14, 2012
Man, these things are nice. They don't slide on the counter, or out of your hand, even when wet. The weight is just right, the pour spout is great, and the price is reasonable. They seem quite sturdy and the plastic is the smooth stuff that's super easy to clean. I could believe that these bowls were designed by real cooks who actually tested them.
on April 22, 2010
Another solid OXO product, carrying another heavy price-tag.

They're worth the money. Just don't call them bargains.

Pro: The heft and rubber base ensure the bowls stay put on the counter.

Con: The weight makes it somewhat tiresome when cradling the bowl in your arm.

Pro: The plastic surface clings to the flesh on your arm well so it won't slip out while you whisk.

Con: The rubber base and plastic walls means these won't double-duty as a double-boiler.

Bottom line: If you're not looking for a double-boiler, this bowl set is pretty much the cream of the crop.
on May 14, 2009
Love these bowls. Great construction, durable and easy to work with, You can tell the quality when you work with them. Easy to clean. What else can I say. Solid!!