Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

Package Quantity: 1Size: AChange

TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 4, 2013
Package Quantity: 1Size: AVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
UPDATE, Sunday, January 6 - Snowing in Vermont today, so my youngest daughter and I spent the afternoon baking cookies with the new OXO Good Grips Cookie Press. While we were at it, we made a video to show you just how easy this is to use! Here's the cookie recipe we used:

Cream Cheese Spritz

1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 - 1 teaspoon other flavoring (orange, lemon, almond are all good), optional
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour

Directions: Beat room temperature butter and cream cheese together until softened and well blended. Beat in sugar, then beat in the egg yolk, salt and flavorings. Stir in the flour until well combined and dough holds together. Use immediately. Bake at 350F 10-14 minutes, depending on the shape. The cookies are done when there is just the faintest golden edge at the base. Makes about 8 dozen.

NOTES: You can substitute baking margarine for the butter &/or lowfat cream cheese for the regular. If you want to make the dough and then hold it overnight in the fridge, allow it to soften and come back to room temperature before you attempt to use it.

I love spritz cookies - little buttery, crisp cookies that are perfect with tea or lemonade or even just by themselves. They're easy to make too - as long as you have the right cookie press.

For many years the "right" cookie press in my house was the Mirro that I got as a teen. You filled the barrel with your cookie dough, stood it on your sheet pan on little feet and twisted the top dial to make the cookies. Worked like a charm for many, many years but then somewhere along the way in one move or another I lost my Mirro cookie press and couldn't find another.

Since then, I've gone through many a cookie press trying to find THE one. One cookie press split right down the middle of the barrel the first time I tried to make cookies with it. The "trigger" style are usually too hard for my hands to work. Most of them don't have little feet to rest on the cookie sheet so you're trying to press out cookies in midair. Frustration Level - Over the Moon! I can't count the number of cookie presses I've returned to the store or shipped off to the thrift store bin.

I cannot tell you how delighted I am that this OXO Good Grips Cookie Press with Disk Storage Case has solved all of those problems! It arrived this afternoon just as I finished a batch of homemade cream cheese. The very last of the Cream Cheese Spritz are in the oven as I type. The press is easy to assemble and disassemble and easy to clean. Most of it can go into the dishwasher if you want to bother with that. Like that old Mirro, the bottom of the press rests on your baking sheet as you form each cookie by simply depressing the handle, which works by lever action rather than being a "trigger" - easy even for my old hands to use. If you are using a standard half-sheet sized baking pan, you'll get two dozen cookies on each pan - 4 across, 6 down. Most recipes will fill the barrel (see through!) about four times and make about 8 dozen cookies (Do pay attention to the bit in the directions that tells you to use an ungreased cookie sheet. Don't use a parchment liner either - your cookies won't stick to the surface correctly and so won't pull away from the press.) Learning curve - about 2 minutes.

The press comes with a dozen different discs for various shapes - teddy bear, butterfly, daisy, fleur de lys, buttercup, heart, leaf, shell, snowflake, sunflower, tree, wreath - that store away in a specially fitted box that allows easy access to the discs. (Yes, you can change the disc without having to wash the entire cookie press first.)

The included instruction booklet contains recipes for three different kinds of spritz (Cream Cheese Spritz have always been my favorite - use the included recipe but leave out the cinnamon) and you will find many more recipes on line. Be sure to look up a recipe or two for savoury spritz as they make nice quick-to-produce nibbles for an appetizer selection or cocktail party.

Spritz cookies are great keepers - they'll stay fresh for several weeks in a tightly covered container. Ideal for little girls tea parties, feel free to color the dough or dress the spritz up with sprinkles, sparkly sugar or bits of candied fruit.

I'm off . . fantastic cookie press that will have pride of place in my kitchen for many a year to come . . . anybody want a cookie?

PS - I found it easiest to fill the barrel using a small rubber spatula about an inch wide.

UPDATE, May 15, 2013 - I recently came across this OXO Good Grips Cookie Press Springtime Disk Set, featuring a half-dozen designs especially for spring - cherry blossoms, a rose, twin hearts and more. My set is on the way. Can't wait to try them! I wonder if they'll do another series later in the year? Pumpkins and bats would be nice. September ,2013 - Why yes, yes they did! Pumpkins, bats and more. The Autumn set is available from the same link as the Springtime set.
3939 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon April 13, 2013
Package Quantity: 1Size: AVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I make a LOT of cookie press cookies and I've been through at least five machines. In addition to this one, I also have this model-- Kaiser Bakeware Patisserie 662220 Stainless-Steel Cookie Press with 10 Disks

I like the Kaiser but I'd recommend this one over it. First of all, the price is much more reasonable. This is still a solid press, so don't think that the lesser price here means lesser quality.

There are a few other advantages this one has:

--The clear tube lets you know how much dough you have to go. I'd say the two hold about the same amount but I like knowing if I should squeeze one more cookie on to the pan or get out another for the amount of dough left in the tube.

--its easier to wash. The Kaiser doesn't come fully apart and it is more difficult to wash--especially since it is hard to see into the tube.

--there are more disks available for this machine! I don't know why more companies dont do this but it is a real bonus for cookie fans.

--I love the disk storage. I hate having these things rolling around in a drawer so the case is a really nice bonus.
on December 17, 2012
I love this cookie press. I bought it to replace one I had for about 10 years that was always a pain to use. There was a high fail rate, and the press would rock as I was trying to put the cookies down. With my new Oxo, the only cookie fails I had was with the first one or two cookies each time I refilled the cylinder. Each cookie after that came out perfectly. And the silicone on the bottom of the press kept the press firmly on the sheet as I was pressing out the cookies. I love the little plastic container that holds the discs. With my old press, the discs were always in a heap in the baggie I stored them in, but with the Oxo, they're neat and organized. I also like that this press has cookie shapes that are not seasonal -- fleur d'lys, daisy, butterfly, etc., which will certainly encourage me to use it at times other than Christmas. As opposed to another reviewer, I did not find the cookies small at all; I do not like big cookies and find these to be the perfect size. I made a batch of cookies using this to bring to my son's game, and they were absolutely inhaled. People were shocked that they weren't bakery cookies.
Package Quantity: 1Size: AVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I used to have an all-metal Swedish-made cookie press that made beautiful cookies, but had a trigger-style mechanism that required a fair bit of hand stregth. As I have arthritis, I was looking for an easier solution to holiday cookies. Enter the OXO Good Grips Cookie Press. Like OXO's other products, these are designed to be user-friendly for those with arthritis by featuring easy-to-use mechanisms and nonslip grips. You change out the included disks by twisting off the bottom of the barrel, dropping the new disk in, and reattaching. Once you've filled the barrel with (room-temperature) dough, you simply press down on the handle once, lift, and repeat. There are twelve designs included; I tried six of them with good results (teddy bear, wreath, daisy, sunflower, fleur-de-lis, shell). Some of the designs like the bear and butterfly have a lot of small, breakable parts; to remove these from the cookie sheets, I found it easiest to press gently on the widest part rather than try and lift them with a spatula. They came loose easily that way without breaking.

The clearly-illustrated booklet also features three starter recipes: cream cheese spritz dough, butter dough (with a lemon poppyseed variation), and chocolate shortbread. I tried the chocolate shortbread and lemon poppyseed, and would make them both again (see photos above). I also want to try making cheese straws and savory recipes with this. As long as it's a soft dough (the book even mentions that refrigerated doughs are not recommended), I'm guessing it will work with this press.

A few tips that may help:
*Make sure that you press the dough firmly into the barrel as you fill it to avoid air pockets.
*Use a cool, ungreased cookie sheet. If rotating out sheets, make sure it is cool before adding new cookies.
*You can switch the disks midway through a batch of dough if so desired; simply unscrew the bottom of the barrel, slide the disk off the barrel (instead of pulling it up so dough is attached), replace with new disk, and run a little dough through until it comes out evenly. I got four designs from a half-batch of dough this way.
*Because the cookies don't spread / puff up much during baking, you can put them close together to maximize space.

I loved the idea of the vented storage case with slots so the disks stay upright, but the thin plastic hinges feel like they might break sooner rather than later. The press itself is very sturdy, with a nonslip bottom and a nonslip handle / plunger.

Overall, the OXO Good Grips Cookie Press is an item that I plan on using frequently year-round. It's so easy to use that kids can help out as well!

(See my photos above for a look at how the six designs I tried turned out)
review image
Package Quantity: 1Size: AVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I tried the Good Grips cookie press using the chocolate shortbread cookie recipe in the instrucion manual. The manual is easy to understand and includes three recipes and two variations in all. The recipes did not include any hard to find ingredients, were simple, and easy to follow. The design disks included are snowflake, heart, buttercup, shell, wreath, tree, sunflower, daisy, fleur de lis, bear, leaf, and butterfly. I used the shell, buttercup, fleur de lis, bear, and butterly disks. They all worked well with the exception of the butterfly disk. The dough seemed to stick to the bottom of the cookie press and not release well using the butterfly disk. I loved the other disks so much, I consider this a small issue.

The quality of the disks were very nice and stainless steel, not as thin as the disk set that came with my previous cookie press and I did not have any issues with warping. The barrel of the cookie press is a thick plastic material that is listed as BPA free. I am not impressed by clear barrels myself as I do not find it impossible to tell when the cookie press is near empty using the plunger depth as a guide but I love, just love, the plastic disk storage case and new to me disk designs.

The disks are dishwasher safe but the cookie press itself is not so I just wash them all by hand. A bottle brush would be nice to have and make cleaning easy peasy. The barrel was comfortable to hold, the plunger much easier to use and I never had to fiddle with it because it never twisted the wrong way. Much simpler to use than my other presses simply because the plunger does not rotate due to the release button that is used instead. Love that! One hassle gone! My old cookie press had a rotating plunger and it rotated when it wasn't supposed to therefore my cookies did not ratchet out of the press properly leading to a problem this design does not have. A headache solved.

As a scout mom, I am so delighted with the fleur de lis and the bear is so adorable, and the shell is so pretty. So much nicer than the disks in my other cookie presses. I am really pleased with the press. I am far fom a spritz expert and if anyone has any tips on getting a better result with the butterfly press I would really love to hear it. The ones that did come off were nice but overall it really did not work well for me. After swapping the disk to a different design I was back in business again. The other disks worked for me much better and really did not depend on a chilled cookie sheet. The bear worked so well, it stuck onto an unwashed cookie sheet from a previous batch and the instructions say to use a clean, ungreased cookie sheet, washing between batches.

Overall, I am very pleased with the product and would recommend this cookie press to friends. My one very minor gripe, aside from the butterfly disk, would be my wish that they showed the finished cookie along with the design disk images inside the product manual and not just on the box. The disk images are labeled inside the back of the manual but the finished cookie image is not included with it. They are all so pretty and inspiring it would be nice to not have to save the box in order to see the finished cookies as the box is larger than the box for my other two cookie presses. I am sure I can photocopy it. Overall, I love it.
on January 9, 2013
I am really enjoying my new cookie press but there was a learning curve. I am familiar with cookie presses so when I went to use it for the first time I didn't bother to read any of the directions...this resulted in a somewhat lack luster experience. Frustrated, I went back to read the directions and AHA it is recommended for use on a cold or room temperature ungreased cookie sheet (I was trying to use it with parchment paper on a cookie sheet I had accidentally left in my oven while pre-heating it). Also, don't be alarmed if the first couple of cookies don't turn out right, just scrape them off the baking sheet and put them back in the bowl for later re-use.
Another feature I like is how easy it is to make the cookies. I am used to my grandmothers all stainless steel version which really might be from the 40's and cramps my hand terribly with this crazy spring. I might actually make spritz cookies all year long instead of just at the Holidays because this one is so easy with just a push of the lever. Overall this is a really good product.
on June 1, 2013
I am in love, love, love with this product. it is the ultimate cookie press. I have no regrets or concerns with this product. evesince I got my cookie press I have been baking cookies 2-3 times a week. I suffer of RA and it has been a joy using this cookie press. it is not a stiff or difficult cookie press. I own about 4 cookie press but all are very stiff and difficult for me to use, but with this one it is a relief. I so happy I got this product.
on December 10, 2013
I purchased this cookie press with thoughts of "upgrading" my old aluminum Mirro that I got at a garage sale about 15 years ago. Thank goodness my Mirro still works because this was NOT an upgrade. I tried using the Oxo press to make my tried and true buttery spritz recipe and the ratcheting mechanism was not up to the task. The only way I could get it to work was by pushing down on the knob of the plunger while pumping the lever. When the barrel was full of dough it often took two pumps of the lever, while pushing down on the knob, to produce a cookie. I called Oxo to report this issue and the representative claimed they were unaware of the problem and perhaps I should try one of their recipes instead. If I can't use the press to make MY recipe, why would I want the press? Needless to say I will be returning the Oxo cookie press.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2012
Package Quantity: 1Size: AVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The quality of this cookie press is outstanding. The stainless steel design discs are of excellent quality especially, and the plastic case for them has great details, including vents in case you pack 'em away after cleaning. I really like the set-up of it and how the press does the work of knowing how much dough to dispense.

The main problem I found in using it is that it requires a special consistency of dough. I have a favorite recipe for figured cookies, and that stiff dough just won't work with this press. Either my wrist was going to break, or the cookie press, or both. Oxo, in an included booklet, provides three recipes they say work with the press, but that was a warning sign to me as soon as I saw it. To me that means, okay, it does *not* work with certain doughs, then, and may not work with the one I wanted to use it with. I have some suggestions for using it and will get to those later. You may be more interested in the cookies themselves!

The designs are approximately 1" x 1 1/2", creating bite-sized cookies. There are three Christmas designs: a tree, snowflake, and wreath. There are three flower designs: a buttercup, daisy, and sunflower. There are an additional six designs: a bear, butterfly, fleur de lis, heart, leaf, and shell.

Here are some things I have learned along the way:

(1) You must use moist dough. If your favorite figured cookie dough doesn't work, you can try adding a little more liquid until it goes through easily. Don't force the press. If the lever doesn't press down easily, the dough is too stiff.

(2) It's best to use the plunger (just by hand) while adding dough. Add a bit of dough, then use the plunger to tamp it down. Repeat until the chamber is full. Having the dough pressed in well to begin with will help the cookies turn out better and come out of the press more consistently.

(3) Not all of the designs work as well as others. There are some that have such thin openings, the dough has a tough time getting through. I've also found that the butterfly tends to break after baking since it's so thin where the wings attach to the body; the bear had similar problems. Be sure to try all of them so you can find the ones that work best for you. Of course, eating any broken cookies isn't a bad thing.

(4) Because it makes such bite-sized cookies, the baking duration on your favorite recipe may have to be lowered.

I was set to give the press one-star when I first started using it, but these steps have helped me to really like it! The only reason I took a star off is because I wish the cookie press had more "oomph" and ability to handle dough with a thicker consistency.
VINE VOICEon December 27, 2012
Package Quantity: 1Size: AVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've never had a cookie press, but always wanted one. Due to my infrequent baking sprees I never got one. When I saw this one come up on the Vine review list--lets just say I did a happy dance.

The cookie press arrived very quickly--on Christmas eve in fact. We all know how busy Christmas eve can be doing last minute shopping, baking, arranging, entertaining and whatever! However, I couldn't wait to use my cookie press. It was kind of like the proverbial kid in a candy store analogy. I don't bake frequently, but found a recipe I liked online--in this case one provided by Martha Stewart's site which featured lots of vanilla (my favorite flavoring). I printed off the recipe, got the ingredients out and went to town with my very very new cookie press.

I had read the one-star review about the cookies being uneven and yes the first one was, but the directions had mentioned the first one or two might be. The author also had trouble with the dough coming out of the cylinder. So before I used mine I did an Internet search on how to use one and looked for tips and hints that would avoid the one-star reviewer's experience. After using the cookie press, I noticed the cookies got less 'pretty' and the dough was less malleable as it got warmer. I put the dough in the refrigerator for ten minutes or so and that seemed to solve the problems.

The OXO Good Grips Cookie Press contains the cookie press, 12 stainless steel disks, a holder for the disks (I really liked this feature--no searching in a junk drawer for your disks), and an easy-to-use instruction booklet. The booklet also contains a couple of recipes. I ended up using the Martha Stewart online recipe which is very much like the Butter Cookie recipe.

Anyhow, I really had fun using the OXO cookie press and making all sorts of shapes with the 12 disks. Like I said earlier--I was like the kid in the candy store. I'd make a tree or a sunflower or bear and call everyone over to "LOOK AT THIS!" Soon the house began to empty out as everyone left tired of my constant exclaiming! However, they came back in plenty of time to sample the cookies. The kids loved the teddy bears and butterfly shapes.

Soooo happy I am now a proud owner of a cookie press!