Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
OXO Good Grips Professional 8-Inch Slicing Knife
|Price:||$19.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 8-inch slicing knife for slicing roast meats, poultry, and smoked fish
- Sharp, stainless-steel full-tang blade provides proper balance
- Black, ergonomically correct, nonslip rubber handle ensures safe, secure grip
- Dishwasher safe, but washing by hand and promptly drying recommended
- Measures approximately 13 inches long; lifetime warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
We use it in our fish market to skin fish and to cut thin slices of smoked salmon for our
customers. The price is right and it fits with our professional knives in meeting our needs.
I will certainly purchase this knife again.
The good: The balance of the knife is nearly perfect. If you grasp it properly (I use the grip taught at the knife skills class at ICE in New York City) the knife sliced effortlessly through the chicken and the watermelon I used as a test bed. The soft grip is non-slip and comfortable. Again, ICE says that a professional knife has to feel comfortable or it will make your hand cramp over a day's cutting in a restaurant kitchen.
The not-so-good: It seems that the knife was not completely honed when it left the factory because the back half of the blade had a very sharp edge. It cut effortlessly from about the mid-point of the blade to the handle. However, from the tip to the mid-point, the edge was quite dull - surprisingly so when compared the the superb edge on back half. I did a little experiment on a tomato, sliding the blade from tip to handle across the skin. The knife didn't break the skin until I got half way through the 8 inch blade and then, it went through like (warning - cliche here) a hot knife through butter!
Bottom line: This is a decent knife. I let a couple of other friends who are cooks use it and asked for their opinions. The men thought that the knife was a little light, the women, all thought it was spot on. Everyone liked the handle and the balance so the basics of the knife are quite good.Read more ›
I am not a professional chef or a knife expert, so I am rating this knife from the standpoint of the general kitchen user, and I found the following:
· This knife had a nice balance and the soft grip made it easy to hold without slipping - a great plus. This knife is great for things like slicing meat, but its 8-inch length makes it a bit cumbersome for jobs where a shorter knife might be a bit more appropriate. However, if you want a shorter knife OXO makes a 6-inch model that except for the length is similar to this one.
· Reasonably sharp out of the package. I had no problems cutting meat and soft tomatoes.
Minor Concerns -
· This knife was extremely difficult to remove from its plastic packaging. Ordinarily I would not even mention this, but this is dangerous when dealing with a sharp knife that has no protection inside of the plastic case, so that if you slip in removing the knife you could be severely injured.
· The knife does not come with a protective case or sheath. I realize that expensive knives do not necessarily come with a sheath or protective case (except for transporting them), as it is sacrilege not to store a knife in an oak block, ready for their use. However, this is not an expensive knife and I no longer use my oak blocks because they take up too much counter space, and I do not have a magnetic wall knife holder. Many of my knives do come with a sheath of some sort so that you can store the knife in a draw, which is how I store them, which is fine for my purposes. I therefore had to make a sheath out of the cardboard insert in the package that the knife came with, but I should not have had to this.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Sharp blade, comfortable handle. Blade is not too thin, will be able to sharpen in the future.Published 25 days ago by AnnieRose
Perhaps this is over-reaction to the joy of having a sharp carving knife after having dull or blunt ones.
This knife has a good feel to it for a medium sized hand. Read more
This is honestly the best knife I've ever bought! I researched before buying this because I wanted something that felt good in my hand, wouldn't break easily, and would glide... Read morePublished 5 months ago by nurseangelasunshine
I have some regular OXO knives with the larger handles, they work okay. The professional handles are great, mush nicer than my Heinkels that are years old. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Daniel Andrews
Great for slicing up a roast. Works really well and very sharp, nice weight in my hand. (I have smallish hands but found it easy to use)Published 11 months ago by SmartShopper
A very nice knife at a great price. I would have given it 5 stars, but the packaging that it came in is by far the worst packaging I've ever seen. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Steven Lewis
Nice and sharp and easy to keep sharpened. Perfect shape and length for slicing meats and poultry.Published 12 months ago by heart to heart