Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "OXO Good Grips Silicone Oven Mitt with Magnet, Lic...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 18% off the $14.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
OXO Good Grips Silicone Oven Mitt with Magnet, Licorice Black
|Price:||$14.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 600°F heat-safe; Flame, stain & steam resistant silicone grip
- Soft, fabric liner for added insulation and comfort; Non-slip silicone ribs for improved dexterity and grip
- Convenient storage with embedded Magnet and silicone hanging loop
- Easy to clean with a damp cloth
- Machine washable
- 13" length for extra protection
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Resistant to flame, stain and steam, this silicone oven mitt in black from OXO Good Grips can withstand heat up to 600 degrees F and will keep your hand cool and comfortable thanks to the interior fabric. The thick, multi-layer fabric liner brings additional thermal insulation, yet lets your hand breathe to prevent sweating. The mitt's unique silicone rib design improves flexibility and dexterity, and provides a secure grip even on slippery surfaces. Measuring 13 inches in length, the mitt is long enough to protect the wrist and forearm and fits either your right or left hand. It's also easy to store via the embedded magnet--allowing you to hang the mitt on still surfaces--or via the included hook. To clean, just wipe with a damp sponge, or wash and dry in the laundry machine.
Color: Black | Package Quantity: 1
Top Customer Reviews
1. The most critical thing is the poor "flex pattern" which makes picking up items and gripping them very awkward. In the least case, I'd order TWO of these if you feel this is the glove you want.. this is so you can use both hands to grip anything you want to pick up.. this is the only way you'll really get much of a grip and be confident that you can move hot items safely to where you're going.
2. This fits poorly. I have largish hands I guess but many men especially will have even larger hands.. the fingers are more than adequate.. they in fact are too long.. 1.5" longer than my fingers.. but it also is very tight around my knuckles (where the fingers join your hand) and even tighter if you try to "grip" something. Though this makes it slightly uncomfortable, the main reason I mention it is that I worry that this MAY eventually pull the seam out..
3. Of lesser issue, but still to be considered is that the material, though tough and rubbery, CAN BE TORN on any jab by a sharp or pointed surface.. and of course once this is done, the glove is pretty much not going to serve it's purpose anymore.
I've looked at other gloves and most have similar or worse problems. I guess we're still just up in the air until someone comes up with the truly functional item.
edit: minor change 7/24/09
Just imagine the way a crab/lobster claw works. That is about the limit to the dexterity you will have gripping pot handles. A better solution for flexibility is to buy a pair of "Ove Gloves".
I have always liked OXO products. This was my first bad experience with them.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
May work well, especially if you have GIANT hands... Otherwise, your hands might trip and you could drop that damn hot dish...Published 8 days ago by Jordan
Nice and thick, the magnet is a great idea, just wish they put a magnet on both sides of the glove, sometimes I have to flip the glove around to get it to stick.Published 13 days ago by Weny
These oven mitts with magnets are AWESOME. They protect well with high heat; I used them on piping hot glass or aluminum pans right out of the oven. Read morePublished 21 days ago by J. M. Gamiao
These are great against heat, but they severely limit your dexterity.Published 22 days ago by Michael G
I love the magnet feature on this and love that it is a traditional oven glove. The fit is fantastic on me. I have ound so many of the traditional mitts these days run small. Read morePublished 28 days ago by Tara M
Very heat resistant, but the thumb is so big it is always in the way and getting in the foodPublished 28 days ago by Peter Irey