5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Size - Good for small cleanups
Probably like most people, I had an ancient "crumb brush" where the bristles barely bristled. It was time for a new one when I found this for an excellent price on Amazon.

It looks nice with the colored rubber handle and trim. The brush bristles are soft and flexible and much better than the older ones I had in the house.

I wasn't sure how big it...
Published on April 26, 2011 by Robert Cowper

2.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointed. Why is it so hard?
Published on April 13, 2012 by Katie Washington

2.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointed. Why is it so hard?, April 13, 2012
This review is from: OXO Tot Mini Dust Pan And Brush Set, Orange (Baby Product)
Why is it so hard to make an adequate dust pan? The two key features of a dust pan are 1-the interior lip that keeps the dirt you've already swept into the pan from falling out as you tilt it and continue to try to sweep the remaining dirt into the pan, and 2-the rubber, silicone, or plastic edge that comes in contact with the floor and makes it possible to sweep dirt INTO the pan rather than UNDER the pan.

This dustpan fails on both counts. Because the rubber/silicone edge is so terrible, you end up spending a minute or two trying to get all the dirt in the pan, and because the interior lip is too shallow, you end up dumping the dirt out you've already managed to corral into it. The basic fault is that the silicone/rubber edge is not firm enough. I purchased two and both came with differently mis-shaped rubber edges. One was bent forward and one was bent halfway back.

This is far more detail than a prospective customer needs in a review, but I'm going to go ahead and include it in case Oxo reads this. The rubber/silicone edge is way too flexible. I realize it's a fine line to walk since it needs to be flexible enough to keep contact with the floor edge without gaps, but if it's TOO flexible and the edge is paper thin as this one is, it bends UP and lets dirt under it. Can't you guys figure out a formula that's the right level of flexible? I'll be happy to field test it for you.

I am a consumer that does lots of research before purchasing, usually that means reading lots of reviews and comments on Amazon and getting a consensus. That's why I usually end up purchasing an Oxo product. They're pretty consistently affordable and effective. This one was a real disappointment. The week after I received these, I was at an everything's a dollar store and found there a dustpan that I think works just as well as this one at a fifth the price. It isn't perfect, and if anyone could make a perfect one, Oxo could, but for now I'm about to just buy a hand vacuum and avoid dustpans altogether.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good design with minimal flaws, January 3, 2012
This review is from: OXO Tot Mini Dust Pan And Brush Set, Orange (Baby Product)
I do love this little mini set. I nail it to the wall near the cat litter and use it to sweep up the stray litter that comes out of the box when the kids use the toilet. I like how the brush fits nicely in the handle of the pan (it just pushes in there and is help by tension and grip). The color is also nice and appealing - it is not super bright or dull.

The only things I have found wring is that the lip on the pan may not be raised enough because sometimes I accidentally end up pouring all the litter back on the floor because I tip it just a little too much. Also, I find that I have to do more sweeps that desired to get all the loose litter into the pan. I have to use short quick sweeps because the big litter chunks somehow get missed when brushing too slowly or too lightly. It might be because the bristles on the brush are very very soft and flexible. I think it would work really well with kitchen crumbs and the like but it may not be heavy duty enough for larger crumbs such as litter. Hope this helps..

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Size - Good for small cleanups, April 26, 2011
This review is from: OXO Tot Mini Dust Pan And Brush Set, Orange (Baby Product)

I wasn't sure how big it was going to actually be compared to ones I already had. It was the perfect size, though, for small dry spills around the kitchen or even in the car.

Good product, good brand, great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Camping!, December 18, 2011
This review is from: OXO Tot Mini Dust Pan And Brush Set, Orange (Baby Product)
I was looking for a really small dust pan and brush to take on my camping trips and this set is perfect. When it's time to break down camp I'm able to brush out the floor of the tent and make sure there are no leaves or dirt left inside. There are so many practical uses for this awesome little set no matter where you use it, and OXO makes some wonderful products that last for a long time.

This OXO Tot Mini Dust Pan and Brush Set is even smaller than their OXO Good Grips Mini Dust Pan and Brush Set which is the reason why I bought it (it's also quite a bit less expensive). If I were going to use it at home or in a specific place on a regular basis, I might possibly want something a little larger, but since I use this almost exclusively for camping, this was perfect for me, and even better than whisk broom/dust pan combos that are designed specifically for camping. If you want a tiny little brush/pan set that takes up practially no space and is excellent at sweeping up small spills, this is it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and educational--who would have guessed?, February 2, 2013
This review is from: OXO Tot Mini Dust Pan And Brush Set, Orange (Baby Product)
I was kind of hesitant to buy this because I wasn't sure I needed this in addition to my normal sized dust pan and brush. But ultimately I purchased because I thought it would be easier to have around for cleaning baby-sized messes. Plus, I can avoid using the standard sized one which always seems to have a significant amount of residual dust in the brush and pan no matter how much I tap or manually remove.

The topper was that my 11 month old is taken to copying us, and he enjoys "sweeping" with this mini-sized tool when I use the larger one! For that, it was well worth having a pint-sized version.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not stand up to the job, July 31, 2012
This review is from: OXO Tot Mini Dust Pan And Brush Set, Orange (Baby Product)
I purchased this dustpan to put next to my litterbox to sweep up stray bits of litter. Unfortunately, this does not do a good job. The bristles are too soft and it's really ineffective. I also wish the silicone edge were a bit firmer as the contents are very easily to spill out. Sure, it's cute, the colors are appealing and the brush fits snugly into the pan, but it just doesn't seem practical.

4.0 out of 5 stars OXO Tot Mini Dust Pan And Brush Set, Orange, May 4, 2013
This review is from: OXO Tot Mini Dust Pan And Brush Set, Orange (Baby Product)
I originally bought this for the wife to use within the kitchen, light sweptwing with scrums and small debris. However, she did not like it, so I use it in the garage on my assembly table when minor wood debris gets scattered on the table. Woodworkers, you will love this when you are countersinking, biscuit joinery or screwing wood products. You will not be disappointed with the low costs either - hope this helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars For my toddler, April 3, 2013
This review is from: OXO Tot Mini Dust Pan And Brush Set, Orange (Baby Product)
My toddler son loves playing with real things and copying me. I got him this along with a child-sized broom to play clean up. He enjoys it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Smaller then you think, January 8, 2014
This review is from: OXO Tot Mini Dust Pan And Brush Set, Orange (Baby Product)
really really tiny. Make sure you break out your ruler (the small pen size one is fine) to understand the size. Good for sweeping junk of a small table, but that is about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got for my son, March 20, 2013
Amberly Lebeck (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXO Tot Mini Dust Pan And Brush Set, Orange (Baby Product)
My 3 y/o is sort of a messy eater, as most toddlers are, and he still thinks cleaning is fun. I got this for him, told him it belonged only to him and made it all very special. When I ask him to sweep up under the table, he sits under there forever getting every last crumb! He loves it! It's perfect size for his hands!