Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

on November 25, 2012
We cook our own baby food and use these containers to store the food in our freezer. At the moment we are mainly using the smaller containers - these hold the perfect amount for one meal for our baby (2 oz) and they can easily be transported without anything spilling. As our daughter gets older it will be nice to be able to feed her from the 4 oz containers, so it is convenient that we already have some food stored away in those, too. Because of the tray that comes with them the containers stay in place in the freezer and as they are transparent, I can immediately see what kind of food they contain.
The only thing I don't like so much is that the lid is a little hard to open. That does not bother me enough to not give this great product five stars, though. All in all I very much recommend this product and will probably get another set as soon as we want to add a little more variety to our baby's meals and store more than 6 portions at once.
66 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2014
I bought these to store my homemade baby food. They ended up not being a very practical purchase, especially for the price. The small ones are smaller than I was expecting, and so I would need to fill 2 of these for a meal for my baby most likely. I also like to make baby food in large batches, and it just wasn't convenient to put it in all these small little jars. They also took up more room in the freezer than I would have liked.

Instead I chose to freeze my baby food in ice tray style trays, and then once they were frozen, pop them out and store them in ziploc bags. This was a better method for me. Then I could also have access to lots of frozen baby food, without taking up much space.
on July 28, 2015
They were fantastic while they didn't crack. I hand washed them and only froze them a few times. They started cracking three months after use and and are no longer usable. This is a very expensive product for only three months of use.
review image
on September 18, 2014
These are great for baby food and a reasonable price for plastic cups. I love that there are two sizes so that as she grows, we can use the big ones for other things like Cheerios, Goldfish crackers, and finger foods like green beans. The small ones are perfect for pureed baby food, and the lid is very secure. That's important for us because it gets tossed into her cooler along with her bottles for daycare, and I am confident it won't open and spill all over the bag. I also love the plastic holder.... it's an easy way to keep a section of the fridge or freezer just for baby food.

The one star off is for the design of the lids. The clear potion is separate from the green part. It can be taken out completely so that you can just use the green ring by itself, but I am not sure what I would use that for. Right now, it just means that hand washing and drying take a little more effort. I am afraid to put them back together after they're dried because that gap between the clear plastic lid and the green part could mildew. Don't get me wrong, they are extremely secure when you put the lid on the "jar" or base, and it won't just fall out of the green ring. But there is a little gap between the two pieces when you remove the lid to feed baby. I am not sure why it was designed that way... maybe to ensure that it's airtight somehow. Anyway, not a big deal and certainly not a deal-breaker. Just be aware so that you are sure to fully air dry the lids before storing them snapped onto the container.
on April 17, 2014
They are by far the best storage containers and i bought two sets. But I wish they come in glass instead of plastic. They are super easy to clean and allow you to clean them up very thoroughly. But if you use a powerful microwave a tad too long, they can easily get cracked/deformed. So whenever I defrost a homemade baby food, I have to nuke it very gently for a while and then transfer to a dish as I don't feel safe to nuke plastic too long. For that, I took one star off.
on April 1, 2014
I bought these for my daughter-in-law when it became clear that she would NOT feed her son (my grandson) processed baby foods (and I admire her for that). She was thrilled with these and used them until he grew out of them. They're a great way to store your own homemade baby food, they stack well, and easily keep things organized. Can't think of a single thing not to like!
on June 24, 2014
I wanted to use glass for all of my daughter's food, but daycare wouldn't let me send it in, so I tried these. Well, they have been way better than the GreenSprouts glass containers in the long run.

Pros: Multiple sizes. Measurements/markings won't rub off. Tight seal. Stack nicely with or without the tray. Haven't stained or cracked. Lids come apart/go together easily. Easy to clean by hand or dishwasher (see below). Room on lids of both sizes for a Dr. Brown's dot label.

Cons: Not 100% leak proof in every situation (but pretty close). Will etch/pit if overheated (This happened at daycare; we only heat on 1/2 power at home). If using the dishwasher (or at least a crappy one like ours), gunk can get stuck in the lid, so it's best to hand wash or take the lids completely apart (I recommend doing this often anyway).

My daughter is no longer eating soft foods, but we still use these to portion her meals for daycare. And the 2 oz container makes a fantastic salad dressing holder for my own lunches!
on March 2, 2014
I purchased these after much research and I give them 4 stars. I had a cat that was very sick so I was making her homemade food and needed food in small doses for syringe feeding. I wanted containers that were convenient but most importantly, ones that were BPA, pthalate and PVC free.

It's nice that these are stackable and even though I didn't read the description carefully enough (I thought all the cubes would be the small size but am now grateful for the larger ones!) I am mostly pleased with these.

My biggest complaint is that the insides of these have scratched (thank goodness these are free from most VOCs) and turned into a "milky white" in places. I've only ever used food, plastic syringes and stainless steel spoons in these- never anything sharp or jagged. I don't put these in the dishwasher- I prefer to wash them by hand. I occasionally use them in the microwave but always with the top off.

I did use these multiple times per day every single day for about 2.5 months so maybe my over-use of them has caused the scratching.

They're still perfectly functional so I'll keep using them.

I would recommend these to anyone who needs to syringe feed a sick pet (cat or small dog) for mixing and storing food. I don't have kids but I imagine this is perfect for people who make homemade baby food as well.
on August 5, 2015
This set includes a rectangular tray with 6 containers with lids, plus a square container with 4 containers with lids. The smaller containers are 2 oz each and include 1 and 2 ounce markings on the side. The larger containers are 4 ounces and include 1-4 ounce markings. The trays stack on top of each other, and you can buy more of the size you use the most to complete your set (which is especially helpful if you are going to freeze some food).

The green lids are snap on securely and seal completely so nothing gets in and nothing gets out. I prefer to heat food in a hot water bath rather than in the microwave to avoid hot spots, so a tight-fitting lid is important. However, the company advertises that you can microwave them safely if you prefer.

The individual containers are nice and portable and, again, since the lids seal completely, they can be tossed into a diaper bag and taken along on outings. They fit securely into the trays so they won't topple out if jostled in the fridge, but they're not so snug as to be difficult to remove, even one-handed. And let's face it--you NEED to be able to do things one-handed if you are shopping for these!

I love that I can store, freeze, refrigerate, heat, and serve all in the same container--I looked at too many baby food containers that were not useful for all of these! I like that the tray and cups are separate because that is part of why you can do all this with one container. Less mess! Less to wash!
on August 10, 2014
I liked these just fine the first few months but then the little center rubber piece in the lids started falling out. Not a huge deal and still a good product but the sprout containers are cheaper and I like them better. They screw closed so you don't have the stupid rubber piece and I would imagine they get a tighter seal. They also fit together like leggos for stacking.