5.0 out of 5 stars Pour les bonnes temps!!, June 25, 2010
BookDoc (Cape Girardeau, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oak Alley Plantation Cooking (Hardcover)
One of my major concerns in cookbooks is that I NOT get one in which you practically travel off-planet for ingredients, then use tools common to Medieval feudal-lords' kitchens to put it together.

Oak Alley's cookbook is a DELIGHTFUL addition to my collection, with delicious Southern recipes--both traditional and new--that please both family and guests. And the recipes are easy to construct. The jambalaya and the cream-cheese steak rolls were both superb. And it contains not one but several excellent bread-pudding recipes that are par excellence. If you love Down South cooking, and you appreciate good instructions, this is a must-have cookbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars great cookbook, January 21, 2011
This review is from: Oak Alley Plantation Cooking (Hardcover)
I was able to have access to this book before I bought it. The person I borrowed it from told me and my wife that she had cooked just about every meal from the cookbook and loved everyone of them. My wife cooked several of them herself and we loved them as well. We have since cooked other things and have not found anything that we do not like. We also add other ingredients or substitute ingedients and still have not found anything we haven't enjoyed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book of Southern Recipes, February 11, 2014
This review is from: Oak Alley Plantation Cooking (Hardcover)
Beautiful cookbook full of Southern recipes to delight your taste buds. Beautiful illustrations in pictures and recipes. Love the cover. Anything you'd want to know about cooking Southern.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, December 29, 2013
This review is from: Oak Alley Plantation Cooking (Hardcover)
After a visit to Oak Alley, my husband and I had to have the recipe for the gumbo. We bought the book and were pleasnatly surprised at all the other recipes the cookbook had to offer.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING COOKBOOK WITH A CAJUN FLAIR, November 23, 2012
This review is from: Oak Alley Plantation Cooking (Hardcover)
A beautifully illustrated cookbook with wonderful, authentic New Orleans recipes that are perfect for distinctive entertaining or parties. Highly recommended.

Oak Alley Plantation Cooking
Oak Alley Plantation Cooking by Oak Alley Plantation Restaurant (Hardcover - 2003)
Used & New from: $4.60