Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Oak Anders Nicholson® System
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on December 3, 2011
I bought this record player as a gift for my girlfriend, because she was in love with my Crosley record player. We had a slight issue the first night we played it -- records kept skipping needlessly. I took a look at it and the issue was simple. The arm is too heavy, and the head isn't heavy enough. So, because most vinyls are warped, the head would slip off the record every so often because it's so light. I simply taped a nickel to the head to give it some weight and now it sounds terrific. And, unlike my Crosley, this record player can really put out some sound without external speakers. You can add an equalizer and/or speakers if you wish, but they aren't necessary (like with my Crosley). This player works all by itself. With a CD Player, cassette player, radio and iPod adapter, you've got everything you need for a great home listening center. This player is a steal.

Highly recommend. Do the nickel trick, and you'll fall in love with this equipment immediately.
55 comments| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2011
We have been looking around to find a turntable to play some LP records we recently acquired. It's really hard to find a good one we discovered so I decided to look on my old faithful Amazon. This is a great machine! The records play great plus there is an AM/FM radio, cassette player and even an MP3 player. The sound is very good and it looks good too. We are extremely happy with this item and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
33 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2013
Like you I looked on the reviews before purchasing a record player. I maybe play a record once a month, but wanted something that looked nice in my office.

This product looks great, but is complete junk. The needle doesn't stay down to play the albums after about a 6 weeks of occasional use. So I have a nice paper weight.

The company Heartland only offers a 30 day warranty. DO NOT BUY THIS RECORD PLAYER!!

You will be throwing money out the window. I never write reviews on products, but for this one I had to warn people.
44 comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2012
Was given as a Christmas gift and the price was amazing....less than $100. The shipping was reasonable and by all accounts, the recipient was extremely pleased with all of the features and the quality of the sound.
on March 7, 2013
It's hard to beat the price of this with all of the features that it has, but there are many downsides to it. I've had this product for nearly a year now and the cassette player stopped working out of nowhere after I've only used it a handful of times at most. I mainly use this for the turntable and the sound from the built-in speakers could only be described as maybe average at best. I eventually hooked up some 2.0 computer speakers through the headphone jack and the sound was a vast improvement, I highly recommend doing this if the sound doesn't meet your standards and have limited space. As long as everything else stays in working order, I won't have many other complaints.
on June 23, 2015
I bought this product in November for occasional use in my recently-finished cabin. It looked great on an oak table, and for six months of only occasional use it worked well, including sound quality. The other morning there was no sound; the turntable worked, the CD lights came on so obviously the problem wasn't electric. I took it to a repair place that very quickly determined the output IC is out, and they also determined they cannot find one to replace it anywhere. Heartland America would not replace the unit or offer to help in any way. The product and the vendor both are so cheap that a cheap product ended being way too expensive. Getting a telephone number for Anders Nicholson appears to be impossible.
on June 11, 2014
Hi, while they had a decent feedback rating when I bought the product I will remember in the future to pay more attention to the negative reviews. Though I will never work with this company again. First of all the machine is nothing more than a cheap Chinese entertainment center made to look retro. Secondly it came to me with a broken spring at the back of the turntable. The shipping package was fine so it probably was defective. Come to find out the piece that attached to the spring was just a cheap piece of plastic that also attached to the motor. When I called to get it replace I was told that I had to pay shipping costs. Okay fine do I get reimbursed after it is verified broken? No. So my cheap, plastic Chinese center now costs over $130. I've taken it apart to repair it myself. It costs less. Heartland America (which buys its products from China) can go to heck.
on June 16, 2013
My son was excited to get this as a gift from me. It is a very nice looking electronic, however, the turntable did not work! I didn't buy this as a CD player, so I returned it! Hopefully I will get my money back soon! Color me disappointed!
on January 21, 2014
I bought this record player for my granddaughter for Christmas. It doesn't work at all; the turn table rubs heavily on the back edge of the case and we are returning it. There may have been some damage in shipping, but the carton and packing materials appear perfect so I doubt it. At this point, I'm not sure if we will ask for a replacement or find another product. I have an "old time" style player that my granddaughter loves, so I wanted to buy one for her own. This product feels cheap, in addition to non-functional. Disappointed!!!

(Later) We did replace this record player. The turn table is fine, but the CD player does not work AT ALL!! Since my granddaughter plays most records and has another CD player, I'm not going to go through the trouble of returning this player but do not order this product. It is junk.
on May 10, 2014
Do your research. Don't buy it because it looks cute because it WILL break. I bought a cheaper one for 50 bucks, maybe less and it hasn't given me problems ever. It has a tape deck, cd and radio....and that's all you will have after the record player breaks. A heavy ass useless box.