Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Polished Black Frame/Grey Lens|Change

on July 21, 2011
Pleased with the glasses but they are definitely for a small face. After reading reviews I took this into consideration and am very glad I did. Reviews do help.
on March 25, 2012
Its been a few years since I purchased a pair of Oakleys and these didn't really seem to be of the same quality I was expecting based on my previous purchases. They are very VERY light and plastic feeling, maybe they would have held up long term, but they felt particularly delicate to me. They fit my 10 year daughter perfectly but really didn't do a very good job covering the bottom portion of my eyes. Hard to explain the fit but they should be classified as a juvenile or Asian fit.

*I also wanted to mention that I find it very disturbing that anybody that gives their honest opinion about these sunglasses with a less than 5 star rating is instantly mobbed with "unhelpful" votes. You can look down the list of reviews and see it is true. I'm sure I will be the next victim but this is incredibly unfair. Do you guys want honest opinions from real users to base your purchases on or you you want a bunch of fanboys trying to justify their own purchases? Shame.
66 comments|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2014
I was looking for something that had a cool shape but was not too radical. When I saw these I crossed my fingers that they would fit me right. When I saw the specs (dimensions) I knew these were the ones.

I have a narrow face so finding sunglasses that fit me right is an issue, I'm not much for the "tv screen" look. The fit is just right and so far so good. They perform great in strong sunlight and the clarity is good.

Here's why no 5 stars.

1. NO CARRYING CASE! Let's be realistic, you NEED something to carry them in...cloth just doesn't cut it! Good thing I had a case from an old pair of Oakley's that these new ones fit in just right.
2. They feel a little flimsy compared to some of the other quality brands out there. I truly hope they hold up.

Here's a tip to buying shades. Look at the dimensions on the arm of a pair of sunglasses that fit you well and use that as a guide when buying. It may take a little getting used to but once you understand how it works you'll find buying what your looking for much smoother. It makes a world of difference.

I'm glad I found these, a great buy.
on September 9, 2013
It was listed as polarized but they were not. As far as fit, these things look and feel great. I think I tried on 100 pair of glasses between stores at the mall and nothing really looked right until I came across these at a sun glass shop. Looked on amazon and $20 cheaper with free 2 day shipping....gotta love amazon!
on November 13, 2012
Ordered these after trying different styles of Oakley sunglasses out at a retail store and found the Fives Squared to be the best fitting for me. Wanted a pair of sunglasses to use while driving to and from surf sessions during the day (usually wear prescription glasses but also use contact lenses - mainly for surfing). So these are not worn during "action sports" type activities or as a style accessory. Felt like trying a brand with a good reputation and still made in the USA - qualities Oakley sunglasses have. And if I didn't like them, at least I wouldn't be out big dollars if I had bought them at full retail price.
The verdict? I must have been crazy for having waited so long to buy a pair of decent sunglasses - the reduction in glare and the clarity these offer is a great relief for my eyes because using removable (soft) roof racks prevents the use of the car's visors. Plus being out on the water under the blazing Hawaiian sun for hours, one's eyes could use a break from all the glare. I'm so pleased with these, wouldn't mind getting a pair with polarized lenses since they are supposed to be even better. So 5 stars and no regrets.
on November 16, 2012
These glasses are too small. I will have to send them back. It doesn't say in the description but they are really narrow.
on September 6, 2012
I wear sunglasses all the time--even when it's not sunny, so obviously I'm a big fan of sunglasses. It was time to upgrade my current pair of glasses so I took to Amazon to look for a pair and came across these (I got the black frame/grey lens) and couldn't pass on a pair of Oakley's for $48. I haven't owned a pair of Oakley's in years, but always enjoyed the style and fit. I have had these for a few days now and I really like them. They fit like a glove on the face, are very stylish, and very light. They cover the eyes perfectly--not too big or too small to cover them up without letting much sunlight in. They have a perfect shade to them which blocks the sunlight out really nice. The only reason I took 1 star off was because due to how light they are and the material, I am concerned that they can easily be broken by someone sitting on them on accident. However, I would highly recommend these.
on December 26, 2013
I wear a 7 3/8 hat size, and have a broad face, so hard to find Oakleys that don't look like BCGs to fit me. These fit comfortably without pinching, and cover my eyes, peripheral and eyebrows without hugging my face too tightly. Very lightweight.

Mine were advertised as having polarized lenses and didn't come with them though - so not thrilled about that, but the black lenses are still Oakley quality.
on June 28, 2013
These glasses have great fit! They are polarized and provide excellent protection from the sun's glaring rays. I also feel like I look super cool in them! Lots of compliments too. I definitely recommend these shades.
on July 19, 2013
Solid, durable, decent looking specs. I'm not one to spend 300 smackers on sunglasses. I would inevitably run them over with my bike, then accidentally pee on them during the first week of ownership. These guys are terrific. I run a lot and ride my bike with these and they're really nice for an active lifestyle. I'm glad Oakley didn't try to sell me gas station quality glasses with their brand name on them. Somewhat rare these days when companies have as much pride as Oakley clearly has in their cheapest product offering.