5.0 out of 5 stars Oakley Glasses
Published on March 25, 2011 by Paul D. Talley

1.0 out of 5 stars Frame is great, lenses are awful.
UPDATE:

The lenses are not what the problem is. Upon very close inspection of the lenses, I have noticed that the lenses are still in great condition, it is the "Iridium" coating of the lenses that is scratched up really badly. I would absolutely not recommend getting any of the sunglasses with this coating, as it scratches very, very easily. I will be...
Published 14 months ago by Matthew

5.0 out of 5 stars Oakley Glasses, March 25, 2011
Seems like a lot of the negative reviews are from people who didn't "test drive" the glasses or do much research on the glasses before purchasing them. Oakleys are not cheap, by any means. They have a variety of glasses that serve different purposes and have different fits and lens shades. I have the polarized Straight Jackets and they fit me great. The Gascans, IMO, are more for a "fashion statement" as they had somewhat of a loose fit. They would not be well-suited for sports but would probably be great for driving or hanging around the pool. I use my Straight Jacket's for bike riding, driving, shooting, etc and they are an all-around great fitting pair of glasses with rubberized frame "sleeves" that help keep your glasses in place. Do your homework before spending $150+ for glasses!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Excellent Sun glasses", April 11, 2009
My Gascans arrived a couple of days ago. They looked even better in person than the pictures on amazon. I was very pleased when took them out the box. They came earlier than the vendor stated, would definately buy from this seller again. Perfect fit, very comfortable, and good coverage of sun blocking. I love the tint on the lense,they really brighten everything,and are great for cutting down on glare and contrast. The bronze is not to dark either. These are large and have somewhat bling styling, maynot be for everyone. One of the reviews I read earlier said that they didnt fit,but he stated that he was an average size guy. Well Oakley states that they are made for large melons. They make a Gascan small,that are styled a little diferently,and fit a little tighter. I would suggest to anyone to go to the mall and try on a pair before ordering. Sunglasses are like shoes,they all fit differently.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, July 8, 2011
This review is from: Oakley Men's GasCan Sunglasses (Eyewear)
These glasses are just amazing. They do not look very dark but they definately work. They reduce glare and brightness but they are not too dark as to when you wear them going inside that you are momentarily blind. They look great on too. Oakley's GasCans are EXCELLENT!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm 205 lbs and stomped on them. They didn't break. Superman's shades?, June 20, 2013
I usual don't write product reviews but I feel like I have to after an incident today. Okay first off, I always assumed my oakleys were overpriced b/c who wants to spend this money on sunglasses unless your one of "those guys" that collects them. I've had them for about 9 months now and they've been pretty good. For some reason they were on the floor while I was frantic trying to get out the door and just destroyed them. I don't mean i just lightly stepped I mean if there was a small animal under my feet it wouldve been roadkill. Think 205 lb bull in china shop. immediately I started freaking out because I saw 5 pieces on the floor. Then I looked closer and realized nothing was broken--I just snapped the pieces back together like a puzzle (the two sides the front then the two lenses). I just stood there in aw for about 30 seconds when I realized what just happened and that they still moved and fit exactly the same on my face.

4.0 out of 5 stars Oakley Gascan, March 14, 2010
Product came fast and was exactly what I ordered. Brand new nothing wrong with it. Everything it was suppose to come with. Would recommend to anyone if they are interested.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, December 17, 2012
These were the perfect gift for my boyfriend! They look awesome. the only downside is that they didn't come with a protective case, just the fabric bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon you guy's rock. All kind's of cool stuff on their. Thank's again A.., March 12, 2014
I give it 5 star's cause they look and fell great on me. Small sunglasses for my small head I'm happy with my purchase. Thank's Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, April 27, 2011
I was looking around at different retailers for these sunglasses and found them to cost over $100. I was glad when I found it here on Amazon.com for much less than retail stores. Great durable product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, September 21, 2010
I was worried about paying so much for sunglasses but honestly, I have a fat head and these are the only style glasses that fit my head. These glasses are awesome especially since they are polarized. I do not know how I have gone so long with out polarized lenses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built, June 28, 2012
JJ (Northeast Michigan) - See all my reviews
I've never thought Oakley's were worth the price, this is my first pair. I bought them because I liked the color and the style. I must say they are the most comfortable pair of sunglasses I have ever tried on. I have a wide face and they fit perfectly, it says in the description they are for medium to large faces and that is right on. They are light yet seem extremely durable. I have heard of people paying $125 for Oakley's and I would never pay that, but $75 isn't that bad. A good buy

Rate and Discover Movies