5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect travel bag
First I will say I got my bag through Oakley Standard Issue website for $99 so it was a great deal. I travel a lot for business, mainly 3-4 day trips and since I got this bag I no longer check bags for travel. I am writing this review while I am sitting in the Hotel filling it back up getting ready to fly back home. For this 3 day trip I packed in:

My Dell...
Published on November 17, 2011 by Sully

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Tacticool! But not very Practicool.
Published 21 months ago by cyberbullet

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect travel bag, November 17, 2011

My Dell E6510 15.6", charging cable, Ipad with charger, Bose headset (fits perfect in the sunglass holder on top), Dress pants, dress shirt, running shoes, baseball hat, 5xT-shirts, 3 pairs of socks, 2 boxershorts, 16 CD's, 16 3x5 pocket guides about 1/4inch thick each, magazine, Oakley glasses, My trusty travel coffee mug, and a small bag with travel approved bodywash, toothpaste, facewash, toothbrush, deoderant and electric razor.

I actually had room for an extra shirt and shotglass I picked up at the local Harley shop and still have a little room.

It's heavy but it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop/Business Backpack, January 16, 2012
After ripping through several "name-brand" laptop backpacks, I finally decided to spend the money on this monster and I could not be happier. I travel weekly, often on planes, and this thing looks and feels like it's brand new after 18 months of abuse. I load it up for almost every trip and it is always comfortable on my back even during long walks through airports. It is a little large for stowage under airplane seats, but I have not yet found a seat that it will not fit under. If it ever fails, I will most likely buy another one until someone can prove they build a superior bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bag but..., October 9, 2010
This bag is aptly named... almost The storage is very good including separate pouches for cell phones, iPods, or other digital devices to include up to a 17" laptop (although it might be harder to get to the laptop from the side access zipper if it is bigger than my 15" Macbook). There's even a hard pouch for sunglasses to keep them from being damaged. There are 2 reason I rated his bag 4 stars instead of 5. 1st off, there is not any protection from inclement weather (ie. a rain cover). My Lowepro slingshot bag that I use for photography has a built-in rain cover and you would think that a bag that costs as much as this Oakley bag one would include one as well. Secondly, the metal buckle is annoyingly loud when it is not being used. It jangles very audibly and this a distraction in class or at the library, although it is functional along with the chest strap. My old laptop bag did not have either and it dug into my shoulders, especially when riding my motorcycle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Large, heavy, expensive and brilliant, October 2, 2012
I've been a fan of Oakley bags for a long time before I bought the Kitchen Sink. The first impression after unpacking is that it's heavy, and it sure is. All the metal adds to the weight, but it does give a wicked look to the bag. I mainly use this bag for everything, and this is my weapon of choice during travelling. I've had this bag for about 2 years now and have flown around the world at least thrice with this on my back. Although heavy, this bag is extremely comfortable on the shoulders courtesy the padding and a little height adjustment. I have actually timed myself while carrying a full bag on my shoulders for about 3 hours plus before I became exhausted, but the shoulders were still good. The waist straps are full metal, which I simply tucked them away since I don't use them.

As for the space, let me give an example of my travel situation. I prefer to carry all my belongings in hand baggage to whatever extent. So the Kitchen Sink holds 2 laptops - 14'' + 15'' (in the laptop compartment), my bag of adapters, chargers, hard drives, cables (in one side pocket), my hair trimmer, electronic shaver and toiletries (in the other side pocket), my 160GB iPod Classic (perfect fit in the front padded pocket slot), a toothbrush, house + car keys (+ other small things in the front pocket), my passport, eye mask, headphones, glasses, sunglasses and loose change (in the top padded pocket), at least 3 t-shirts / shirts, a pair of jeans, trousers and shorts (in the main compartment) and a pair of slippers (in the bottom compartment). The bag looks like it's about to explode, but that's just an illusion, as there's always some space here and there.

For people who want to use this bag for air travel, two things to keep in mind - the side zipper for laptop access and the hooks in the front. The side access for the laptop is really convenient for quickly getting the laptops out during security. As for the hooks, I really like them as I attach a small pouch from the hook, just for some extra space. Plus since I carry a rolling bag, I've made provision of attaching the extended handle of my bag to the centre hook. This is unbelievably amazing while running from one terminal to another to catch a flight, while keeping your hands free. It's a slight inconvenience because when the bag is full, the hooks stand in the way of getting the bag in the overhead bin. But a little shake here and there, and voila, it fits. Also I've been asked more than once during the security check to "remove" these hooks from the bag. Imagine asking Wolverine to lay down his adamantium claws!!

Now for some areas for improvement:
1. Due to the padded pocket on the top, the flap keeps falling down over the main compartment. This personally doesn't bother me much, but might be an issue for some.
2. There is a pocket on each the shoulder strap (very well placed I should mention). I would assume that this is for a phone and other trinkets. The only problem is that it's too small for a smartphone. I usually use it for keeping my iPod nano and an extra pair of earphones.

To give a rating to this bag (on a scale of 5):

Build quality: 5/5
Space: 5/5
Design: 10/5 (wicked cool)
Ergonomics: 4.5/5 (only because of the small pockets on the shoulder strap unable to fit a smartphone)
Comfort: 4.5/5 (need some time to adjust the shoulder straps to individual height)
Price: 4/5 (I did think twice before shelling out $200)
Value for money: 5/5

Overall, $200 well spent.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Tacticool! But not very Practicool., November 7, 2012
I fell in love with the way this bag looks from the instant I seen it. Even though its a little more expensive I purchased the stealth black bag. There is no denying this is a fantastic looking bag. It gets attention everywhere it goes. The size of it is impressive. For an EDC bag I really couldn't ask for more space. Up until I found this bag I carried an all black The North Face Surge Daypack - Men's for almost a year.
I have a bit of an obsession with backpacks of all kinds. I don't typically shell out $200 for one though. I honestly might have ruined this bag for myself. I had super high expectations for a bag made by Oakley and with this price tag. While the quality, look and space of the bag all met my already high expectations. The layout, pocket design and the overall EDC capabilities of this bag really left me disappointed. The bag for what your paying really leaves a lot to be desired.

The pocket layout might be one of the worst I've seen. You can get more practical use out of a pillow case with a knot tied in it. There is no dedicated pocket for a water bottle. I guess the two pockets on either side could be used for water. But that just doesn't make any sense to me. Why would I want to unzip a pocket, take a drink, re-zip the pocket? This is basically the overall theme of the backpack. Anytime you want to get in and out of the bag, you have to unbuckle it, flip over the top flap then unzip it. Now because of the overall lack of any organization pockets I now have to fish for whatever your looking for then replace the top flap, re-zip then re-buckle.. 5 minutes later You realize you need something else... And the cycle continues. After a few days of carrying this I just left it unbuckled and then eventually unzipped. So the whole idea of carrying a backpack to keep my things secured was basically put on hold due to the hassle of going in and out of the bag. Its not a good backpack for an EDC. And its too expensive to be considered for anything else. Its not a real contender in any category of bag that I can see. There are much better options for EDC out there at a much lower price point. It is huge but because of the hassle that you have to go through to get in and out of it. Using it as a BOB is out of the question. Maybe the one nitch this bag might have. If you need something to be secure and difficult to get to. That would be this bag. But for almost every other practical application of ANY backpack. Getting in and out of it constantly is kind of the idea.

I returned the bag for a refund. If you want my advice stick with a company that is known for making amazing backpacks already. You will probably find them to be better suited for your needs. I will go back to my North Face Surge and wait for something else to come along. Maybe something from maxpedition.

***EDIT***
I forgot to mention the carry handle in my initial review and its important enough to point something up. If you didn't know already the carry handle is very heavy duty (awesome quality again). The bad thing about that is you have a solid metal bar digging into the back of your neck when your wearing the bag. It made it so that if I wore the backpack correctly I couldnt even look upward because of the contact with the carry handle. Or I could wear the bag improperly and let is sag down my back a bit and then the bag bounces and rubs when it should not. Another major design flaw in this bag. IMHO.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for fighting the zombie hordes, March 5, 2012
First off as always Amazon service is tip top. I ordered this pack on friday with the standard free shipping (5 to 8 buisness days it said) And it arrived on monday. The bag it's self defies words. The closest I can come is that it looks like a futuristic tactical bag. The pouches on the waist strap are the perfect size for small semiautomatic clips. And if you remove the waist strap you now have a pass through in the bag which could eazily accept a baseball bat or machete. All of this and it has room to spare. This may not be the cheapest bag on the block. But it's well worth every dime.

5.0 out of 5 stars For those Alienware Laptop owners... (+Beware of imitators!), March 5, 2013
Thomas (UNIVERSITY PLACE, WASHINGTON, US) - See all my reviews
If you happen to own a behemoth of a laptop (Alienware m17x or smaller), you can bet it will fit in this bag's laptop compartment, but just barely! M18x owners, sorry, but you'll have to look elsewhere.

If you're looking for an alternative to the Alienware Orion messenger bag to save yourself the shoulder pain, this bag is it. One can practically live out of this bag since they can put so much stuff in it. There's pockets and compartments for everything. What this bag can do that the Orion messenger cannot, is have plenty of spare room to also fit my laptop fan dock, a Cooler Master U3.
On top of that, it looks very cool, and the weight when fully loaded is fairly balanced on your back.

The only con I can think of, is that this bag is not geared to be as checkpoint-friendly as, lets say, an Alienware Orion messenger bag.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that there are imitators out there making similar but poor quality duplicates of this bag. Beware.
Search "Oakley Kitchen Sink Backpack Mochila (Fake and Real)" on Youtube and you will see the differences. (I am not allowed to post links in a review)

The product from this page on Amazon is the original (I've purchased from this exact page). You can count on NOT getting an imitator from here.

Hope this saves some people any trouble.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great backpack, but comes with some inconveniences, October 10, 2012
I purchase this backpack after my previous Oakley's back strap failing after only 9 months. Being top of the line, I expect this backpack to be stronger, but only time will tell me. This backpack is overkill for school, and probably weigh more than you expect for the purpose, but I wanted a big back that I can throw everything in it when needed since I bike to school (3 books, binder, laptop, sweatshirts, minor things and maybe I bought something that day) and still use the same backpack for other purposes, like travelling.

Those who complain about weight and size, just picked a wrong backpack for their purpose and should only blame themselves, not Oakley's designer team. My old $25 compact backpack with two small compartments are almost weightless and comfortable when carrying just a few things, but with no cushion/compartment for laptop, a tumbler inside main compartment, no extra room if I want to carry unexpected items, it does not work for me. This backpack was a right choice for me, but it will not work for your specific purposes. You should't even CONSIDER this backpack if you need a light/small/easy to access backpack. This backpack isn't just simply designed for that purpose.

Pros
- Visual: The reason I decided to drop $170 for it in first place.
- Glasses compartment: Conveniently located with protection, so now I actually carry my sunglasses all the time. I didn't bother bringing around my sunglasses before for daily life due to bulkiness and weight of the case.
- Large side pockets: Two side pockets are very large and can be used to put many stuffs. My previous backpacks' side pockets were rather small and you can only put a certain things in there, but these side pockets are huge and my big Starbucks tumbler goes in their easily.
- Protection for gadgets: Hard walled accessory pocket in front compartment.
- Side access to laptop compartment: Easy and quick access to laptop, or if you don't use one, you can use this space for whatever your main thing is as the space is huge.
- Bottom "Shoes" compartment: First time having a such compartment, but I can see it becoming useful when I don't want to mix something with other goodies. It also has a strap around the zipper so it won't open unintentionally.

Cons
- Access to main compartment: The metal clips are understandable as they play their role in the design, but my complain comes from top glasses compartment not staying open unless you hold it up. Or you need to flip it back fully, which causes bending of the top part itself. I am worried that it will cause deformity overtime if I continue to flip it completely backwards.
- Access to front compartment: You have to unclip in order to access the small front compartment for gadgets. So if you want to bring out a pen, you have to unclip twice, unzip, pull the cover up and pull out the pen and close it in reverse step. You pretty much have to put down your backpack most of the time to pull things out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 6, 2011
I got this bag as a graduation gift from my brother last year. I simply loved it!!! As I got an opportunity to travel to India for a nine month research project, this bag came in very handy. There is limited space in it, except when you open up the bottom sleve. I essentially backpacked for most of the nine months carrying my DSLR camera and lens, camcoder, one or sometimes two of my laptops and about four pair of clothes and other miscellaneous items.

What I love about the bag is how awesome it looks and how robust it is. Even after using it roughly for so long it still looks almost new. It is waterproof, while I was wary due to the amount of expensive electronics carried in the bag, I have been out in the rain with it and none of my things have gotten wet.

While I didn't end up using the three hooks on the exterior much, mostly due to the unnessary attention it draws when you hang extra shoes or other items or other times due to the inconvenience it causes when you may bump things into people when it is crowded. But regardless, it is a great feature to have on a bag and can be used if needed.

One thing to be mindful about is that when you are traveling out of country, this bag can really highlight you as a tourist. This may or may not be safe if you need to assimilate into the crowd.

As for me, I have gotten a lot of compliments and curious stares when I travel with this bag... and I LOVE IT! :-)

-----------------------------
Update - Jan 22 2013

I just thought I would update the status of my backpack now that I have used it for about two and a half years. It is still it great condition. After using it for backpacking for year as I mentioned earlier, I have been using it much more casually. In fact, it still looks pretty new. The only wear that I see is in the separator of compartments inside the bag. There is a minor tear on the side of this separator and I just I have adjust it a bit to make sure it doesn't in the way when zipping up the laptop compartment. Other than way, I can't hardly see any wear and tear on the backpack!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bag!!, March 19, 2013
The first time I saw this bag I had to have it, unfortunately the steep price tag held me back from purchasing it. I'm a bit thrifty when it comes to spending my money. I special opportunity arose where I had a chance to get this bag at a discounted rate through work, and jumped on it.

I carry a laptop every day so I've gone through bags like crazy, they don't normally hold up to the day to day abuse. I've had this bag for about 7 months now, and it still looks brand new. I hope it lasts as long as I think it will. It's a large bag, I've packed it pretty full on a few different occasions, and have always had plenty of room to spare. The extra shoe compartment is nice, don't have to worry about getting your electronics, or clothes dirty. It has other large compartments and places to hold/protect your Oakley glasses and cell phones. I've found that the glasses pocket holds my Motorola bluetooth headset perfectly around my glasses. The straps on the side work awesome for holding montster/rockstar cans snugly. I get compliments on how cool this bag is all of the time.

If I wanted to nitpick this bag, there are a couple of things I would like to see differently. I wish the top opening was a little larger. Even with this huge bag, I can't get my hard inner shelled lunch box inside. There is plenty of room inside for it, but the opening is just a tab to small for it to fix. Not a huge deal, I just use a soft lunch bag when I take the motorcycle. The other thing I'd like to see is a netted zipper area somewhere to keep change or whatever in there. Again, not a huge deal but sometime nice to have on some of the other bags I've owned.

All in all, I love this bag. If it lasts a long time, I will definitely pay full price if I ever need to purchase another.

***EDIT*** I've had this bag for almost two years of everyday use. I've carried it pretty loaded down on several occasions. This bag is showing NO signs of wear at all! Don't let the price scare you. It's one tough backpack.

Oakley Kitchen Sink Pack, Black